Three firefighters dead after Large Air Tanker crashes while fighting

shaxhome(Frog Rock, Australia 9b)

They were Americans, here to help us fight the fires. I don't not what else to say. Tragic.

Tragedy.

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lurker111

That's who we are, shax. Australia could set up a fund for their families. That would be the honorable thing to do.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Thank you for your kindness shax. They put their lives on the line everyday. They leave their homes and families everyday, knowing today could be their last. And they still do it. They went out with their boots on, doing what they love. It's sad for their families, but it wasn't in vain. It was from love they do this.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by shaxhome
Nana H

So sad. I have nothing but admiration for the men and women who risk their lives to fight these fires. Heroes all.

3 Likes Save    
how2girl

Devastating. Courageous heroes. Flags will fly at half mast In NSW tomorrow.

2 Likes Save    
Tito Milian

I’m sure your folks would do the same for us Yanks. They are a special breed of hero. God bless their families at home.

2 Likes Save    
zmith

Very sad news. Fighting fires is dangerous work that few of us have the skills and to courage to undertake. My heart goes out to their families.

Save    
blfenton

That is so horrible. My thoughts to all their families including their forest-fire-fighting families. When we had horrible fires in the north a couple of years ago Australians were here to help.

It seems that Canadians, Australians and Americans are one big family in the forest fire community and are always ready to help each other.

A good friend of ours was killed in a i similar crash fighting forest fires a number of years ago. It was heart-breaking.

Save    
mudhouse

I hadn't read about this tragedy, Shax. Thank you for posting it here, and for your comments.

Sorry also about the loss of your friend in similar circumstances, blfenton. Shax is right; so hard to find words about people who lay down their lives in order to help others. Everything I type seems so small.

Save    
Chi

That is so sad. I hope their families are at least a little comforted by the fact that they died as heroes.

Save    
youngquinn_gw

yes this is tragic. Firefighters are heroes in my book.So very sorry .

"

The plane, known as Zeus, was owned and operated by Canada-based company Coulson Aviation and contracted to the RFS.

The company’s owners are travelling to Australia and are expected to arrive later on Friday." RFS is Regional Fire Service of NSW. sorry did not register the source...but general media of NSW

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Lawn Alternatives Before and After: Front Lawn to Prairie Garden
How they did it: Homeowners create a plan, stick to it and keep the neighbors (and wildlife) in mind
Full Story
Housekeeping Three Magic Words for a Clean Home and a Better Life
Not a natural tidying and organizing whiz? Take hope in one short phrase that can change your life forever
Full Story
Landscape Design Stop Fighting the Patchy Lawn!
Here are 3 situations where a garden may be a better idea than more turfgrass
Full Story