SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrhayes04

Black/Black windows

J. Clark
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are having all our windows replaced as part of a major renovation of a 1960's home (1 story, approx 25 windows and 2 sets of patio doors). I am going with a little more modern look and set on black interior/ black exterior frames. I am surprised by how few manufacturers offer this without painting the interior black, which I do not want to do.

We are on a rather tight window budget (thanks to some poor budget planning at the advise of our contractor, but that's a different story) so I'm curious what my best options are.

So far we have looked at:

• Anderson 100 Series which I believe is Fiberglass - seems like a nice option
  • Milgard aluminum bronze anodized - worried this may not be close enough to a true black

Milgard has an Ultra line which is a fiberglass exterior and a wood interior in "black bean" but I was told this would be quite a bit pricier.

Any others we should consider? Any input on Anderson vs Milgard? Anyone have the Milgard aluminum anodized bronze and happy with the color or does it have more of a dark brownish look?
Is fiberglass always superior to vinyl and aluminum?

We are in Houston TX for reference. Thank you!

Comments (36)