Presidential Dementia Coverup Continues

THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

After a repetitive rant denying that he knew Lev Parnas, Trump tongued his finish at the WH prayer meeting.

Nearly always sitting, he needs the room cleared so people won't see his mobility issues.

Note the screaming to get out -- Clear the press, clear the guests, then Trump exits.

SaveComment98Like
Comments (98)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Save    
socks(10a)

It's an amazing day. Definitely not a good one for him. He's a mess of a man in every way.

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

So, has anyone explained what the tongue thing is that he is doing? Is it the equivalent to a kid sticking out his tongue at a classmate or something different?

Really looks weird.

Kate

4 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

There are a couple possibilities:

1. Trump's slurring/ tongue problems are likely caused by a deficit in the neurotransmitter dopamine which transmits signals from the brain to the muscles to produce movement. The tongue is like a muscle group he can't control caused by dopamine deficit or misuse of drugs like levodopa.

2) Dysarthria is a motor speech disorder resulting from neurological issues like dementia. Its a condition in which problems occur with the muscles that help produce speech, often making it very difficult to pronounce words and can cause slurring and strange tongue movements.

3 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Symptoms of Frontotemporal Dementia: non-fluent aphasia features a progressive difficulty producing the lip
and tongue movements required in order to speak. Speech becomes
effortful, slow, and ungrammatical. Instead of producing normal
complicated sentences, the person with non-fluent aphasia often speaks
in short phrases, missing the connecting prepositions and including
wrong words. Understanding of single words is preserved, but long
sentences are likely to be overwhelming. Eventually, language expression
may be completely lost, resulting in muteness. In the logopenic
variant, people have trouble finding words and speak more hesitantly as
they search for the correct word. They are able to understand the
meaning of words and their speech is not labored. Repetition is
difficult for them and they sometimes substitute meaningless sounds for
words.

https://www.brightfocus.org/alzheimers-disease/article/symptoms-frontotemporal-dementia

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

LOL- just a camera shot waiting to set the libs tongues wagging lol lol

1 Like Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

There are some psychiatric drugs that can cause involuntary tongue movements and distorted facial expressions.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Donnie looks like he needs to go see a good old fashioned movie with a friend.

I guess first he would have to have a friend.

7 Likes Save    
Delilah66

Why does he keep repeating the same words over and over and over to answer so many different questions or to comment or so many different issues?

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

I think he is just furious. After the prayer event he tweeted in all caps.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

That explosive "THANK you" may be a warning sign of a meltdown.

3 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

https://www.c-span.org/video/?468229-1/president-trump-lev-parnas

Video the out take is from. I didn't watch the whole rambling video, just the last few minutes.

FYI: The group was there advocating constitutional rights for prayer in public schools.

The tongue thing isn't quite as noticable but wow, the press was rather aggressively asked to leave. There was something more going on there. Maybe the tongue thing is the first sign of Trump's neurological problems that worsen after that and they needed to clear the room quickly. Not very professional, yikes.

4 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

The tongue movement might be a side effect from medication.

With the stress the Trump is under, he could be taking something to calm him down.

2 Likes Save    
bothell

"With the stress the Trump is under, he could be taking something to calm him down." Clearly it's not working. Stroke or heart attack waiting to happen.

2 Likes Save    
Rina

A very odd moment, but I think one should not read too much into it.

Save    
lily316

I didn't watch it but I saw clips on Colbert and Kimmel tonight where he said about 20 times he never heard of Parnas, didn't know him, never did business with him...over and over and over...

3 Likes Save    
Linda

The more he repeats it, the more I'm sure he's lying!

6 Likes Save    
Rina

I'd be more inclined to regard his manic repetitions as a sign of deteriorated mental capacity than an incident with his tongue, which could have a physical cause -- or at least deteriorated emotional capacity.

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

It’s going to take one heck of an actor to play that stupid in the movie.

6 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Well, never mind all the talk by Hillary-haters about how she was sick during the campaign.

3 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Deflection.
Again.

1 Like Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

A very odd moment, but I think one should not read too much into it.

There are videos of him doing it at other speaking events. It's not just a one off.

Save    
linaria_gw(zone 7 (about))

like some late show hosts punned

if it was someone else you would ask for their car keys or ask the nurse to make sure that they don`t slip out and get lost... : -(

8 Likes Save    
dandyfopp
Save    
paprikash

Hmmmm Two years ago? MSNBC? That’s certainly credible. LOL

eta Selling books to liberals must be profitable

Save    
Kathy

Trump doesn’t care about alliances unless he makes them. He is always raving about what good friends he is with foreign leaders he is trying to cajole into a deal. Who can’t see through his thin skin?

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Ah. Will anything critical of Donnie be credible for you pap?

8 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Attempts by military leaders to teach him” Clearly they did not succeed.

5 Likes Save    
how2girl

He looks very angry - maybe his way of gesturing to a staffer “I’m done, get them out of here”.

Or maybe he’s pi..ed that the antichrist, Stephen Miller clone, wax doll, son in law made the cover of Time.

2 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Two years ago doesn’t make it any better. Just another display of who he is.

5 Likes Save    
paprikash

dandyfopp

Ah. Will anything critical of Donnie be credible for you pap?

————

yes — facts not partisan opinion. Direct evidence not hearsay.

BTW, I certainly don’t approve of all things Trump but I certainly don’t agree with him being the antichrist either. I strongly believe in accepting the results of our elections even when I’m unhappy with the results.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

We just had some yesterday from the GAO. They are not partisan.

9 Likes Save     Thanked by THOR, Son of ODIN
Annie Deighnaugh

If he is really getting dementia and is sundowning, how are they going to get him through the state of the union? Will they reschedule for daytime?

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

dandyfopp

We just had some yesterday from the GAO. They are not partisan.

——-

yes, punish Trump the same as Obama, Bush and Clinton were which was not at all.

Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Presidential Dementia Coverup Continues

Cover up? with what, Saran Wrap?

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

I strongly believe in accepting the results of our elections even when I’m unhappy with the results.

Did you agree with Clinton being impeached or should we have waited for elections?

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Did you agree with Clinton being impeached or should we have waited for elections?"

LOL! You mean wait until Clinton wasn't on the ballot?

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Ignore the deflection.

On to IMPOTUS's gait issues with a recent video.

His left foot slaps the ground. He can’t control his right leg as his right foot drags, stutters & crosses over to his left. This is how people start falling & why he’s been holding Melania’s hand.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1216893786317557760

Save    
dandyfopp

I read a piece that explained how aging effects the narcissist and its particularly ugly.

Aging and stress coupled with his extreme personality defects and the family history of dementia.. a nasty cocktail.

Quite a miserable human being.

6 Likes Save    
Iris GW

LOL! You mean wait until Clinton wasn't on the ballot?

Oh, so the 'wait until voters' only applies when it is a first term president? How very curious that one should be impeached but the other can wait.

1 Like Save    
barncatz

I didn't really notice anything with his gait, which means nothing, but the tongue thing was really abnormal to me.

Was it at a recent rally that his tongue also protruded while speaking or am I misremembering?

Save    
queenmargo

Oh, so the 'wait until voters' only applies when it is a first term president? How very curious that one should be impeached but the other can wait.

Iris- how can you let the people decide to impeach someone if they are not on the ballot?

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

The thought that one person is 'impeached at the election' with no stain on his record while another is impeached so he can't run again (and has the stain) makes no sense. If the first guy is not re-elected, can we say he's IMPEACHED by the people? Huh?

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

I strongly believe in accepting the results of our elections even when I’m unhappy with the results.

Well I don't, we cannot know beforehand if a leader will go off the rails, take bribes, act foolish or downright criminal, so blind acceptance till the end is not something I am willing to do.

7 Likes Save    
queenmargo

The liberals were calling for impeachment of Trump BEFORE he was elected, so don't act like this is some revelation. This was a planned attack!

1 Like Save    
chipotle

A planned attack and Trump fell into the trap? Try again.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL- Trump is walking through the fire.

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

Thor, what the heck is tertiary syphilis? Asking for (not a) friend.

Save    
Delilah66

“The liberals were calling for impeachment of Trump BEFORE he was elected, so don't act like this is some revelation.“

That’s silly. I believe you meant to say, “The liberals were calling for impeachment of Trump BEFORE he was inaugurated.” Which might also not be true. Perhaps you’re referring to the little “I will be leaving all my great businesses” (or some such) statements in December 2016, which didn’t happen and which led to talk of legislation to force the issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/12/democrats-pave-the-way-to-impeach-donald-trump/amp

Please feel free to provide a link to a conspiracy website or fake news site quoting liberals who were calling for trump’s impeachment before November 2016.

3 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

“The liberals were calling for impeachment of Trump BEFORE he was elected, so don't act like this is some revelation.“

Politico reports Impeachment talk was well underway on both sides of the aisle, even before Donald Trump was the nominee! We know from the Strzok/Page texts the preferred plan was to prevent Trump's election in the first place.

“Impeachment” is already on the lips of pundits, newspaper editorials, constitutional scholars, and even a few members of Congress. From the right, Washington attorney Bruce Fein puts the odds at 50/50 that a President Trump commits impeachable offenses as president. Liberal Florida Rep. Alan Grayson says Trump’s insistence on building a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border, if concrete was poured despite Congress’s opposition, could lead down a path toward impeachment. Even the mainstream Republican head of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently tossed out the I-word when discussing the civilian backlash if Trump’s trade war with China led to higher prices on everyday items sold at WalMart and Target. On his radio show last month, Rush Limbaugh even put a very brisk timeline on it: “They’ll be talking impeachment on day two, after the first Trump executive order,” he said.

https://www.politico.eu/article/could-donald-trump-be-impeached-shortly-after-he-takes-office-us-presidential-election-2016-american-president-impeachment/

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Well, from the git-go, he never indicated he would separate from his businesses for the duration.

And then there was the hinting that he wouldn't accept the outcome if he lost.

And there was his suggesting policies that were unconstitutional.

And his abuse of some war heroes.

3 Likes Save    
Delilah66

“commits impeachable offenses” is not “calling for his impeachment.”

“ prevent Trump's election ” is not “calling for his impeachment”.

That is how fake news is created.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Oh, so the 'wait until voters' only applies when it is a first term president?"

Nope. Just responding to your question. "Did you agree with Clinton being impeached or should we have waited for elections?"

Since Clinton was in his second term, your question "Did you agree with Clinton being impeached or should we have waited for elections?" makes no sense. The only possible election to "wait for" would be the next one, which would be at the end of his second term and he wouldn't have been on that ballot.

1 Like Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

Yall need to remember that there was once a time when it was unthinkable amongst the majority of repub and dem voters alike that an unrepentant "another word for feline' grabber would be considered fit for the presidency. There was a real possibility of a brokered convention, before the repub establishment decided to make their deal with the devil (metaphorically speaking). Yes, times have changed but you don't get to rewrite history.

6 Likes Save    
Embothrium(Sunset Climate Zone 5, USDA Hardiness Zone 8)

For the Republican establishment Trump's primary purpose as President was to get the Supreme Court stacked with right wing judges.

Save    
Nana H

Any Republican President could have acomplished that. Only Trump displayed values they share.

3 Likes Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

Yep, it's the courts and then they found that the ongoing chaos and constant disruptive, antagonistic behaviors made for excellent diversionary tactics - while news media is dominated with the latest Cult 45 antics, the Repub establishment can proceed quietly with things like massive tax giveaways to banksters, selling off public lands cheap to the cronies, dismantling environmental and worker protections, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. Its like those movies where the criminals rob a store - one of them creates a diversion while the other one makes off with the loot.

It's working for them - why would they ever give it up in a million years?

6 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Calling for Trump’s impeachment early on is no different then McConnell vowing to make Obama a one-term prez. And lookie what happened—-Trump was impeached and Obama was not a one-term prez.

12 Likes Save    
barncatz

Oh, and remember this November 4, 2016 report from The Washington Post?

Senior Republican lawmakers are openly discussing the prospect of impeaching Hillary Clinton should she win the presidency, a stark indication that partisan warfare over her tenure as secretary of state will not end on Election Day.

5 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Ok adopted, fair point on the original question So I'll ask:

Should whether a president undergoes impeachment proceeding matter based on which term he/she's in (first or second)?

Save    
paprikash

I prefer pro-American Americans. Trump is definitely pro-American. Repeating the Russian nonsense ad nauseam doesn’t make it true.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Should whether a president undergoes impeachment proceeding matter based on which term he/she's in (first or second)?"

No.

Save    
Iris GW

Good morning and thanks, adopted!

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

The same to you, Iris! And remember, It's only 60 days until Spring.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

The fact that Trump had Russian help in getting elected was one reason people talked impeachment. As the implications of that and how it happened were sinking in the question is what do you do about an illegitimately elected president? We seem to have no laws or rules for that. Especially one that is elected with foreign influence. Trump himself was nervous about how that was going to work out. He seemed to have less confidence in the GOP protecting him than I did.

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

I still think Trump has dirt on the Reps provided by the Russian hack that he is using to keep them in line.

2 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

Anyone follow Seth Abramson on Twitter? He's got a great thread with tons of pics showing Parnas with Trump and Trumps family/associates. A lot of them are clearly NOT fundraising photo ops.

5 Likes Save    
Delilah66

“I prefer pro-American Americans”

I prefer pro-America Americans. The can’ts don’t recognize or acknowledge the difference.

Save    
ubro(2a)

I prefer pro-American Americans.

Can you tell the difference? Pro-American Americans are, as we speak, calling for Trump to be held accountable for his corrupt actions.

5 Likes Save    
chipotle

Repeating the Russian nonsense ad nauseam doesn’t make it true.

Newsflash --- it is true. Are you familiar with the Intelligence community?

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

Or the Senate Intelligence Committee?

Bipartisan Senate Intelligence report finds 'extensive' Russian election interference

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/senate-intelligence-report-finds-extensive-russian-election-interference-n1034736

3 Likes Save    
cecily 7A

Trump's behavior is very concerning. Thank you for posting that clip.

2 Likes Save    
HU-699631886

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Anger is often a response when dementia advances

Must be LOTS of dementia within the Democrat party, LOL

2 Likes Save    
dadoes

Outrage is not the same thing as anger.

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Is being 'pro dirtier' American air being 'pro Americans'?

Save    
Del Phinium

"There are a couple possibilities:

1. Trump's slurring/ tongue problems are likely caused by..."

2. "Dysarthria is a motor speech disorder resulting from..."

3. "Symptoms of Frontotemporal Dementia: ..."

4. "There are some psychiatric drugs that can cause involuntary tongue movements and distorted facial expressions."

5. "...warning sign of a meltdown."

6. "...the tongue thing is the first sign of Trump's neurological problems that worsen..."

7. "The tongue movement might be a side effect from medication."

8. "...he could be taking something to calm him down."

9. "Stroke or heart attack waiting to happen."

10. "I'd be more inclined to regard his manic repetitions as a sign of deteriorated mental capacity than an incident with his tongue, which could have a physical cause -- or at least deteriorated emotional capacity."

11. "If he is really getting dementia and is sundowning..."

12. "On to IMPOTUS's gait issues with a recent video."

13. "His left foot slaps the ground. He can’t control his right leg as his right foot drags, stutters & crosses over to his left. This is how people start falling & why he’s been holding Melania’s hand."

14. "Aging and stress coupled with his extreme personality defects and the family history of dementia..."

15. "...at a recent rally that his tongue also protruded while speaking..."

16. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

17. I had NO idea that there were SO MANY "Doctors" here, at H.T.!!! So many "professional" medical diagnoses here, in this one little corner of the internet! Bonus points for "treating" a "patient" that you've never even met!

18. Great work, everyone! Bravo!

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

dadoes

Outrage is not the same thing as anger.

No, your right, it is much worse.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

“What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening,” Trump said.

3 Likes Save    
dadoes

QueenM, exactly .... Trump is absolutely outrageous ... in the worst way.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

QueenM, exactly .... Trump is absolutely outrageous ... in the worst way.

LOL- in my view the best way;))

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

Nope. Just nope. Your right is the worst. My left is the best.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Delphie wrote: I had NO idea that there were SO MANY "Doctors" here, at H.T.!!! So many "professional" medical diagnoses here, in this one little corner of the internet! Bonus points for "treating" a "patient" that you've never even met!

Keep in mind the predominate age group here. Lots of people try to diagnose self of family members via the internet.

Just sayin' it's not surprising they'd feel knowledgeable.

3 Likes Save    
Rina

I don't think anyone claimed their speculations were professional medical diagnoses. It is permitted for a lay person to have some medical knowledge, or have witnessed certain ailments in their own lives, and express an opinion based on that. Unfortunately, that fact invalidates the mockery expressed in the long Del Phinium post.

2 Likes Save    
Rina

The meme is funny, though.

2 Likes Save    
Tilly Teabag

Delilah66

“Thor, what the heck is tertiary syphilis? Asking for (not a) friend.”

It can occur up to 30 years after an untreated Syphilis infection. In other words, one outcome of the sexual revolution. Nb, syphilis is on the rise again.

Save    
Tilly Teabag

Del Phinium

”I had NO idea that there were SO MANY "Doctors" here, at H.T.!!! So many "professional" medical diagnoses here, in this one little corner of the internet! Bonus points for "treating" a "patient" that you've never even met!”

There are some doctors on Houzz, that I know of. They don’t advertise the fact, presumably to stop people asking them for diagnoses all day. There are other health professionals on this site, too. Revealing one’s profession can give away another block of one’s privacy so most don’t.

5 Likes Save    
cecily 7A

Also, many of us are caring for aging parents with dementia. Trump's behavior matches the residents of MIL's assisted living facility.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Or maybe "Dr" Tillerson was right...nothing new for trump...he's always been a "@#%^^# moron".

5 Likes Save    
Del Phinium

cecily 7A

"Trump's behavior matches the residents of MIL's assisted living facility."

Curious... (like the other current thread on this subject) do all of the visitors at your MIL's facility see someone whose makeup may be a little "off", point to that patient and say, "That person obviously has dimentia. I can tell because of their makeup," or is that just a HT "thing"?

1 Like Save    
how2girl

Who said it’s just about his makeup?

Save    
queenmargo

Del Phinium- no worries with their attacking your comments, it is common when they don't like it. They try the shaming route, LOL, I know it well. It keeps me energized;)

Save    
dandyfopp

Not nearly as serious as bone spurs.

VIDEO:https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1219975391126982663

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Trump forgets his speech at Davos and asks why Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh don't have "Pulzur Surprises." (He's trying to say Pulitzer Prizes.)

Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Hannity & Limbaugh should get prizes alright.....Pullitouttatheir@ss prizes.

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I've been under the general impression that Trump was just cynically using FOX/Hannity/Rush for talking points to which his cult would respond favorably.

But after reading Thor's post questioning why Hannity and Limbaugh don't have Pulzur Surprises (Pulitzer Prizes), I believe Trump has truly been drinking too much of the kool-aid. He has really been sucked into their world--a true believer!

Kate

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

He's getting high on his own supply of baloney.

Save    
barncatz

A statement that Trump's tongue was protruding resulting in a ridiculing meme is why HT should be renamed Hot Toxic.

As Adam Schiff said last night, the truth matters; and dealing with people who won't admit a fact when there is a photo showing that fact is not discussion.

ETA: I looked back and saw something I had accurately quoted and cited as coming from a medical journal listed without crediting the journal. This is dishonest and the post should be corrected to include the medical source that made the statement.

3 Likes Save