SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nrd11

Need advice on cleaning/showering plants please.

N D
4 years ago

Hello All,
I have hundreds of houseplants and some are getting pretty dusty and could use a nice little shower, but I’m not sure what the best way to do that is. I give all of my plants room temp filtered water, so I’m nervous about just filling my tub with a bunch of pots and turning the shower on. We have a lot of fluoride and junk in our tap water and I worry that by just putting them in a shower, the soil will obviously get doused and soak up a bunch of tap water they’re not used to, and then that will have deleterious effects on my plants. I also don’t want soil all over my bathtub or going down the drain. I know I could just go one by one, plant by plant, leaf by leaf, dusting with a moist towel, but that will take forever! By the time I’m done with the last leaf of the last plant, it will be a year later and time to start over! I’ll be dusting plants for the rest of my life. I live in a condo, so I don’t have a yard and hose to take them outside either. Does anyone have any tips or ideas for cleaning/dusting plants efficiently, effectively, and easily enough, keeping in mind the issues I listed above? Thanks for any info or advice you may have.

Comments (30)