SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lanikaicoconut

Please help me choose between a cream, wood or green kitchen

lanikaicoconut
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi. I know my question is way out there. But I subscribe to feng shui and my consultant told me I should have my kitchen in earth element (brown, cream) or wood element (wood, green). I know some of you will probably think I should do what I like. But I've used him for many years and trust him as I've noticed shifts after implementing his suggestions.

My dining room is currently a bit more on the glam side. So are the other public rooms in my apartment (combo of art deco/hollywood regency). My dining room is currently white but I will be painting it a gray with a greenish undertone. As my dining room and kitchen are connected which kitchen cabinets do you think will coordinate best? I also wanted to mention sunlight is very limited in the dining room and kitchen. If feng shui wasn't a consideration I would love to do white cabinets with carrara marble -- or at least a quartz that kind of resembles it (especially since my dining room table is in carrara) with brass hardware.

1. Cream kitchen -- would think that would be the easiest to do; but wary about the warmth in the kitchen clashing with the cooler tones of the dining room.

2. Wood Kitchen -- would want a cooler-toned wood but concerned that it may look too rustic compared to the rest of my apartment

3. Green Kitchen -- if I had the space would like to do emerald green or kelly green cabinets. I have an emerald green sofa in the dining room to help tie it in. But it may be too oppressive as I have a relatively small galley kitchen in NYC (big for NYC but small for most of the US). Something like a mint green probably would be more appropriate.

Any thoughts? I've been going back and forth between different options and making myself a bit nuts!

Comments (39)