SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_895712576

Suggestions for kitchen appliance placement for new build

Nicole
4 years ago

Hi everyone. This is my first post here. We are in the floor plan design phase of a new build and I have a few weeks to decide the final placement of my appliances.
Background: family of three. I usually cook and my husband cleans up. We don’t entertain a lot but hope to with this new home and we will have house guests often.

This floor plan is set but the placement of appliances and prep sink is not yet set.
Behind the range wall is a good sized pantry. The opening on the bottom right goes to the mudroom and garage, and the opening on the top right goes to the pantry, laundry next to that, and a long hallway to the master suite. To the left is the dining table, out only table, living next to that, and secondary bedrooms and gameroom farther right.

There will be a built in buffet and area for a small coffee bar,not yet designed, holding a wine fridge and ice maker. We will have a fresh water spout in the Prep sink so it’s close to the coffee maker and ice machine for drinks. Next to the fridge and freezer we have tall pantry like cabinets.
Appliances we will for sure have - a 48” range, 30” fridge and freezer columns, full size dishwasher, and microwave. I’d also like to add either another dishwasher by prep sink or a single dishwasher drawer for the prep dishes. I’d also like a warming drawer. Note that I don’t like microwave drawers but also don’t want the microwave to break up the cabinets so I was planning on having it in the tall pantry like cabinet next to the fridge with doors that can push all the way in to be out of the way.
This picture is my ideas and where the architect has stuck things for now until I give him my final placement.
Where should prep sink, trash pullouts (2), warming drawer, and microwave go.

Any constructive help is truly appreciated. Happy to answer any other questions this may help.

Comments (24)