SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

Any experience with package tours to Europe?

A family member wants me to join him for a 2 nation trip to eastern Europe, while he is there for business. I would like to actually add one or two other cities (like Paris, or Rome, or Barcelona) while I am there; however that would be rather more expensive than I am comfortable with.

With some initial browsing on "deal" sites, it seems that there are packages that include flights and 3-8 nights hotel at a much more moderate cost - so I am wondering if I could combine one of those with his itinerary. One that also offered some tour assistance if not outright guided excursions would be nice also. Another advantage seems to be that adding a flight to his cities, from one of the major western Europe cities (with package) is much less expensive overall than flying directly from the USA.

My question is, have any of you ever used one of these discount travel packages? Like from Gate1 Travel, or via Groupon, or TravelZoo? What did you experience? I had a coworker who bought an Iceland trip from Groupon years ago and loved it but I don't know which company it was from (and she isn't around to ask anymore).

Comments (14)