The President and First Lady at the LSU/Clemson game tonight

Ann

That was cool. They got such a nice, loud, and welcoming reception. Tons of cheering, chants of "USA", and chants of "four more years". It was awesome. The two of them had to just love that welcome!

SaveComment30Like4
Comments (30)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ann

3 Likes Save    
Ann

4 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Yup. Sports Illustrated has a Twitter video of the great response from the crowd, on their website, here:

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/14/president-trump-cheered-national-anthem-cfp-championship

President Trump was met with cheers alongside First Lady Melania Trump at the College Football Playoff national championship in New Orleans on Monday night.

Trump waved to the crowd before brief chants of "USA" broke out in the crowd. The President and First Lady then lined up for the National Anthem, performed by recording artist Lauren Daigle.

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

By the way, Geaux Tigers...!

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

Cacophonous cheering and chanting; "4 more years" and "USA".

6 Likes Save    
queenmargo

MAGA ;)

7 Likes Save    
Chi

My guess is his only safe space is the deep south. He learned his lesson in DC and New York!

7 Likes Save    
shaxhome(Frog Rock, Australia 9b)

I read on a website, think it was American Thinker? Maybe Daily Caller. Or The Federalist? Doesn't matter...that every time Trump holds his wife's hand, he has to deposit $10,000 into her personal bank account. Some sort of agreement they have...

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

he has to deposit $10,000 into her personal bank account

Obviously a rumor; money is not easily pried from his grubby short fingers.

1 Like Save    
lily316

Speaking of first lady...this idiot said to his cult the other night at his rally that he was way more popular than Lincoln. He said can you believe that? (Actually no) He said he said to the first lady, they say I am more popular than Lincoln ...51-47. That's how he referred to her. Not Melania, but first lady. He's in his safe zone down in the south. They like him more than Lincoln. The man who can't pronounce tolerate.

Save    
paprikash

What a great President and First Lady! We are blessed!

4 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

And best of all, he got to watch Heisman trophy winner Joe Burrow work his magic. Geaux Tigers!

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Congrats, mrskjun to LSU, it was nice to see our President and First Lady appreciated for the great jobs they are doing!

6 Likes Save    
olliesmom

Chi, Actually, my guess, President Trump is safe in most of the rest of the U.S.

NYC, L.A. and DC doesn't really count, don'tcha know? LOL

LSU is crazy good this year! Would have been fun to be there!

3 Likes Save    
Chi

NYC, L.A. and DC doesn't really count, don'tcha know? LOL

Why not? Why wouldn't nearly 20% of the US population in NY/CA/DC count? I would say they count just as much as the "deep south" counts as representative of how the country overall feels about Trump.

My guess is we will never know how his reception at major events in the rest of the US would go, because he will stay in his safe spots in the deep south.

2 Likes Save    
olliesmom

Chi, are you familiar with the US? why are you thinking only the Deep South? what do you consider the Deep South? if you only think he’s welcome on the Deep South, you are very much mistaken.

And as far as the 20% you are referring too-you can’t fix crazy or people with no common sense. Trump knows that.

4 Likes Save    
eld6161

My question is, who out there will be able to beat him? Unless the Democrats can come up with a plan, yes it will be four more years.

Save    
Chi

Chi, are you familiar with the US? why are you thinking only the Deep South? what do you consider the Deep South? if you only think he’s welcome on the Deep South, you are very much mistaken.

Where did I say he's only welcome in the deep south? I said it's his only safe space. As in, reliably supportive of him where he can feel confident. There are pockets of other areas in the US that support him, of course.

And as far as the 20% you are referring too-you can’t fix crazy or people with no common sense. Trump knows that.

Yeah, well, too bad for the right that all of us crazies get to vote too. :) I was respectful enough not to call people in the deep south names, though. A number of people from California and New York post here and it's not very nice to call us crazy or lacking common sense just because we don't like Trump.

2 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I'm here to say that I am in the "deep South" and we do not all welcome Trump. Far from it! Painting everyone with a broad brush is hardly productive....

Save    
suzyqtexas

I am also in the "deep south" and he is not welcomed at my house. But I will say he wasn't as orange and his hair almost looked normal at the ball game.

Save    
lily316

Actually I have some blue plastic wrap in my drawer which looks so similar to what Mel wore, I might make myself a coat.

Save    
jwnd

Catty!

Save    
chipotle

Lily, saw that on TV. Looked like a garbage bag with a belt.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Actually I think it's 30 states that would be happy to see him. Joe Burrow was very excited and honored that the president attended the game.

If you remember, Bill Clinton carried the south as well.

2 Likes Save    
bothell

Donnie would show up at a garbage dump if he thought his adoring crowds would show up to feed his massive ego.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

bothell

Donnie would show up at a garbage dump if he thought his adoring crowds would show up to feed his massive ego.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

You mean a garbage dump like Seattle?

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

The left are so proud of the way the debate went with no name calling at each other. LOL, the same people who call Trump and his supporters vile names all day long. You would think they would emulate their leaders. Instead they prefer Trump style lol lol lol.... funny huh?

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Margo, what you didn't like me pointing out that your leader loves to mock people?

I don't care what you point out. I was pointing out that those who complain of name calling and found such admiration of the candidates being so civil to each other, should emulate them, not Trump. Instead they want to do what he does, and then blame him, lol lol, one must take responsibility for them self.

I believe the left LIKE name calling. They want to name call and then say," but Trump does it" Funny.

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

"Donnie would show up at a garbage dump if he thought his adoring crowds would show up to feed his massive ego."

It's a garbage dump when he shows up.

Save    
queenmargo

"Donnie would show up at a garbage dump if he thought his adoring crowds would show up to feed his massive ego."

It's a garbage dump when he shows up.

Delilah, you can reference garbage to Trump and his supporters all day long, it will just re-enforce our votes. Carry on.

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Black TGIR: The Case of the Disappearing TV
They Got It Right: If you can’t beat it, camouflage it. See how these designers made TV screens almost unnoticeable
Full Story
Housekeeping 10 Chores You Can Whip Through During Commercials
Use ad time for getting tasks done, and it’s like fast-forwarding your house into cleanliness
Full Story
Travel by Design Beatrix Potter: A Place of Her Own
See the farm that inspired the beloved author to cultivate an independent life and write some of her most famous works
Full Story