flynn withdraws guilty plea

Annie Deighnaugh

And in other news...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/14/us/politics/michael-flynn-withdraws-guilty-plea.html

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s former national security adviser Michael T. Flynn moved late on Tuesday to withdraw his guilty plea on charges of lying to investigators in the Russia inquiry, accusing prosecutors of “bad faith” and vindictiveness after they asked a judge to sentence him to prison for backing out of a deal to cooperate with them.

The last-ditch request means that more than two years after first pleading guilty and after spending dozens of hours answering the questions of investigators for the special counsel, Mr. Flynn would take his chances at trial if a judge agrees to grant his motion. That would set up a collision course with prosecutors who could decide to bring additional charges against him.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can explain to me how this works. After he's already admitted to committing these crimes and turned over what he knows, he's going to go to trial where he's going to deny committing these crimes and then a judge or jury is going to decide if he was lying then or lying now? How is that a good strategy? And how does that improve his chances at trial? The only thing I can figure is he knows he'll be found guilty and is looking to trump for a pardon...

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
queenmargo

He is where he is based on a lie. Good for him, I say his whole case should be thrown out.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

What lie would that be margo?

Save    
leona_2008

I would guess some back channel activity going on and a pardon is in the works.

Save    
paprikash

^i certainly hope so

2 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

Or, Trump won't pardon him and he has something to say.

Save    
chipotle

The only thing I can figure is he knows he'll be found guilty and is looking to trump for a pardon...

BINGO!

Save    
lurker111

The crats violated their own plea bargain. He's innocent and shouldn't have blinked. Everything the crats have done is an attack on our country. The judge will probably dismiss the case.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Speaking of pardons, I wish Blago would get one too. I never understood that one.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Dirty Dems' business as usual.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Dirty Dems' business as usual.

What evidence do you have catkin that the federal prosecutors in the flynn case are democrats?

1 Like Save    
MW Construction performs all types of construction from design-build to general contracting to construction... Read More