SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalbestyears

Do you struggle with online review posting?

Bestyears
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I ordered a ceramic photo ornament from an Etsy shop on Dec. 5th. It was late arriving, but it happens, so okay. When it finally arrived, it was broken into two pieces. It didn't surprise me because it came in a tiny, barely padded envelope, without any sort of protection of the ceramic disc (about 3") itself. I reached out to the Etsy shop, noting that the packaging seemed insufficient, and they pretty quickly replaced the item. And guess what, it was packaged identically to the first time, and this time arrived in three pieces. Ugh. So aggravating. So I just figured well, that's that, and left a negative review, detailing what happened. I did vacillate for a few minutes -should I reach out again, give them another attempt to make it right? But I often feel like there is a sanitizing of reviews in general, which feels frustrating and unfair to the consumer. The shop responded quickly and is sending me yet another replacement and refunding my money. They also politely but firmly made a point of how difficult negative reviews are for them. So now I'm questioning myself. Thoughts?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz