CNN's Van Jones '.nothing I saw tonight would be able to take DT out.'

catkinZ8a

Gotta love it.

CNN’s Van Jones Says ‘Nothing’ He Saw During Dem Debate ‘Would Be Able to Take Donald Trump Out’

Madison Summersabout 5 hours ago

CNN commentator Van Jones is casting doubt on the current 2020 Democratic field, as he does not think there was a candidate strong enough on the stage during Tuesday night’s debate to defeat President Donald Trump.

Following the seventh Democratic debate in Iowa, Jones noted the tensions between Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), “As a progressive, to see those two have that level of vitriol was very dispiriting.”

“I want to say that tonight for me was dispiriting,” Jones continued, adding, “Democrats got to do better than what we saw tonight.”
“There was nothing I saw tonight that would be able to take Donald Trump out, and I want to see a Democrat in the White House as soon as possible.”

Additionally, he noted in a tweet, along with the video, that the Democratic contenders need “to start showing up a lot stronger” in order to win the White House.

“There’s something this party’s gotta figure out,” Jones said. “This felt like drudgery tonight. It shouldn’t feel this way close to one of the most important elections in the country.”

Asked by CNN’s Anderson Cooper if there was anyone on Tuesday’s debate stage that he could see that “that’s the person” to be the Democratic nominee, Jones responded, “I don’t see it.”

See Jones’ comments below:
.@ewarren had breakout moments tonight, but did anyone on that stage really seem ready to take on Trump in a debate? If we want a Democrat to win the White House (which I certainly do) we need our candidates to start showing up a lot stronger. #DemDebate @CNN pic.twitter.com/TO88Bn0ipv
— Van Jones (@VanJones68) January 15, 2020
.@VanJones68 came away from the debate worried about the state of the Democratic party.

"It just felt like a big bowl of cold oatmeal and I missed, I gotta say this, I missed Andrew Yang tonight."#AmericaNeedsYang pic.twitter.com/dCWdojHeST
— The Zach and Matt Show (@ZachandMattShow) January 15, 2020

“I had high expectations for the candidates during tonight’s [Democratic Debate], but there was a spark missing on stage,” Jones tweeted after the debate, adding, “It felt like cold oatmeal to me. Do you agree?”

There were six Democratic contenders on the debate stage, who took on several different issues, as IJR reported. Warren came out as one of the “winners” of the night by several outlets, including CNN, Business Insider, and USA Today.

https://ijr.com/van-jones-nothing-debate-take-trump-out/

https://twitter.com/VanJones68/status/1217315854452510720/video/1

SaveComment40Like
Comments (40)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catkinZ8a

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Remember in 2009 when the GOP consensus was that Van Jones was a dangerous commie.

If a Marxist isn't excited by the current Democratic primary candidates, isn't that a good thing?

https://www.politico.com/story/2009/09/van-jones-resigns-amid-controversy-026797

While the Jones controversy appears to have gotten its momentum from conservative talk show host Glenn Beck, it spread rapidly into more mainstream channels.

Sen. Kit Bond (R-Mo.), a top member of the subcommittee that oversees green jobs, had called for a congressional hearing on Jones.

Bond released a letter he wrote to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), the chairman of the Green Jobs and New Economy Subcommittee, saying Jones "is becoming increasingly erratic and unstable as reflected by incendiary comments and repugnant associations made public in recent days."

Bond said that Jones's membership in Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement shows his "Marxist" and "Leninist" roots. The group disbanded in 2002, and in a 2004 document entitled " Reclaiming Revolution," the group's former leaders described it as a "revolutionary cadre" and part of a "broader movement that would finally end the murderous reign of U.S. imperialism."

Save    
HU-885118952

Good for Jones. He ain't gonna polish turds.

2 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,maifleur,others(8a)

That’s OK. No need for anyone to tip their hand so soon. There’s a long election season coming up for the person who will ultimately be the nominee, and there’s no sense in ripping each other up when everyone knows who the real opponent is.

Save    
HU-885118952

miss lindsey, we are quickly closing in on IOWA.

I O W A!!!

And just an interesting point, at this point in 2016, the Republican field had more diversity...

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

I can see thinking ya got time...in 2019. But it's Jan. 15, 2020. The quickening is upon us!

Save    
foodonastump

Meh, I could have predicted that even before the first debate. Maybe I even did. I don’t expect any of them to be the steam roller to steam roll the steam roller. Either Civility, Morality and Integrity will show up at the polls or it won’t. My money’s on a disappointment. We’ll see. Sometimes I’m wrong.

1 Like Save    

No way, there’s enough time. Better a slow burn than a burn out.

Or maybe I’m just too laid back.

Save    
foodonastump

I’ll pull a Hay and quote predictit.org which currently is betting at only 52¢ for an R win. I’d put odds a bunch higher, and it’s almost got me thinking about getting in on the action.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Well of course none of them will ever be able to compete with Trump for pure entertainment value-that is if you like watching a culture burn. Some nice dull commonsensical governing is tame by comparison but hopefully people are ready for substance over candy.

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

Pocahontas promised to write off one+ trillion in college loans debt..with an executive order...next excitement after liberals lost interest in medicare for all I guess....

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Margarita, you have missed the fact that using the name Pocahontas as a pejorative is offensive.

4 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

If Bernie's robbed again, his Commie campaign peeps say they'll burn Milwaukee down.

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

If Warren were Native American, it would offend me to hear her called Pocahontas. Since Warren lied about her ethnicity in order to advance and burnish her career, the word mocks her and not Native Americans.

6 Likes Save    

It disparages Pocahontas too. She is a cultural symbol and hero for a group of people whom the United States government attempted to eradicate.

It speaks volumes that certain people attempt use her name as a slur, when in reality anyone of any race should be proud to be likened to her.

6 Likes Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

I see your point, Lindsey. Will mull. The greater disrespect to NA is lying that you are one in order to obtain a benefit intended for them.

1 Like Save    

Honestly Zalco, I don’t think that’s what she did. I think she really believed what she had been taught about her ancestry.

But we will never know.

oh PS thanks for acknowledging my point :)

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Not to mention "I got fired by men because I was pregnant" lie.

Oh-then she lied about sending her child to private school.

The bold faced lie of her cultural appropriation was a doozy.

1 Like Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Lindsey, I have two good friends who are NA. They have a very formal structure for knowing who is in and who is out.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

That college debt thing infuriates me. I haven’t looked what the formula is, but on her site’s homepage you can run some calculations. An example I just did, $25,000 outstanding for someone making $200K and she wants to forgive $16,667. You kidding me?

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"Additionally, he noted in a tweet, along with the video, that the Democratic contenders need “to start showing up a lot stronger” in order to win the White House.

“There’s something this party’s gotta figure out,” Jones said. “This felt like drudgery tonight. It shouldn’t feel this way close to one of the most important elections in the country.”

“I had high expectations for the candidates during tonight’s [Democratic Debate], but there was a spark missing on stage,” Jones tweeted after the debate, adding, “It felt like cold oatmeal to me. Do you agree?”

This is exactly how I felt. I was really looking forward to the debate, thinking they would "show up" last night. Boy, did they not show up! It was painfully boring and not a "spark" during the entire debate.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

It’s probably obvious (maybe already said?) but I’d look at these as two different issues. Energy on the stage for the primaries versus standing up to Trump. It’s a problem for the former to be lacking at this point.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Elizabeth Warren has Native American ancestry. Fact. She never claimed to belong to any tribe. Fact. The people who hired her have stated that her ancestry of any kind had nothing to do with her being hired. She has had an exceptional academic career because Universities fought to get to hire her. This is the same sort of baseless smear that conservatives used on Obama. But not Bernie Sanders and that says everything about who they are afraid of and it isn't Bernie Sanders.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Why not just ignore Warren’s lies and embellishments rather than make excuses for them. That seems to be working just fine for Trump/sters.

2 Likes Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Patriciae, how is this NA situation anything like people claiming Obama was not born in the US?

Save    
catkinZ8a

Why can't we see Zero's college transcripts?

But muh Trumps' taxes.

Save    
foodonastump

Can’t believe you even put that in the same thought. Actually I can.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

What is Zero hiding?

Who/what countries paid for all his education?

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Who paid for my education is not listed on my college transcripts.

1 Like Save    
how2girl

2 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

There is no NA situation. You are scratching for something to attack her on. She has native American ancestry just as she claimed and the person who did the test and interpretation, a world renown expert in the field, called it significant. Even if she had been mistaken (as my family was) it is still just that-an unimportant family myth that she believed. Because she did not get any benefit from this claim, find some if you can, it cant matter to any right minded person that it isn't a larger percentage. I interpret this story that she lied as an admission that conservatives are afraid of her just as I interpret the Biden lies as a sign that he is a formidable opponent. And none of this justifies the use of a recognized name of a native American person as a pejorative.

3 Likes Save    
Delilah66

“ Trumps' taxes”

Yes! two donnies, dumbo, e-stinky, Tiffany and the baron.

Save    
lily316

Interesting now the right now loves Van Jones a super super leftie.

Save    
queenmargo

When a super super leftie thinks Trump will win, of course we love that;)

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Van has his moments.

Like when he worked on The First Step Act with the White House.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

LOL- he just said Trump did a "Christmas miracle" lol, I never heard this before.

I just said Trump winning the election was a "Christmas miracle" on another thread, LOL LOL

Save    
margaritadina

''

patriciae_gw(07)

Margarita, you have missed the fact that using the name Pocahontas as a pejorative is offensive.

''

Thank you for noticing it, patricia, I intended to insult her. You can count on intentional insult. Women who lie to get a job as a woman of color should be insulted. I am just as Persian % as she is Pocahontas, I was and still am stunt by her impudence.

''

patriciae_gw(07) There
is no NA situation. You are scratching for something to attack her on.
She has native American ancestry just as she claimed and the person
who did the test and interpretation, a world renown expert in the field,
called it significant. Even if she had been mistaken (as my family
was) it is still just that-an unimportant family myth that she believed.

''

patricia, unless one comes from the family of the generations of chronic whores, it is known who was/is what ethnicity in the family. As a intelligent woman she knew that such a remote Native American relative couldn't be used to claim been Pocahontas descendant. Each Native American tribe has very strict definitions on the DNA % that defines their ethnicity. But she went ahead with it and got a job as a woman of color, as a FIRST woman of color. It's the same as if I would claim a free Persian rug from the Iranian gov because I have a tiny % of a Persian DNA. She is a liar. She replayed it as ''a family legend'' when she was called out by Trump.

Her absolute plus is the fact that she is smooth and slippery and comes out of the situation with the sweet smile on her face and child like innocent look in her eyes.

1 Like Save    

“I intend to insult her. You can count on intentional offense.”

Yes, but you are using the name of a remarkable and honourable woman in your intention to insult Elizabeth Warren.

The insult is not to Elizabeth. The insult is to Pocahontas, a real life person who accomplished magnificent things.

I for one am not insulted on Elizabeth’s behalf, she is a politician who unfortunately must deal with such childishness.

I am however flabbergasted that any decent person would use Pocahontas’s name as an insult. Like I said before, it speaks volumes about the person doing it and their attitude toward minority women. The fact that you think it is insulting to be called Pocahontas is frankly surprising.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

What matters is how the person that said it meant it.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular Everything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
Decorating Guides Holding Out for Quality
Cheap furniture has its place, but more shoppers are waiting to invest for the long haul
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Loudoun Interiors is not always about starting with a blank slate or purchasing everything new....it's also about... Read More