SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Found the perfect grout cleaner

Oakley
4 years ago

Yesterday I watched a video on how to clean grout like a pro does and when I read the comments someone said, "I use Clorox Cleaner + Bleach." I keep it on hand to help keep my white cast iron sink bright and other things.

I have ceramic floors in the kitchen and utility room w/white grout, and I also have two big dogs who track mud inside, they slobber after eating and if there's a tiny bit of dust on the floor their slobber falls on, well, then we have mud. The grout was almost dark brown in spots.

I've used vinegar, soda, water, Dawn, you name it. Vinegar and soda may have worked if I wanted to lose my arm in the process while scrubbing. lol

If you use it, test in a small spot first. I believe my tile is 10" x 10" so I did small areas at a time. Also, my floor needed mopping but I was going to wait until after I cleaned the grout.

Supplies: Clorox Cleaner + Bleach, grout scrubber or a hard toothbrush, dry paper towels, and either wet paper towels or swiffer wet pads. I use swiffer wet pads because I like how they clean.

Put all suppliese on the floor and get on your hands and knees. :) It only takes a few minutes.

Spray the designated area with Clorox, let sit about two minutes or so, scrub with the grout brush, wipe off with dry paper towels, and then use a swiffer pad by hand or wet paper towels.

Then take a break.

When I finished there was no need to mop. Even my husband is wowed at the difference!

Comments (27)