Latest CNN poll

dublinbay z6 (KS)

This is getting more and more interesting as the primary season approaches.

In general election match-ups, Trump is defeated by the top SIX Dem. candidates:

• Biden 53; Trump 44
  • Bloomberg 52; Trump 43
  • Sanders 52; Trump 45
  • Warren 50; Trump 45
  • Buttigieg 49; Trump 45
  • Klobuchar 48; Trump 45

Here are some other interesting goodies from this poll.

"Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders has improved his standing in the national Democratic race for president, joining former Vice President Joe Biden in a two-person top tier above the rest of the field. . . ."

"Sanders has made gains nearly across the board, clearly pulling away from Warren among liberals (33% back Sanders, while 19% support Warren in the new poll), a group where the two had been running closely through much of the fall. Sanders has also pulled about even with Biden among voters of color (30% for Sanders, 27% for Biden). "

"Biden remains the candidate a plurality of Democrats say has the best chance to defeat Trump."

"The share of Democrats who say nominating a candidate who can defeat Trump is more important than choosing one who agrees with them on the issues has rebounded to 57%, according to the poll. Sanders has made gains as the preferred choice of potential Democratic voters who prioritize defeating the president as well."

----------

Now for the bad news--those "swing" states that gave Trump the presidency (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona, Florida, etc.)--

-----------

"The poll included an oversample of those living in 15 battleground states, defined as those where the race between Clinton and Trump in 2016 was decided by 8 points or fewer. In those states, the poll finds consistently tight races regardless of the nominees, with Democrats ranging from 46% to 49% support and Trump from 47% to 50%. In none of the six tested matchups does either candidate hold a significant advantage. "

"For Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents, health care (55% extremely important) and climate change (50%) dominate, with gun policy third (37%) while the economy (32%), immigration (32%) and foreign policy (31%) lag behind."

"For Republicans and Republican-leaners, just 27% cite health care as extremely important and only 8% consider climate change that important. At the top of their list is the economy (49% extremely important), followed by gun policy (41%) and immigration (36%). "

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/politics/cnn-poll-sanders-biden-january-national/index.html

-----------------------------

That "battleground states" figure catches my attention. Those are the states that, by a very narrow margin, gave Trump the electoral college win last time.

Kate

SaveComment93Like3
Comments (93)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nana H

They catch mine too. National polls are not as important as State polls. The Dems have to choose a candidate that can win those battleground States. In my mind there are only two who can. Barring a huge event, so much depends on who the nominee is....so, so much.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

The candidate is important.

Which one does the GOP fear most?

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Which one does the GOP fear most?

None, and we laugh at those silly polls.

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Yeah I see you laughing every time Ann posts them, too, right? ;)

So Bloomberg is tied for the greatest spread. And he can complete a coherent sentence. Let’s get it done.

7 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

The new leader of the GOP has spoken!

Don't anyone tell Mr. Trump...

1 Like Save    
lurker111

Yeah I see you laughing every time Ann posts them, too, right? ;)

Ann doesn't post silly polls. :^)

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

This is before the Republicans have unleashed illegal campaign 'assistance' from foreign states.

Save    
lurker111

Aren't these conspiracy theories so much fun?

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Not fun at all.
Very disappointing to see all the evidence ignored by Republicans.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

What evidence? I haven't seen any and I've been paying attention. I've seen a lot of crazy conspiracy theories from the crats and their propaganda machines that are so far removed from reality, you would have to be pretty stupid to swallow it.

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Could we please stay on topic? There are other threads that reflect your interests. Feel free to join them.

I assure you that we became aware of your views on "crazy conspiracy theories" a number of repetitions ago, so another repetition on this thread is not needed.

Kate

8 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Very disappointing to see all the evidence ignored by Republicans."

Last I heard, the search for evidence regarding Trump and Russia is ongoing. Which Republicans are ignoring the information IG Horowitz presented on FISA abuse?

US Attorney John Durham's investigation into the Trump/Russia narrative has become a criminal investigation. If Republicans have been "ignoring evidence" how do you suppose that happened?

1 Like Save    
Toby

I'm not surprised by the poll numbers because he's never gotten above the low to mid 40s in his approval numbers in three years. While he sometimes has an upward blip, he always settles back down into the same range.

Save    
lurker111

Crickets. Every time you ask for evidence, you get a personal attack. lol! Weak.

1 Like Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)
  • Biden 53; Trump 44
  • Bloomberg 52; Trump 43
  • Sanders 52; Trump 45
  • Warren 50; Trump 45
  • Buttigieg 49; Trump 45
  • Klobuchar 48; Trump 45
  • ..........A new reason for calling him Trump 45

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Looks good for the crats on those silly polls. :^)

Save    
foodonastump

A new reason for calling him Trump 45

Good one but I still like calling him U50.

Sorry Kate. Back on topic:

What do you make of Bloomberg’s numbers. I find it interesting that while he polls pretty low nationally in the primary race, a national poll has him tied for highest spread against Trump.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I'm not sure if I "like" Bloomberg, but I do believe he could beat Trump. Maybe some others are coming to that conclusion also. As the poll showed, Dems. are in favor of picking a candidate who can beat Trump and not necessarily someone whose policies they agree with.

Kate

Save    
Nana H

I'm not convinced Bloomberg could win the battleground States but I think he could give it a really good shot.

It is interesting that a sold majority think beating Trump is the top priority and by significant numbers they think Biden can do that easier than Bernie.

Save    
Ann

Yes Kate, Dems favor choosing a candidate they think can beat Trump by quite a bit over picking a candidate whose policies they agree with. That's been consistent over many polls for a long time. I can't think I've seen one in months, maybe even years, where that wasn't the case.

Details within the most recent polls have been of great interest to me too! Loads of interesting details!

Save    
Ann

I'm going to pull three comments of mine from another poll thread, where Ziemia had introduced this CNN poll to the middle of the conversation and prompted me into this poll. Here are some things I noticed in this one:

"Interesting, in that new poll Ziemia is referencing, Sanders passes Biden (27% Sanders and 24% Biden). What makes that especially interesting is they show a chart including their most recent 6 polls and Biden led Sanders in all of the previous 5 (by somewhere between 6 and 18 points). So, this represents a noticeable and significant Sanders increase in this particular poll.

ETA: Reading more of the poll details, they then show another chart going all the way back to 2018, and the Biden/Bernie pattern is the same in every poll, until this one, where Bernie takes the lead."

Save    
Ann

"But, then they say they think Biden has the best chance of beating Trump, which is more important to them than policy. But, they also say it's Bernie who agrees with them on issues that matter most. And, they are very undecided on who they will ultimately vote for (over 50% are). In terms of enthusiasm, Bernie scores highest in that category."

Save    
Ann

"Independents especially like Bernie, 31 to 16% over Biden."

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Of course, one major reason why Dems. don't need to focus so much on the differences in policy among the various candidates is because there is a fair degree of unanimity among the candidates on important Dem. issues. That leaves the Dem. voter free to concentrate more on electability.

Kate

1 Like Save    
Ann

This is interesting from the article in the OP. This could indicate to me that it is women "holding down" women, not men holding down women.

"While only 9% of men say a women could not win the U.S. presidency, that figure about doubles among women, 20% of whom say no, a woman cannot win the presidency."

Save    
Ann

"Of course, one major reason why Dems. don't need to focus so much on the differences in policy among the various candidates is because there is a fair degree of unanimity among the candidates on important Dem. issues. "

I'd argue healthcare is not one of those issues. There are significant differences between how far the individual candidates want to go with healthcare changes.

Save    
Ann

In reading the article in the OP, the very biggest point being made in the article is the noticeable and significant gains recently made by Bernie, yet the conversation in this thread, so far, isn't about that. Are the liberal posters on this thread pleased or displeased about this Bernie increases?

Save    
foodonastump

Ann - I don’t see how feeling like a woman can’t win, is “holding down” women, unless you mean in the context of not voting for one in the primaries because they don’t see a woman beating Trump.

As for who could beat him, perhaps I’m giving too much consideration to debates, especially given that Trump has already hinted that he might wimp out. I cringe imagining Biden up there, I think Bernie would quickly make him look small. Warren would put up a good fight but she might turn people off in the process. I think Bloomberg could do it.

Maybe I’m veering too far off topic here, but how influential are debates, historically?

1 Like Save    
Nana H

I agree with Kate. There is very little difference in their policies . There are however differences with the execution of those policies.

Thinking voters understand that what a candidate promises and what Congress delivers are not always the same thing. Bernie may want Medicare For All , free tuition and student debt forgiven but that is very unlikely to be what the House delivers given the large number of moderate Democrats . Certainly not something even a Democrat controlled Senate would deliver. There will have to be some compromise on the issues.

2 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I like what I've seen and heard from Bloomburg thus far and it has nothing to do with his wealth. I think he may well be the toughest of the Dem candidates and the strongest one to beat Trump. As a New Yorker, he gets the sort of persona that Trump displays and can beat Trump at his own game. Bloomberg is articulate and seasoned so I would love to see him in a debate with Trump. Trump would chicken out, realizing he would be beaten verbally. If Bloomberg is somehow chosen as the best candidate to defeat Trump, then he has my vote.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

"Ann - I don’t see how feeling like a woman can’t win, is “holding down” women, unless you mean in the context of not voting for one in the primaries because they don’t see a woman beating Trump.

As for who could beat him, perhaps I’m giving too much consideration to debates, especially given that Trump has already hinted that he might wimp out. I cringe imagining Biden up there, I think Bernie would quickly make him look small. Warren would put up a good fight but she might turn people off in the process. I think Bloomberg could do it."

I'm not sure I can explain how the women information hit me, but I would have expected it to nonexistent or even reversed, and it kind of bugged me in the way it polled. I'll think about it and add more later if my pondering leads to additional thoughts. I, as a woman, absolutely think a woman could win a presidency - without question. As far as beating Trump, I think a woman would face precisely the same challenges a man would, and neither would have an advantage or disadvantage because of their gender.

But, the debate paragraph is most interesting. I think Trump's feelings about debating will be based on who he will be debating. I think he'd LOVE to debate Biden, as often as possible (for the very reason you said). Debates with Bernie would be fascinating in that the policy differences and desires would be enormous. I don't know how one would make the other look as much as the glaring differences in policy would be so interesting to hear, side by side. I agree with you about Warren. I just haven't heard enough from Bloomberg yet to know about how he speaks and debates and what he supports.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

"While only 9% of men say a women could not win the U.S. presidency, that figure about doubles among women, 20% of whom say no, a woman cannot win the presidency."

That opinion is not consistent with the conclusion that women are holding women down. Just as blacks articulate the problems they face and see in society (as opposed to the problems whites see for them), 20% of women are articulating the problems they face and see.

I see a female candidate having a more difficult time than a male because misogyny, like racism and bigotry, is an emotion fairly easy to provoke. Having that opinion has not prevented me from voting for women.

For the noxious intersection of misogyny and racism, see the treatment of Meghan Markle in Great Britain, and to a lesser extent, in the US.

ETA: I think Trump would fear debating a number of the Democratic candidates -- especially those who have spoken most forcefully against him in the debates. Bloomberg's speech at the Democratic convention against Trump pulled no punches -- "I'm from New York, and we know a con when we see one."

Sanders, Warren, Bloomberg would destroy Trump in a debate. Trump may actually be intimidated by Bloomberg because he genuinely is a billionaire as opposed to Trump's pretend billionaire.

3 Likes Save    

Another thought on Bloomberg: I'd like to see a state-by-state poll on Bloomberg v Trump. He is an outspoken advocate for gun control which could affect some battleground states.

3 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Foods true statement of Warren putting up a good fight but perhaps turning off people in the process is the stated essence of misogyny. Women are not accepted by many if they are forceful and that is as big an issue for women as it is for men.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"Foods true statement of Warren putting up a good fight but perhaps turning off people in the process is the stated essence of misogyny. Women are not accepted by many if they are forceful and that is as big an issue for women as it is for men."

I disagree. In my opinion, Warren's way of debating (her personality in general) is what would turn people off, not her gender. Klobuchar, for example, is also a woman but comes across very differently than Warren in a debate. And, Klobuchar has a reputation for being very forceful (heck, even mean to her staff).

3 Likes Save    

Warren's way of debating (her personality in general) is what would turn people off

What is a turn off to some is that a woman is debating like an assertive male.

If Elizabeth Warren debated like Bernie Sanders, a whole lot of people would lose their cool (cleaning up my language here).

Just as Kamala Harris was criticized for acting like the prosecutor that she is, no male senator is criticized for acting like a prosecutor when he does the same.

8 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Patriciae - I know you weren’t directing the misogyny statement at me, but I’d have to disagree. While I do believe that women are judged differently (the man’s tough and the woman’s a B type of thing), in the case of Warren I think it’s just a personality trait.

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

I really believe that when polls ask "Who can beat trump?" the vast majority of the answers are just what those polled have read in headlines. Most voters have no clue how else to answer that question. They really don't know how to make the calculated guess on their own. This is one way that news skews reality. It is lazy story generation, and a shame.

2 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Public opinions are always swayed by media coverage, and these days, there are many & varied sources, and a lot of folks pay no attention to politics in the news beyond headlines, if that.

Basing one's choice on what one thinks other people want or will do is a losing game, IMO.

And I think it's fair to say the of all the potential candidates, the one that our president seems most fearful about running against is Biden, judging by his attempts to undermine him. Now why would that be, I wonder? Could it be internal GOP polling numbers?

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Could it internal GOP polling numbers?

Yep.

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

What an impressive thread this turned out to be--after we navigated some rougher waters in the first half. I really enjoyed reading the various opinions and learned from them also.

Anyone else want to contribute?

I, for one, would like to hear more about what impact you think the debates have on voters' choices. I think I usually pretty much have my choice picked after the first debate or two, but the debates help me reaffirm my choice--reassure me that I didn't overlook someone.

This year, however, I'm not having a strong feeling yet about any of the Dem. candidates--nor am I having a negative response to any of the top ones (including some of the "second tier" ones). Whichever--I'm game!

I do like watching the interaction between the rival candidates, especially for the general election. I don't think I'll ever get the image out of my head of Trump glowering darkly while pacing back and forth behind Hillary as she moved downstage to give her answer.

Does anyone find that the debates are a major factor in helping them make up their minds which candidate to choose?

Kate

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Debates are only a tiny factor in my decision. My decisions are more policy, integrity, experience based. Sometimes things will be said in a debate that might shift my favored ranking a bit, one way or the other, but it is rare for me to change drastically from my prior opinion. Usually debate performances might decrease my opinion; rarely does a good performance increase it. Showmanship isn't my priority.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

LOLOLOL! Joe and Co. have a lot of explaining to do.

Save    
foodonastump

Kate - The debates definitely influence me, because I’m looking at not only the issues but also the person who will represent my country to the world. The character that will lead us through good times and bad. You get a glimpse of character when they’re up against rivals, relatively unscripted. I haven’t watched much of the debates thus far; I won’t be part of the primaries and my eventual vote will go to whoever wins. 2016, I’d have given thought to a choice between say Clinton and say Kasich and debates would have impacted that, but no thought needed this year. Unfortunately I share your lack of strong feelings on any of the Dems. I find it incredibly lacking in planning and leadership that in these past three years the Dem’s couldn’t find a savior to unite and rally around.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

We agree on a lot, food, but I think I must disagree about why no one candidate stands out.

As I've said before, I honestly see it as having a number of very good candidates to pick from--not a case of one good candidates shining out from the nondescript crowd of mediocres. It is the number of good choices that makes me a bit indifferent which one is picked by the voters. Regardless of whom, the choice is bound to be a good one.

But can that choice beat Trump? That question can get my engines roaring! : )

Kate

2 Likes Save    
Toby

A savior, as in a hero? It doesn't seem we make them anymore, at least not in politics. Look at Congress. They should be our best and brightest but most are just an embarrassment.

Save    
Nana H

Want some fun look at the 538 map by State now.

Save    
Kathy

The debates are not a major factor for me until it gets down to the last 2. There are so many variables. I am a moderate but I will vote for whichever Dem wins the nomination. Even with all the warts they might have I trust they will do their best for US and not themself.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Do you have a link, Nana? I'd like to see what Nate thinks Trump's chances are right now. I googled 538 and didn't see a map similar to the one catkin linked, but your comment leads me to think you might know where one is.

Save    
Nana H

It isn't a map showing Trump's chance of winning against any specific candidate , it is his popularity by State..then and now. Maybe it was Morning Consult . Past my bedtime but I'll find and edit to show link.

ETA. Here it is ....the sliding bar is interesting. Don't be fooled by the colors they use they are't representative of the parties. The data below the map shows the actual shift by State.

https://morningconsult.com/tracking-trump-2/

Save    
Ann

Oh, I'm aware of that Morning Consult website. I was looking for a map like the map catkin posted, which I believe was a 538 map.

Save    
haydayhayday

I walked into the dance on Tuesday, the last debate. Reasonably diverse group of people.

"Hi, guess I'm not the only one that's not interested in a rerun of Bernie and Eliazabeth"

I got blank looks back. "Bernie, Elizabeth?"

Hay

Save    
haydayhayday

It all boils down to this.

Everything else is just talk.

Hay

Save    
Ann

A new Emerson "general election" poll was released today. It shows a 50/50 tie between Biden and Trump and it shows a 51/49 Bernie lead over Trump. Bernie is most definitely the man of the moment and it's appearing to not be a one off in the recent CNN poll. Bernie is really on the move! I noticed this poll when looking at RCP, in case anyone wants to check it out.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

If Trump is re-elected, don’t say you weren’t warned what he was.

Save    
haydayhayday

Biden is the loser in this Impeachment Circus.

I got blank looks back. "Bernie, Elizabeth?"

People love free stuff.

Hay

Save    
catkinZ8a

Zero's freaking out--in more ways than one, lolololol.

Save    
Nana H

Ann, I don't think they will do a map like that until there is an actual Democratic candidate . A map like that with the 5 or 6 candidates in play would be too much at this point.

Save    
Toby

Emerson only samples registered voters, which misses first-time voters, part of the reason the map of 2016 was off by so much. Bernie likely will be the one to benefit from first-time voters, much as Trump benefited from them in 2016.

Save    
Ann

"Ann, I don't think they will do a map like that until there is an actual Democratic candidate . A map like that with the 5 or 6 candidates in play would be too much at this point."

Okay, I only went looking because you suggested it which generated a bit of curiosity in me. But, I see now you weren't talking about any 538 map, despite your comment, which might be worth editing.

1 Like Save    
Ann

"Biden is the loser in this Impeachment Circus."

That's certainly possible. The House Managers really gave him a starring role yesterday.

Save    
Ann

Just in case anyone wants to read specifics in the new Emerson poll I mentioned last night, in a comment in this thread. One of the things I found interesting in this article is the relative unwillingness for Bernie and Yang supporters to support another potential nominee. Oh and also, the lack of interest in the Senate trial among Independents.

https://emersonpolling.reportablenews.com/pr/national-2020-biden-and-sanders-battle-in-two-way-race-for-democratic-nomination

Save    
Ann

New career high approval number for Trump in a brand new ABC/WaPo poll (1/20-1/23).

"More striking in the poll — which has not generally been favorable to Mr. Trump — was his approval rating of 44%. The Post said that’s the best showing of his presidency.

Among registered voters he was even stronger, at 47% approval and 50% disapproval."

Save    
lurker111

The crats really want Trump, they just wanted him to run as a crat. They loved him before he joined the republicans. They practically begged him to run for president.

Save    
Iris GW

^^ any proof of that?

1 Like Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Where's my baloney meme?

2 Likes Save    
Ann

Interesting, a brand new NYT poll shows Bernie winning Iowa by a fair amount. All other recent polls in Iowa have shown a Biden win, but this one really changed the look of the Real Clear Politics graph of the Iowa Dem race.

The same poll shows Trump beating all of them in Iowa in the general election.

1 Like Save    
numbersjunkie

As a Yang supporter I can offer may take on Ann's post about Yang's supporters unwillingness to support another candidate. I am very active on Twitter and Yang FB groups, and based on the comments I have seen there, believe Democrats who support Yang would absolutely "go blue, not matter who". The thing about Yang is that he is pulling support from a lot of crossover voters - Independents and Republicans who don't support Trump. I see posts from these people all the time. They would never support some of the far left Democratic candidates - they would vote Trump or just not vote at all. I think this also explains why Yang's fundraising does not line up with the polls - polls often target only "likely Democratic" voters.

As far as Bernie is concerned, his supporters seem to have a reputation for being very critical of the Democratic establishment, and would be more likely to engage in protest voting if he is not the nominee. I don't think my theory on Yang holds for Bernie.

3 Likes Save    
Toby

Ann Selzer is the pollster to watch in Iowa. She polls for CNN and the Des Moines Register. They will release their final poll two days before the Iowa caucus.

Save    
Ann

In the betting market Hayday introduced us all to (Predictit), Bernie has taken the lead to win the Dem nomination. Biden has held that lead for 3 months (that's all the further back I looked) and Bernie passed Biden yesterday, with a further jump up today. Then in Iowa, Bernie has an impressive lead to win the caucuses in Predictit. I'm really looking forward to watching Iowa play out next week. This is getting quite interesting.

Save    
cattyles

Want to start a pool over which struggling country trump will extort to come up with dirt on Sanders?

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Ann, I think it will be really interesting if Bernie gets the nomination. What would make it remarkable is that it will signal the fall of the DNC's reign of power and failure of Pelosi's (and her MSM) plan to plunder his candidacy.

Save    
Ann

I actually think Bernie now has an excellent chance of getting the nomination. He's on a huge roll at just the right time, and his voters are VERY fired up and will figuratively explode if Bernie is not treated fairly this time.

1 Like Save    
gsciencechick(8a NC/SC border)

Bloomberg seems to be siphoning voters from Biden at the moment which is probably helping Bernie.

2 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Three days ago:

Today, just now:

Hay

1 Like Save    
Nana H

........and the three days from now it will be different again

Save    
haydayhayday

Ann:

"I actually think Bernie now has an excellent chance of getting the nomination"

I think the bettors agree. I think the bettors are also thinking that, IF Bernie wins the Democratic Nomination, he will be the favorite in the 2020 vote running against Trump.

Bernie has an excellent chance of being our President.

By my very rough calculations with huge margin of error:

IF Bernie wins the Democratic Nomination AND goes head to head with Trump in the 2020 election he would beat Trump.

63 cents will get you a dollar in the odds.

IF Biden...

54 cents will get you a dollar in the odds.

Bernie is more favored to win against Trump, one on one, if it gets there.

But, "If if's and and's were pots and pans, the whole world would be a kitchen!"

Hay

Save    
haydayhayday

Nana H

"........and the three days from now it will be different again"

With virtual certainty.

Hay

1 Like Save    
Nana H

I like to bet a little, DH would say a littie too much, but there is not a chance in hell I would put a penny on any of this stuff at this point.....maybe at any point.

Save    
haydayhayday

Nana:

"I like to bet a little, DH would say a littie too much, but there is not a chance in hell I would put a penny on any of this stuff at this point.....maybe at any point."

Still, if someone forced me to make a bet, I'd be indifferent in taking any side of any of these bets. The betting markets are the best predictor of what to expect, given where we stand at the moment Not the polls.

Hay

Save    
Ann

"........and the three days from now it will be different again"

Potentially, the most likely to be the Dem nominee could change in three days, but it has consistently remained Biden for 3+ months, until yesterday.

Save    
elvis

Argh.

"If if's and and's were pots and pans, the whole world would be a kitchen!"

No^^^.

"If ifs and ands were pots and pans, the whole world would be a kitchen!"

Yes^^^.

Save    
haydayhayday

Elvis:

Argh.

"If if's and and's were pots and pans, the whole world would be a kitchen!"

No^^^.

"If ifs and ands were pots and pans, the whole world would be a kitchen!"

Yes^^^.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Funny:

I'm a betting man. Want to bet?

Hay

Save    
haydayhayday

Don’t forget to dot all your is and cross all you ts.

Don't forget to dot all your ies and cross all your tes?

Don't forget to dot all your i's and cross all your t's.

Hay

Save    
haydayhayday

They call it a "Manual of Style"

If you want hard and fast rules, change your major from English to Mathematics.

Hay

Save    
haydayhayday

Ann:

"Potentially, the most likely to be the Dem nominee could change in three days, but it has consistently remained Biden for 3+ months, until yesterday."

Hay

1 Like Save    
elvis

Apostrophe is used to form plurals of letters that appear in lowercase: i's, t's.

Or you can use quotation marks: "I"s, "t"s.

You got it right in the end.

Save    
haydayhayday

I learned from a pro.

One of THE very best.

In actuality, in the exact sentence that started this.

Manual of Style, not Manual of Hard and Fast Rules.

For me, at this point,:

"Whatever".

"De gustibus non est disputandum"

A nice way to chill out after a fun day.

Now it's bedtime.

Been fun.

Hay

Save    
Ann

Good news for Trump in his RCP average today. Now at 45.6, the highest since the Feb. 2017, just weeks after inauguration.

Save    
Chi

Pretty low bar he's set for himself if 45% approval is cause for celebration...

1 Like Save    
Kathy

If Trump can get 45% he must have assurance the rest can be made up by Russia with fractions in some states. Otherwise why isn’t he concerned he has locked himself into 45% rather than a majority? He definitely isn’t reaching out or trying to expand his base

1 Like Save    
Ann

My goodness Kathy, his favorability was far lower than 45 when he won the election in 2016.

Save    
Kathy

That makes it even more suspicious he won imho.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Inside Houzz Inside Houzz: Introducing the Latest Houzz App for Android
By Houzz
Take advantage of the Houzz app’s updated look and feel, including full-screen photos and easier navigation
Full Story
Data Watch Houzz Survey: See the Latest Benchmarks on Remodeling Costs and More
The annual Houzz & Home survey reveals what you can expect to pay for a renovation project and how long it may take
Full Story
Bold Color No Neutral Ground? Why the Color Camps Are So Opinionated
Can't we all just get along when it comes to color versus neutrals?
Full Story