YOU get a pen! And YOU get a pen! And YOU get a pen!

HU-885118952

Because handing out party favors and mementos in front of the press says, "sad" and "somber" and "prayerful".

Today's Democrat Circus Maximus was even too much for CNN. CNN panelists bashed Nancy Pelosi for handing out impeachment pens. It was “jarring” and called a “celebration” an not in a good way.

Signing ceremonies are for celebrations. For legislation. For landmark legislation.

For a somber impeachment and possible removal of the President? It was a craven display of moral turpitude.

Look-- it's like 6-year olds going home with party favors from Johnny's birthday party.

SaveComment134Like3
Comments (134)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathy

History is being made. Trump will have quite the legacy. Not one he wants but a legacy none the less. Now we will see how many Senators do their job as they were elected to do.

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Just look at those ghouls. :shudder:

5 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

No other threads on the sham impeachment hoax?

How funny is that?

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Hey I want a pen! A solemn and prayerful keepsake.

6 Likes Save    
shaxhome(Frog Rock, Australia 9b)

How can I get one?

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,maifleur,others(8a)

Did they use the pens to scrawl their John Hancocks (edit lol) all over the cover of a sacred text?

No?

Still better than Donnie then...

4 Likes Save    
margaritadina

These are adults. Unbelievable.

2 Likes Save    
Jeanne Munsterman

How many pens did DT hand out at his signing ceremony?

Save    

Did they use those pens to write notes on how to set up DJT’s shadow gov’t in Ukraine?

No?

Still better than Donnie’s known associates...

4 Likes Save    
cattyles

Wow, y’all would have to toughen up to be leftist progs. If trump did this it wouldn’t even register with us. We’d give him an extra cheeseberder and Diet Coke and put a star on his good behavior calendar.

7 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Actually, I think it's good for voters to see how Pelosi and other House Dems House really view the impeachment. People aren't stupid. They're watching, and forming opinions, and then they vote.

6 Likes Save    
Chi

The impeachment is justice served. I think millions and millions of people are celebrating Trump finally being held accountable for his crimes.

And Pelosi has been a political genius in withholding the articles and allowing a lot more information to come out that hurts Trump and completely destroys his already-weak defense about Ukraine.

10 Likes Save    
barncatz

Maybe she does feel exultant that her branch of government functioned as the Founders intended.

Maybe she's a human being, who had the Presidenf of the United States retweet an image of her, the Speaker of the House, in front of an Iranian flag.

There is certainly a double standard, given Trump's unrelentingly childish behavior that is cheered by his supporters.

12 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Party favors to remember a happy occasion. (Taxpayers are paying for those pretty pens with their special presentation cases, right?)

6 Likes Save     Thanked by HU-885118952
Zeus

Do a search for “Donald trump pen holder”. Jajajaja

Save    
barncatz

Probably cost less than the amount Trump charges the Secret Service to rent a golf cart, or the gas to fly Pence back and forth to his room at Trump's Irish hotel.

9 Likes Save    
Kathy

They deserve pens as a token of impeaching the most corrupt POTUS we have ever seen. It’s a piece of history.

11 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Those pens being passed out by Speaker Pelosi have an even greater meaning given the corruption that the Parnas documents revealed today.

9 Likes Save    
Chi

That will be a wonderful keepsake. I bet they would go for a pretty penny on ebay. :)

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Those documents went over to the Senate as evidence. Parnas and his lawyer sent them to the House last night so they would get there in time.

5 Likes Save    
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

It's become increasingly noticeable that huge deals are made about very small matters as it becomes more apparent every day what a bunch of hooligans the Trump government has turned out to be. That's what we should be deriding, every one of us who really cares about this country and what has been done to it. The outrage here is pitifully misplaced.

5 Likes Save    
petalique

I bet a lot of you got fooled today, thinking that what was being carried from the House to the Senate chamber were the articles of impeachment. Nope.

The clerk was holding a hot extra large pizza, loaded with anchovies & mushrooms to exemplify all the fishy goings on and corruption on the part of Trump and his swampers, and Republican senators.

The articles (precious cargo) made its way to the Senate chamber via the back door, secreted away in a pizza box.

1 Like Save    
petalique

Tomorrow is going to be another big day. Do you suppose this might fit Chief Justice Roberts?

No disrespect. It was the best I could locate on short notice.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

The delusional, criminally insane crats just documented their insanity by delivering their delusional fantasies to the senate of the USA as truths. They are all mentally unfit for office and need medical help.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Does anyone remember when Sessions gave away a pen? The left had a fit. Who paid for those pens? Did Pelosi just give the crats a gift from the tax payers? That would be a crime.

Save    
lurker111

Pelosi isn't the president, and it looks like she had them engraved. Obama would use one pen for each letter so he could have a lot gifts to give out. Time to put an end to it.

Save    
lurker111

I didn't know that tv actors had so much power. Do tell. :^)

Save    
Nana H

I personally think the pens should have been given out in private however, this is something I've seem done beefier when historical documents are signed. This is nothing new. I even recall Trump joking about someone seated in front of him ( not part of the gang behind him) wanting one and he said he would get him one.

While not her best moment in my view it is nothing compared to the carp Trump has pulled.

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

While not her best moment in my view is nothing compared to the carp Trump has pulled.

Pretty empty statement with nothing to back it up.

Save    
paprikash

The dems looked so silly yesterday. I heard someone say this morning that the reason Pelosi held up sending the Articles was because she was waiting for her personalized pen order to arrive.

She keeps crowing that the President is impeached for life. Well, she is now pegged as a total idiot and the worst Speaker ever for life.

eta. The pictures of the democrat idiots posing with their precious pens was endearing

2 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

It is only an outrage because the Democrats did it. Never mind both political parties have done this over the years when something of major importance has been signed. Pretty weak sauce.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Pelosi had to order new pens because she misspelled united on the first batch.

1 Like Save    
soupgirl53

Does anyone believe that Pelosi doesn't know how to spell the word "united" and one of her jobs is to order pens? Sorry, not buying this.

Save    
queenmargo

I see the silver lining......who will be the first to market some pens about this when Trump is re-elected.

Let the marketing begin..................

4 Likes Save    
paprikash

This Partisan Political impeachment will most probably benefit the Republicans and, quite rightly, bite Pelosi in the butt. This serious solemn ceremony of hers showed its true colors with the cheerful cackling signing bull.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Yup, let it play out. The libs will just gloat in the glory of at least branding him impeached. That will be their big take away. It is what it is...Trump will carry on. He will find a way to milk this for all it is worth;))

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

The dems are over their heads in muck

3 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

Trump is all about marketing and as such, if he could make a buck out of such pens, he'd do it whether re-elected or not. The real Trump fans will buy the pens either way.

Save    
queenmargo

If I were Trump, I would hand out pens at my next rally (of course paid for by me, I am rich) Or maybe find a "loophole" ') in campaign fund advertising, and make the most of it. Regardless, he has some new material for his rallies so the left can set their hair on fire lol lol

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

OH, LOL, and maybe some pencils in a nod to Schiff lol

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Wait there's more, act now and get the 2020 commemorative Pen and Pencil set...

all proceeds will benefit making dishwashers great again;)

1 Like Save    
lurker111

I think it's a crime for pelosi to spend tax payer dollars on souvenirs for her fellow politicians. She must see nothing wrong with stealing from the tax payers, obviously.

Save    
Chi

"Regardless, he has some new material for his rallies so the left can set their hair on fire lol lol"

Why do you think the left would care if Trump gives out pens at his rallies? I couldn't care less, personally.

Save    
queenmargo

Why do you think the left would care if Trump gives out pens at his rallies?

I KNOW the left would care lol loll loll lol....

1 Like Save    
lurker111

The left would be screaming "impeach him" and cite the Emoluments Clause. They would be calling for charges to be made against any politician that received a pen.

2 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Pelosi isn't the president.

Just give a a couple of more months.

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

It's okay to dream.

2 Likes Save    
Chi

I'd be relieved if Trump handing out pens was the worst thing he did. Instead he's a corrupt traitor and criminal, and the evidence against him builds by the day. Thank God for Pelosi and her political genius allowing time for this evidence to come to light and destroy his already-weak defense.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Reality is going to do a number on the crats.

Save    
Stan Areted

Chi:

I'd be relieved if Trump handing out pens was the worst thing he did. Instead he's a corrupt traitor and criminal, and the evidence against him builds by the day.

Those are pretty serious accusations against our sitting President of the United States.

If trump were a traitor OR a criminal, he would be charged already, it's been three years with people even attempting coups to get rid of him he is so hated for daring to beat Hillary Clinton and the democrats.

So, where is the proof?

What crimes exactly--statue and citation, and the circumstances of being a traitor, has he committed? Who is prosecuting him?

If these questions cannot be legitimately answered right here and now, those words and accusations are nothing more than slanderous hot air.

Which is all I've heard from the left, and all they have to offer.

And pens.

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

Instead he's a corrupt traitor and criminal, and the evidence against him builds by the day.

It's okay to dream. Let me know when he submits lies to congress.

Save    
Chi

Better than wearing blinders and refusing to see the truth.

4 Likes Save    
Chi

"Let me know when he submits lies to congress"

Please, he's way too cowardly to ever take the stand.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Please, he's way too cowardly to ever take the stand.

But, pelosi doesn't have a problem with it. Their names should be banned from public record and never spoken again. Traitors.

Save    
Kathy

Trump already submitted lies to Mueller. A better question might be to figure out if or when he ever tells the truth. Snake oil for sale is Trump’s MO.

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Memento's of a very sad day. It has only taken three and a half years for the dems to get to this place. Their hatred of a president and those who support him have brought them to this place in history. They have used the very solemn articles of impeachment as a political sword to assuage their hatred. Even as they know the final outcome of a completely partisan sham, they have forever changed the way the founders called for impeachment to be used. Even the republicans who impeached Bill Clinton for real felony crimes and did it in a fair and bipartisan way, paid a heavy price at the polls. So far there has been no fairness to this process up to this point. We will see what the American people think about it in November.

6 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Pens? nyuk, got no problem with handing out pens. Nancy should have gone even further and proudly hold up the impeachment articles for all the world to see, like this...

Oh, and by the way, surprisingly I have somehow been enabled to retain my ~20 year old name here. Thanks Houzz, I won't be quoting Rex T anymore, besides, I think everyone knows by now that he spoke the truth.

5 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Welcome back vgkg, I am glad we can identify you. NO snark!

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

Lots to say about pens. Little to say about the Parnas information or concealing the security costs or the silence about the Saudi terrorists....but oh those pens.

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

Lots to say about pens. Little to say about the Parnas information or
concealing the security costs or the silence about the Saudi
terrorists....but oh those pens.

I don't do conspiracy theories.

Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

^^^OMG LOL (saved for the most special of occasions ;-)

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL

1 Like Save    
5 Likes Save    
Ann

Margo, I really liked the Schiff/pencil comment. Good thing I don't drink coffee because I would have spit it out when I reached that one.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Ann, I am having quite a few spit out the coffee moments with many comments from others this morning too. Good thing I have a thermal coffee mug to keep my coffee hot. ;)

1 Like Save    
Ann

"Lots to say about pens. Little to say about the Parnas information or concealing the security costs or the silence about the Saudi terrorists....but oh those pens."

"Crickets about Parnas."

Well, this thread is about pens but, Kathy, you've got an active thread about Parnas. I just looked and there are over 80 comments, including some from both of you:)

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5852546/parnas-interview#n=86

3 Likes Save     Thanked by HU-885118952

One would never know that anything regarding Parnas/Trump/Pence/Barr happened yesterday from the response of conservatives.

5 Likes Save    
chipotle

If trump were a traitor OR a criminal, he would be charged already, it's been three years with people even attempting coups to get rid of him he is so hated for daring to beat Hillary Clinton and the democrats.

@baddestmamajama

I just...don’t know who you call to arrest people when the president, the Vice President, the head of the justice department, the republican head of the house investigatory committee and the presidents entire legal team is implicated in a massive conspiracy to destroy a rival.

10 Likes Save    
queenmargo

One would never know that anything regarding Parnas/Trump/Pence/Barr happened yesterday from the response of conservative.

Shows the dial on the meter will not move. Period! ;)

Save    

Shows the dial on the meter will not move.

Of course it's not moving -- Trump didn't murder Ambassador Yovanovitch.

What's the fuss?

2 Likes Save    
millworkman

"Now we will see how many Senators do their job as they were elected to do."

Sure, fair and impartial just like the House Democrats...........................

8 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Would Trumpian conservatives care if Trump did have Yovanovich murdered? That's a question.

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

patriciae, the Obama faithful don't seem to mind that he had Americans killed, so, your point?

Save    
HU-885118952

Pelosi picked Dems who were calling for Trump's impeachment BEFORE the Ukraine call came to light vis a vis Schiff's fake whistleblower. Further, there are Democrats who will sit in judgement, who are running for President in 2020 who would benefit from taking Trump out of the race.

How is that kosher?

3 Likes Save    

HU-885118952

10 minutes ago

patriciae, the Obama faithful don't seem to mind that he had Americans killed, so, your point?

———

Do you have any sources or evidence you can cite? I haven’t gotten this impression at all.

2 Likes Save    

“Further, there are Democrats who will sit in judgement, who are running for President in 2020 who would benefit from taking Trump out of the race.”

How in the world would they *benefit* if Trump is taken out of the race?

Trump is incredibly divisive. Republicans and Independents who don’t like him are likely to vote for a moderate Democrat or Independent.

If Trump is not the candidate, I would think the Democrat (or independent) candidate will conceivably have a much tougher time convincing moderates on the other side of the political spectrum to give them a chance.

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

“ The crats have all acted in bad faith. They are all rouge politicians ”

We are not rouge politicians. We are bleu politicians.

I apologize in advance but it was too obvious to ignore. Carry on.

7 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

It's almost comical. Relax, no matter what, Trump will not be impeached. He will win re-election in November. And the American people will be saying what impeachment, when.

Today, congress has a job approval of 16 and Trump of 51. hmm

2 Likes Save     Thanked by HU-885118952

Hate to break it to you, he is impeached.

8 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Delilah66

[Lurker:] “ The crats have all acted in bad faith. They are all rouge politicians ”

We are not rouge politicians. We are bleu politicians.

I apologize in advance but it was too obvious to ignore. Carry on.

-------------------------

Delilah, I was about to inquire of Lurker what in the world is a "rouge" politician when you posted your "bleu" response.

LOVE IT! LOL!

Kate

Save    
lurker111

lol

Save    
Ann

"How in the world would they *benefit* if Trump is taken out of the race?

Trump is incredibly divisive. Republicans and Independents who don’t like him are likely to vote for a moderate Democrat or Independent."

Oh my, the games we play.

I would agree those who don't like him might vote for the Dem (there is no Independent I'm aware of who is running). BUT, the millions and millions who really like what Trump has done for our country will vote for him enthusiastically. I'd say there is great significance for Dems in the concept of Trump being taken out of the race. They live and breath every second trying to get Trump taken out of the race - and I assure you, that's because they definitely think he could win again and they really, really don't want that to happen. They'd be stupid to not think that - and they certainly aren't so stupid to think Trump doesn't have a chance. If they thought that, they'd just confidently cruise into November without all the BS they are putting the country through.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump is impeached.

1 Like Save    
Ann

"Hate to break it to you, he is impeached."

"Trump is impeached."

FOREVER, as a matter of fact. Nancy's proudest moment with pens and silver trays to celebrate her FOREVER success:) Well done, Madame Speaker.

2 Likes Save    
roxsol

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Believe me, as much as some of you say he is not your President, many of us will never feel Trump was impeached rightfully. You can't take away what we feel and believe;)

1 Like Save    
roxsol

Fact: He is POTUS

Fact: He is impeached.

4 Likes Save    
paprikash

The “impeachment” has an asterisk—it was not bipartisan and was only done by pouting dems unable to accept losing an election they thought was in the bag by the bag.

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

paprikash:

"The “impeachment” has an asterisk—it was not bipartisan and was only done by pouting dems unable to accept losing an election they thought was in the bag by the bag."

FOREVER NOTED, as well, Paprikash. They still can't believe he won!

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

'The “impeachment” has an asterisk—it was not bipartisan and was only done by pouting dems unable to accept losing an election they thought was in the bag by the bag.'

------------------

Doesn't matter.

Still doesn't change the following facts--

Fact: Trump is POTUS

Fact: Trump is impeached.

Kate

4 Likes Save    

it was not bipartisan

And which party has to answer to the public for being hyper-partisan as more and more corruption is revealed -- corruption involving Trump, Pence, Barr, Nunes, Giuliani, and Perry (when the Ukraine gas deal receives more publicity).

2 Likes Save    
elvis

margaritadina

These are adults. Unbelievable.

To be fair, Marg, they're all probably wearing adult disposable underwear, so there's that.

Save    
Chi

The “impeachment” has an asterisk

It sure does. He's the very first president to be impeached in his first term!

2 Likes Save    

Ann do you think the folks who will enthusiastically vote for Trump will not vote for any other republican? The matter of enthusiasm is completely irrelevant among the party faithful; a vote is a vote and republicans tend to turn out much more faithfully than Dems in general.

If anyone is trying to keep him out of the race because they are afraid he can win, it isn’t because they are afraid of him as a Republican opponent. It’s because they are afraid of him as a man.

I still believe that he will be hard to beat, unless the Dems can put out a candidate that people who are in the middle and never trump republicans can “hold their nose” and vote for. Hillary Clinton wasn’t it. If the party makes the same mistake* with the next nomination, I think trump will win again (yes that is a prediction). *nominating the one whose “turn” it is rather than the one who the country can get behind

I don’t follow polls much as you know. I rely more on where I perceive the energy flowing. If a more moderate and “traditional” Republican was nominated I think s/he would win. If Trump is nominated it’s anyone’s guess how the folks outside his die hard base will respond.

Just my thoughts, I’m not putting any money on it for sure, and it’s not a “game” to me by any stretch of the imagination.

also, isn’t Bernie an independent? I genuinely thought he was.

Save    
queenmargo

He's the very first president to be impeached in his first term!

Well, then he will be the very first President to be impeached in his first term, and re-elected to a second term. The very first two term impeached President. Wooo HOOOO.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

The Dems just want to put the Scarlet letter on him. Whoooo HOOOOOO.

Shame is the game. Dems love to shame.

1 Like Save    
Chi

The Dems just want to put the Scarlet letter on him. Whoooo HOOOOOO.

Nah, he did it to himself.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Soon impeachment will mean just about as much as racist does. The left sure have a knack for watering down important issues to nothing with their over use of the very thing they claim to champion.

4 Likes Save    

45 presidents over 244 years and only 3 impeached.

It’s going to take a while for the stigma to disappear.

1 Like Save    
barncatz

What about these guys? And the transcript? And the GAO report today?

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

There is no stigma to an impeachment based on sour grapes and unproven accusations.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

It’s going to take a while for the stigma to disappear.

Never under estimate Trump!

Save    
Ann

"Ann do you think the folks who will enthusiastically vote for Trump will not vote for any other republican? The matter of enthusiasm is completely irrelevant among the party faithful; a vote is a vote and republicans tend to turn out much more faithfully than Dems in general."

I'll answer that easily and in this way. Did Dem voters in 2012 want Biden to be president. I'd answer, no, they didn't even think about that. But they very much wanted Obama to be president for 4 more years. If Obama would have unable to run, would some of them voted for Biden, sure. Were Biden and Obama interchangeable - not even close, IMO.

Save    

Yes, see how well he dealt with his tiny hands being pointed out. He can clearly let perceived insults just roll right off his back. /s

Save    
barncatz

Which accusations are unproven?

2 Likes Save    

I would agree that Obama and Biden were not interchangeable.

But I think if Obama was removed from office for whatever reason, his voting base would transfer more or less intact to his VP. They were seen as being in synch politically and personally.

Do republicans feel the same about Trump and Pence? Is Pence even going to be Trump’s running mate for 2020?

Save    
queenmargo

Yes, see how well he dealt with his tiny hands being pointed out. He can clearly let perceived insults just roll right off his back. /s

Not sure what this is/who directed to, but, no one said Trump would just let this impeachment roll right off his back, lol, not in a New York minute. He will fight back and stand up for this HOAX just like he did with all the witch hunts. Trump will find a way to turn this around. Watch for it! He may still be FACTually impeached, but he will somehow make lemonade;)

Save    
Ann

Just in case anyone is wondering why I'm liking comment after comment saying "Trump is impeached" (and occasionally in bold), it's because I think this impeachment will deliver the 2020 election to President Trump. AND, I think the impeachment will go down in history as one of the weirdest/saddest/most desperate/pathetic things ever done by a political party. I think the Dems will "own" this impeachment for all time (and not in a positive way). IMO, Trump will go down in history as victorious (and super successful) against the biggest (and silliest) obstacles ever attempted. I do think this will all result in HUGE historical writings and Trump will never be remembered as an insignificant president. He'll be as covered in history as he is in office, IMO - in a very big way!

1 Like Save    
Ann

"It’s going to take a while for the stigma to disappear."

It took about 5 minutes for Clinton.

Save    
queenmargo

Funny that you say that Ann, say the word "impeachment" and what is the first thing that comes to mind? I see Pelosi lol lol

1 Like Save    
Ann

"But I think if Obama was removed from office for whatever reason, his voting base would transfer more or less intact to his VP. They were seen as being in synch politically and personally.

Do republicans feel the same about Trump and Pence? Is Pence even going to be Trump’s running mate for 2020?"

I don't think they were the least bit intact personally. Obama was loaded with an it factor that Biden has none of, IMO. Goodness no, I don't think Trump and Pence have a thing in common beyond policy agreement. Personally, they couldn't be more two different individuals (not unlike Obama/Biden). Yes, I strongly think Pence will be Trump's running mate for 2020.

Save    
Ann

Margo, I don't think Trump has ever needed to turn this around. I think the Dems did that from the minute they started it. In terms of history, I expect this will be seen as the biggest political backfire of all time (so far). The Dems may yet outdo themselves again before 2024:)

1 Like Save    
barncatz

Off topic but: I don't think they were the least bit intact personally. Obama was loaded with an it factor that Biden has none of, IMO

44 pictures of the incredible bromance between President Obama and Vice President Biden

https://www.businessinsider.com/obama-biden-photos-2016-12

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

You have to wonder .... where is Obama for Joe now?

1 Like Save    
Ann

"You have to wonder .... where is Obama for Joe now?"

I think he's still thinking, "Joe, you really don't have to do this.". In other words, don't do this Joe, you aren't presidential material:)

Save    

By “in synch personally” I meant that they had a close working relationship and were more or less warm toward each other (as exemplified in barncatz’s link) NOT that they had the same personality.

I believe that Americans who voted for Obama would be comfortable trusting Biden to continue the work of Obama.

I’m not getting the same sense from republicans about Pence. I’ve heard some say “oh we didn’t elect Pence, we elected Trump” (which isn’t strictly true) but I don’t know how that bodes for an unpredictable event (like severe injury or illness) where Pence would have to take over, or for 2024 should Trump remain in office for a second term. I’m just not hearing a strong and confident “we are prepared for the future” coming from Reps.

Save    
queenmargo

I’m just not hearing a strong and confident “we are prepared for the future” coming from Reps.

Well, I would be shocked to hear that you are hearing that from the Dems.

Save    
elvis

Funny that you say that Ann, say the word "impeachment" and what is the first thing that comes to mind?

Peaches. Delicious peaches. Peach pie.

You asked.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Lindsey, we don't elect a VP. It's a completely different scenario. Dems didn't elect Biden and the GOP didn't elect Pence. The men we elected chose them at some point and the voters thought, fine. The VP serves a purpose and is called upon to take over in those unpredictable events, but we don't elect them. Then, if they do serve due to unpredictable events, that in no way guarantees they will be reelected. Sure, we'd be comfortable with Pence carrying on, but that's a whole lot different than feeling like Pence is the candidate we want to run. He'd have to win a nomination to be that person.

1 Like Save    

I’m just not hearing a strong and confident “we are prepared for the future” coming from Reps.

Well, I would be shocked to hear that you are hearing that from the Dems.

———

Actually the overwhelming sense I get from my conversations with Democrat voters is that they are really happy with the leadership, that they see strong contenders coming up for the next couple of cycles, and that any of the candidates for the presidential nomination are acceptable to them.

I hope left leaning posters here will correct me if I’m wrong.

Save    
Ann

"Actually the overwhelming sense I get from my conversations with Democrat voters is that they are really happy with the leadership, that they see strong contenders coming up for the next couple of cycles, and that any of the candidates for the presidential nomination are acceptable to them.

I hope left leaning posters here will correct me if I’m wrong."

Wow, really? I'm not sure one of the 20+ candidates the Dems had this time is being seen by too many as a strong contender. But, I guess we'll learn that answer in November, won't we?

ETA: I should clarify, if there was a strong contender, we'll know - if they win. I know some Dems on HT have felt they had an embarrassment of riches. But, others are feeling like Trump has an excellent chance of winning.

Save    
bothell

At least Nancy Pelosi wasn't throwing rolls of paper towels. Hmmm, who do we know that thought that was appropriate after a natural disaster. ? ??

1 Like Save    
Nana H

"I think he's still thinking, "Joe, you really don't have to do this.".
In other words, don't do this Joe, you aren't presidential material:)"

I don't think for a moment that is what he meant.

Both Obama's have said they would stay out of the primary race but will be active campaigners once a candidate is selected. That is exactly the right thing to do and typical of Obama.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Is it? Didn't Obama weigh in on Trudeau?

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Obama will back the Democrat the voting public nominates. He will allow Biden to wage his own campaign. That is the wise thing to do and they both seem to understand that is the plan.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

The endorsement came DURING the national campaign which is what Obama says he will do .....throw his support behind the Democratic candidate when the national campaign is underway not durining the primary.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"It’s going to take a while for the stigma to disappear"

Dems can only hope.

That's why they targeted Donald Trump for impeachment in his FIRST term, even before he was elected.

The best they can do now is toss out "pathologies" in the hope voters will be more repulsed by their imaginary "diagnoses" of Trump, than the attempted coup in which members of our IC, the MSM, and globalist loving electeds schemed to pick our president for us. And got caught.

3 Likes Save    

To be clear, I mean the stigma that impeachment in general brings in general.

Yes, I happen to believe that Donald is too fragile to withstand that label, not because he understands what it means historically but because everyone will ask him about it all the time from now on. Short fingers sent him over the edge and is still a trigger. Who can forget his vitriol at Rosie O'Donnell, a person he should have been able to shrug off with less than a thought. He is not resilient, he is incredibly fragile emotionally. He won’t even make a good show of pretending it isn’t eating him up.

And yes, I believe that the stigma is still connected to both Clintons. It is certainly still connected to Nixon.

Does anyone really want a system of government wherein it is *not* shameful to be impeached?

And if anyone does really believe that it isn’t shameful, I haven’t seen any evidence of that. I’ve seen a sense of relief from people who worked for it, and a boisterous denial from people who are scared of it, and the hyperbolic threat to use it as retaliation on the next president from the “other side” but I have seen absolutely no one say “meh, it is what it is, these things happen, it is just part of doing politics.” Because there is still a stigma.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

It means nothing about Trump. The crats acted in bad faith with ill intent and tried to impeach the President of the USA. Unfortunately for the crats, they acted outside of the Constitution so it's meaningless. They only have the power that the Constitution grants them. They are not above the law.

Save    
Ann

Margo, I was thinking the same thing. Obama weighed in on Macron too. Many thought both situations were odd and inappropriate. LOL, Obama is not shy about sticking his nose in the business of an election! Also, remember him weighing in on Brexit.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Lurker, I agree.

Lindsey, oh I think there is shame to be felt in this impeachment, but from those who launched this scheme. Exactly as Lurker said - they acted in bad faith and with ill intent.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg (Va Z-7)

Exactly as Lurker said - they acted in bad faith and with ill intent.

They waited and waited and acted too late in the game, they should have gone with the porn star pay off scandal, much more sex appeal of which the repub senators would eagerly prosecute with witnesses.

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

I know the Dems purpose is to stain Trump so he so he doesn't win re-election, with their myriad accusations for 3 years, but I think they only appeal to the left who already have the same views. I hope it only encourages the Republicans to get to the voting booths. Both parties have two very different beliefs regarding the role of government and that doesn't change with accusations, or even with the Dems idea of nirvana - impeachment.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

3 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decluttering Get It Done: Whip That Junk Drawer Into Shape
If the jumbled mess in your catch-all drawer inspires only dread, this quick organizing project is just the sort you need
Full Story
For Pros Design Practice: Getting Paid
Pro to pro: Learn how to manage contracts and set up the right fee structure for your work
Full Story
Outbuildings We Can Dream: Nurturing Escapes for Penning a Poem
16 picturesque hideaways built to inspire contemplation and a favorite slow art form
Full Story
Our lineup of flooring and carpet gives you options for every look and every budget. We have the experience and... Read More