SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

What's your current challenge? A dish to stretch your skills?

plllog
4 years ago

People are still saying how good the chicken and biscuits were/are (it was a big dish and there's still some left). It's a way to clean the fridge and everybody likes chicken and biscuits, but no, there's no recipe. There's bought stuff, and found stuff, and leftovers, and stock and drippings, and just a few drops of cream. I keep saying, "This is basic American cooking." But that particular one will never be seen again.

I'm thinking it must be like egg rolls. If you come from an egg roll place, there are a bazillion ways to make them, and people I know put the same kinds of things in them as I did in the chicken and biscuits.

I still have my baking challenge to do. I set out to learn to make puff pastry, but by the time I'd found a good butter to use, it was into the holidays and no big blocks of time to devote to folding dough.

Now, however, before I get into the baking, I need a cooking challenge. Something new that's doable for take-with Sunday dinner. I keep trying to think of something but my mind drifts to meatloaf. A challenge at least needs a recipe, which meatloaf does not!

What cooking challenges have you set for yourselves?

Comments (63)