Meir & Koch Changing the Batteries Right Now

elvis

Who, you say? Meir & Koch. You know, those astronauts at the ISS who are outside as I write, changing some pretty important batteries up there in the International Space Station. Yes, there is life besides harping on politics. Live at the link. https://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-2

SaveComment13Like
Comments (13)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Cool. Thank you.

Save     Thanked by elvis
elvis

I know, right? IMO that's a Hot Topic.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Why is this hot?

Save    
elvis

Are you saying it's not?

ETA: If you have an opinion on today's current events or other hot topics, feel free to discuss it here.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I do not see anything hot about it. Not even particularly interesting since it is basic maintenance work though to the participants I am sure it was. It was reported on which is nice for them and assuming all goes well...not controversial that I can see but I am ready to told what I missed which is why I asked.

Save    
Delilah66

[snort]

Save    
blfenton

Aren't lithium ion batteries the ones that catch fire in cell phones?

Anyway, I think it's cool that a couple of people are up in space doing a space walk to do something as mundane as changing batteries. Every home needs maintenance done on it, even the ones 400 km away from earth.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by elvis
roxsol

I think it’s pretty cool, too.

I like looking at the ISS schedule that tells you when it will be going over wherever you live and how long it will be visible in the sky. Husband and I often watch for it when we are in the hot tub.

A couple of years ago, it was meeting up with a supply ship and each time it passed over our place the two were closer until they connected. It took a few passes until they hooked up.

Very cool.

1 Like Save     Thanked by elvis
roxsol

This is the schedule for where I live. There’s not many sightings this week or next and the sightings are for a very short time. Some weeks we get sightings for three times a night, for up to 6 minutes or so, for several nights in a row.

Delilah66

I'm glad someone is keeping their eyes on extraterrestrials.

Save     Thanked by elvis
roxsol

elvis

Amen to that^^^.

1 Like Save    
Rina

I'd say it's a cool topic.

It does one no harm to regain a sense of awe about awesome things. Bless them up there for their courage, and the hard work and well-directed ambition that got them there.

1 Like Save     Thanked by elvis
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Storage Simple Ways to Get Your Closet Organized Right Now
Streamline your clothing storage with strategies you can implement in a weekend
Full Story
Home Tech Better, Smarter Smoke Detectors Push All the Right Buttons
No more bashing in that smoke detector with a broomstick at 3 a.m. — if you haven't already yanked it out. Welcome the new, civilized breed
Full Story
Features Can Tidying Up Result in Life-Changing Magic?
Organizing phenom Marie Kondo promises big results — if you embrace enormous changes and tough choices
Full Story