SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_31980380324

is white mosaic tile for shower floor a mistake or a regret?

R M
4 years ago

I'm grateful to the responses in another thread that steered me away from a textured white tile that would be a floor-cleaning nightmare, so hoping for more advice on my next selection.

I'm now looking at new options and considering small fish-scale/fan mosaic as the shower floor.

the walls of the shower - white subway with an elongated horizontal niche that is backed with white fishscales

planned to use white grout for the shower (but might be open to suggestions if that will also be a nightmare).

vanities are white beadboard

athroom floor wood plank-tile to coordinate with the adjacent hallway.

Trying to keep the look very open/airy/beach cottage.

That leaves me with what to put in the shower floor??

considering putting small fish scale tile to repeat the niche theme across the floor (in the same direction as the niche).

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Merola-Tile-Expressions-Scallop-White-11-1-4-in-x-12-in-x-7-mm-Glass-Mosaic-Tile-FASESCWT/301060938?MERCH=REC--PLP_Search--303626262;303626257;303626255;--301060938--N

I'm just worried about keeping a white mosaic floor clean....I'm guessing I need to do the darker grout for it..but then it may not match the grout lines of the shower?

Would the tile itself get grungy over time? or just the grout? Don't want to end up with the footprints in the base of the shower....

should i give up on the matching white floor to the theme?

or will it be okay if i switch up the grout?

Comments (15)