Pres. Trump Tweet In Farsi *Most Liked Persian Tweet* In Twitter Hist.

catkinZ8a

Trump tweet in Farsi 'the most liked Persian tweet' in history of Twitter

by Carlin Becker | January 11, 2020 10:20 PM

President Trump's tweet in Farsi expressing his support for Iranians protesting Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has already earned over 200,000 likes, making it the "most liked Persian tweet" in the social media giant's history, according to a leading think tank adviser.

On Saturday, protesters in the country called upon Khamenei to step down after Iran admitted to shooting down a commercial airliner on which dozens of Iranian citizens were traveling. That evening, the president sent out a tweet in Farsi, saying that he stands with their efforts.

“To the brave and suffering Iranian people: I have stood with you since the beginning of my presidency and my government will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely. Your courage is inspiring,” Trump wrote.
به مردم شجاع و رنج کشیده ایران: من از ابتدای دوره ریاست جمهوریم با شما ایستاده‌ام و دولت من همچنان با شما خواهد ایستاد. ما اعتراضات شما را از نزدیک دنبال می کنیم. شجاعت شما الهام بخش است.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2020

After just one hour, the tweet had received over 100,000 likes and has since more than doubled that number.

"This tweet by @realDonaldTrump with more than 100k likes is already the most liked Persian tweet in the history of Twitter," Saeed Ghasseminejad, senior adviser and financial economist at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, claimed. "A strong show of support by Iranians for Trump's Iran policy, something the MSM does not and will not report."
This tweet by @realDonaldTrump with more than 100k likes is already the most liked Persian tweet in the history of Twitter. A strong show of support by Iranians for Trump's Iran policy, something the MSM does not and will not report. https://t.co/4tZ0IgDZmx
— Saeed Ghasseminejad (@SGhasseminejad) January 11, 2020

FDD is a policy institute based in Washington, D.C., that focuses on national security and foreign policy. Described as hawkish, the group is highly critical of Tehran's theocratic regime, and its members advise the Trump administration on its Iran policy. Born and raised in Iran, Ghasseminejad also teaches finance at Baruch College of New York.

The president's inner circle began celebrating the news shortly after, with Dan Scavino Jr., the assistant to the president and director of the White House's social media, tweeting in Farsi, "Excellent."
عالی https://t.co/gBv9fcl56F
— Dan Scavino Jr.?? (@Scavino45) January 11, 2020

Iran responded to the U.S.' recent killing of its top Gen. Qassem Soleimani by firing off over a dozen ballistic missiles at two military bases housing American troops in Iraq this week. While the missiles were being launched, a Boeing 737 carrying over 176 people from Tehran to Kyiv, Ukraine, crashed, killing everyone on board.

On Friday, Iran admitted to "unintentionally" shooting down the plane after originally claiming there was a mechanical problem and blamed "human error," sparking the protests.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-tweet-in-farsi-the-most-liked-persian-tweet-in-history-of-twitter

SaveComment118Like1
Comments (118)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catkinZ8a

'Death to the liars': Protesters in Iran call for Khamenei resignation after downing of jet

by Zachary Halaschak

| January 11, 2020 12:37 PM

Protesters in Iran called for Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to step down after the country admitted to shooting down a commercial airliner accidentally.

Video on social media shows demonstrators in front of Amirkabir University in Tehran chanting, “Commander-in-chief resign, resign.”

Breaking:
People in #Iran have just begun the protest against de regime.
Students of Amirkabir university in Tehran chant slogans against the supreme leader#IranProtests#IranPlaneCrash pic.twitter.com/rzr7w6Oaju— Alireza Azami (@Alireza__Azami) January 11, 2020

The protest came a day after Iran said it “unintentionally” shot down a Ukrainian airliner and killed all 176 people on board. The downing came just hours after the Iranian military fired more than a dozen missiles at bases in Iraq housing American troops.

Victims of Wednesday’s crash included 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians, 11 Ukrainians, 10 Swedes, four Afghans, three Germans, and three British nationals.

The about-face by Iran, which originally claimed that a mechanical error was to blame, came after the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom said there was intelligence showing that Iranian anti-aircraft missiles took down the plane. Footage was also released showing the moment that the jet was shot down.

Ukraine’s president on Saturday insisted that Iran issue a full apology and pay the country after it shot down a Ukrainian airliner and killed all 176 people on board.

BREAKING:
Public mourning gatherings turn into protests in #Iran. Angry crowds chanting, "Death to the liars."#IranPlaneCrash #UkrainePlaneCrash pic.twitter.com/20jPNia6WJ— Farnaz Fassihi (@farnazfassihi) January 11, 2020

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/death-to-the-liars-iranian-protesters-call-for-khamenei-resignation-after-downing-of-jet

Save    
catkinZ8a

Hillary + Obama years. They tried this, that, literal pallets of cash, work with, appease, feign threats...

Hillary in the campaign trail: "Pssh, Trump? He can't deal with Iran! Cackle-cackle-cackle!!"

Aaaand Trump just outperformed 8 years of Obama's failures with One Tweet.

4 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

“Why Trump’s Farsi tweet is actually bad for the world”. CNN

Mark. My. Words.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

”The government of Iran must allow human rights groups to monitor and report facts from the ground on the ongoing protests by the Iranian people. There can not be another massacre of peaceful protesters, nor an internet shutdown. The world is watching.”

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Bolton and Giuliani have both been making speeches in iran for the MEK and Trump has expressed interest in them heading the country. Do you think they would be the best to take over with their past history?

Save    
catkinZ8a

Victims of Iran protests massacre

More than 1,500 unarmed protesters, many of them bystanders including at least 19 children, were shot and killed on the streets during November 2019 Iran protests massacre.

At least 4,000 were wounded and 12,000 were detained, some of them with injuries. The actual number is definitely higher and Iran Human Rights Monitor continues to investigate.
Iran Human Rights Monitor has published the names of more than 700 slain protesters.

Iranian officials have threatened to torture and execute the prisoners to intimidate anyone else who is harboring thoughts to raise their voice against the regime.
There are already reports that pertain several protesters have died under torture inside Iran’s prisons.
Numerous videos obtained from inside Iran show security forces shooting at protesters from helicopters. Several videos show security forces directly aiming their rifles and handguns at the demonstrators and shooting them from point-blank range.
According to one report from the southern city of Mahshahr, the Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) have killed at least 100 people, surrounding them in a marsh and massacring them with machine guns.

There were several reports that Iranian security forces inspected hospitals, rounding up injured protesters and the bodies of the dead. They also refrained from handing over the dead bodies to the families and only did so on the condition that they do not hold a funeral and bury their loved ones in silence and solitude.
And as usual, Iranian officials are deliberately hiding the number of deaths.
On December 2, Iran’s Attorney-General, Montazeri said that “fortunately, people living outside Iran don’t have access to the information and the number” of those killed and arrested in the nationwide protests.
Iran Human Rights Monitor urges The UN Security Council, world governments and the international community to take urgent action to immediately halt the murder and suppression of the protesters.
We urge the United Nations to quickly dispatch fact-finding missions to Iran. The regime leaders must face justice for perpetrating crimes against humanity and Iran protests massacre. Silence and inaction are both a violation of international conventions, laws and standards, and embolden the regime to continue its crimes.

https://iran-hrm.com/index.php/victims-of-iran-protests-massacre/

1 Like Save    
shaxhome(Frog Rock, Australia 9b)

So Trump's staff has access to Google Translate and this is "news" worth crowing about? So much wasted bandwidth to share it...

Bottom of the barrel, indeed! lolololololol!

7 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Anti-government protests erupted at Iranian universities across the country on Saturday, following Iran's claim that it unintentionally shot down a Ukrainian passenger plane with surface-to-air missiles, killing all 176 people who were on board.

Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard's aerospace division, had told state TV that his unit accepts “full responsibility” for shooting down the Ukrainian aircraft, just minutes after it took off from Tehran’s international airport on Wednesday. Iranian President Hassan Rouhani blamed "human error" in a tweet Friday, and called it a "great tragedy and unforgivable mistake."

Students called for the resignation of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, with one protester holding up a banner that read, “F--k you & your mistake," at Amir Kabir University, the New York Post reported. The banner also showed the names and photos of 16 students who died in the crash.

Crowds of students chanted for the Revolutionary Guards to “let go of the country!” and also mentioned deceased Gen. Qassem Soleimani, saying that he “was a murderer" and "his leader is too!” President Trump had ordered the drone strike on Solemani and declared the world a safer place following his death.

Trump tweeted a message of support to the protesters on Saturday, in both Persian and English, promising that his administration would continue to stand with them in solidarity.

"To the brave, long-suffering people of Iran: I've stood with you since the beginning of my Presidency, and my Administration will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely, and are inspired by your courage," Trump's first tweet read.

The president quickly followed up with a second tweet, calling on Iran to allow human rights advocates to monitor major protests within the country, and warning against any draconian government action.

"The government of Iran must allow human rights groups to monitor and report facts from the ground on the ongoing protests by the Iranian people," Trump wrote. "There can not be another massacre of peaceful protesters, nor an internet shutdown. The world is watching."

ERIC SHAWN: 'DEATH TO THE DICTATOR!' ECHOES IN TEHRAN

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also weighed in on the protests, tweeting Saturday that the Iranian people have every right to be frustrated and deserve a brighter future.

"The voice of the Iranian people is clear. They are fed up with the regime’s lies, corruption, ineptitude, and brutality of the IRGC under @khamenei_ir's kleptocracy," he said.

"We stand with the Iranian people who deserve a better future," Pompeo added.

The State Department echoed Pompeo's remarks with their own video tweet, saying "The Iranian people continue their protests against the lies, incompetence, and cruelty of the ayatollah’s regime."

Protests were also reportedly held at three other Universities in Tehran.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-support-iran-protesters-ukrainian-airplane

1 Like Save    
Save    
Stan Areted

catkin:

Hillary + Obama years. They tried this, that, literal pallets of cash, work with, appease, feign threats...

Hillary in the campaign trail: "Pssh, Trump? He can't deal with Iran! Cackle-cackle-cackle!!"

Aaaand Trump just outperformed 8 years of Obama's failures with One Tweet.

You've got it!

So does the electorate.

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Shax. I had the same thought last night. He uses google translate, gets a slightly higher than average amount of likes from (most likely) primarily his regular likers, and somehow irs newsworthy.

Save    
queenmargo

Shax. I had the same thought last night. He uses google translate, gets a slightly higher than average amount of likes from (most likely) primarily his regular likers, and somehow irs newsworthy.

YES, all things TRUMP are newsworthy!

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

On big news events - his tweets routinely exceed 200k.

He was clever, tweeting in Farsi, for sure.

Save    
queenmargo

He was clever, tweeting in Farsi, for sure.

Genius I tell you ;))

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

back again. LOL

MORE too funny!

Save    
mudhouse

These protests will be interesting to watch. I can't help but wonder if they'll be met with severe punishments, imprisonment and murder, like they were when Soleimani was around to order the actions. These people are risking their lives to protest, under this government, and they know it. But they're still protesting.

The British ambassador to Iran was arrested and detained briefly by the government of Iran, on suspicion of organizing and directing radical actions. He was actually attending a vigil for the victims of the Ukrainian air flight that was shot down, and was released later, after stern words from the UK Foreign Secretary.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/middle-east-north-africa/477857-iran-detains-british-ambassador-amid-tehran

Save    
Ann

As I said in another thread, before I learned of this news, and I'll repeat it here ("they" in my sentence below is referring to the Trump WH):

"Kathy, I'd say they are handling the Iran situation spectacularly well!"

2 Likes Save    
petalique

Impeached POTUS doesn’t have a command of English (not even “Queens NY” English).

Did Google translate his slurring and sniffing too?

Save    
mudhouse

So trump twitter supporters liking a trump tweet that couldn't read is news?

No, an American president extending this level of support for Iranian protesters risking their lives is news. And apparently, since it's the most liked Persian tweet in the history of Twitter, people in Iran are acknowledging the support. That's news too.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Most of the "likes" I saw were from Americans.

3 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

The most "liked" Farsi tweets in history, at over 300,000 likes. That's amazing: A strong show of support by Iranians for Trump's Iran policy, something the Democrat-media arm won't report.

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Save    
mudhouse

Trump knows that he can use Twitter to communicate directly to the people of Iran, bypassing that corrupt government's control of communications. Same way he uses it in our country to communicate directly to the people of the US, bypassing the main stream media, because he knows it's the best way to get his actual message to them.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

I am so darn proud of and grateful for the decisions and actions of our president over the last couple weeks! What a leader he has been! I agree with General Jack Keane - far and away his finest moment as president!

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

More likes by Americans than Iranians.

Save    
Ann

"More likes by Americans than Iranians."

Frankly, this is just fine. I like it that both countries appreciate that tweet. That's wonderful!

3 Likes Save    
Delilah66

شما یک احمق هستید trump

Save    
catkinZ8a

Iran is murdering its protesters.

But muh orange man bad.

Remember this is the same Iranian regime the left was groveling and apologizing to just a week ago.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Ah, I see one comment has been edited ref the Iranians liking that tweet.

Save    
Delilah66

It's not nice to scare away new posters.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Not new.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Then why a welcome?

Save    
zmith

Very good question, Ziemia. Will there be an answer, I wonder.

Save    
queenmargo

To say "We see you" ;))

The one minute wonder;)

Save    
Kathy

Trump has his Russian bots retweeting his tweet. Makes him look popular.

1 Like Save    
Vada(10)

Delilah66

شما یک احمق هستید trump

This is translated to mean "you are stupid".

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

LOL Kathy- are you saying the left who have retweeted his tweets are Russian bots?

Save    
HU-885118952

Kathy

Trump has his Russian bots retweeting his tweet. Makes him look popular.

Beep boop unassailable beep boop

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Margo, yes I am saying that. Trump has fake followers by the millions. Remember when he complained so many were booted from Twitter? Well, they are back. His followers need to think they are the majority. He complies.

Save    
catkinZ8a

CNN: "Why Trump telling Iran to not kill its own people is a bad thing."

2 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

Also CNN: Why Iran killing its own protesters benefits the climate.

Save    
Delilah66

Vada, you are brilliant. trump is still diputs.

Save    
mudhouse

His followers need to think they are the majority.

As a Trump supporter, sometimes I forget to say how grateful I am for the help supplied by others. Without their help, how would I know what I thought?

2 Likes Save    
Emma

So, apparently some American's are proud of the murdering fool in the white house. Proud that he is responsible for the murder of 176 passengers on flight 752. They are happy for the death of one man at the expense of 176. Disgusting.

Save    
paprikash

^rather sick to blame Trump for what the Iranians did. I don’t agree with Iranian sympathizers

eta it’s the Iranian sympathizers who are disgusting not the President

2 Likes Save    
Emma

Trump is totally responsible.

Save    
Kathy

Some people are influenced by thinking they are in the popular group as opposed to thinking for themselves. How else would cults develop?

Save    
chipotle

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

I see comments of sympathy for the Iranians who died on flight 752. There is one post from a trump supporter that appears to solicit sympathy for those who died in the Iranian protest massacre. Sympathy is not cause for, nor does it require, US intervention in another country's domestic political strife such as the protest.

Save    
petalique

mudhouse

Trump knows that he can use Twitter to communicate directly to the people of Iran, bypassing that corrupt government's control of communications. Same way he uses it in our country to communicate directly to the people of the US, bypassing the main stream media, because he knows it's the best way to get his actual message to them.

——
...corrupt WH control of communications...

No administration is more corrupt than Trump’s. Lying, multiple counts of obstruction of justice, destroyed evidence, refusing to testify and answer questions or to respond to legitimate subpoenas and court orders, constantly lying, bullying and keeping others from testifying and responding to subpoenas. Telling Senators NOT to even discuss ongoing matters of national security. Actively working over the years to intimidate and to obstruct justice.

Communicating state secrets to our enemies. Consorting (colluding) with criminals, strongmen, felons, enemies of the US, murderous regimes and dictators. Trump and his family-cabinet advisors discussing US security and privileged information over personal unsecured lines, using unsecured servers, asking enemy countries to interfere in our presidential elections, extorting an ally to help his Re-election. Misuse of national security concerns (for his own needs, to cover up and save him from being found out (malfeasance) and embarrassment. Abuse of power abuse of his office (multiple times). Repeatedly lying to the American people. Racketeering.

Encouraging criminal activity. Using his position as president* to enrich himself and allowing his family and appointees to do the same.

Trump is an unAmerican liar, cheater and crook. He is two direct steps from crime boss Russian Ukrainian Russian oligarchs money and assistance. Lev Parnas, R. Giuliani, Dmitry Firtash to name, Putin to name a few.

Without the help of Russia, Fox”News” and other right wing media and financing, as well as a corrupt attorney general (Barr), he would be in prison.

Oh, uninformed gullible true believer sheeple and a bunch of racist deplorables help him out as well.

Save    
paprikash

^fake partisan baloney

eta perpetuated by sore losers who cannot appreciate a strong, smart President who loves the USA

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Think about it. In Hong Kong and Taiwan, and who knows if Iran, they are waving the American flag, they have posters of Donald Trump as a super hero. Meantime in America we have the left.

4 Likes Save    
Save    
Ann

"Think about it. In Hong Kong and Taiwan, and who knows if Iran, they are waving the American flag, they have posters of Donald Trump as a super hero. Meantime in America we have the left."

Yes, citizens of countries who desperately crave freedom or are fighting to keep it are really seeing Trump as a "freedom" and independence hero. I'd agree.

3 Likes Save    
chipotle

paprikash

^fake partisan baloney

Actually it's all true. It's alarming that you don't realize it or refuse to acknowledge it.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

mrskjun, I don't recall Obama being hailed as the hope for other, oppressed countries as Trump is currently. Look at Iran. Obama didn't want regime change as Trump does.. Obama wanted a nuclear deal, and handed that theocratic regime billions, while giving cover and safe haven to terrorists like Suleimani.

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

chipotle

11 minutes ago

paprikash

^fake partisan baloney

Actually it's all true. It's alarming that you don't realize it or refuse to acknowledge it.

———————-

It’s alarming you believe it

3 Likes Save    
chipotle

I believe the truth, not Trump manufactured lies. 15,413 as of December 16, 2019.

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Do you believe the NYT when they say that Trump has used less force than any president since Jimmy Carter?

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Kathy

We Analyzed Every Twitter Account Following Donald Trump: 61% Are Bots, Spam, Inactive, or Propaganda

https://sparktoro.com/blog/we-analyzed-every-twitter-account-following-donald-trump-61-are-bots-spam-inactive-or-propaganda/

https://qz.com/1422395/how-many-of-donald-trumps-twitter-followers-are-fake/

Oh. Well, as long as qz and sparktoro say so. Good job!

1 Like Save    
Ann

Mrskjun, I heard about that NYT story too and I certainly believe it. Trump does not want war and wants our troops home. But, at the same time, start attacking our embassies and killing our citizens and a line simply must be drawn. He drew it. They passed it. He acted.

HU, Trump's making it very clear he isn't going to go after regime change, but if the people of Iran do, I think it could certainly benefit their lives and futures.

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Obama didn't want regime change as Trump does..

Decoder ring or did His Brilliance change his mind within a few short days?

“We do not seek war, we do not seek nation-building, we do not seek regime change”

(ETA sorry Ann already said that.)

Save    
Kathy

Trump says——15,000 lies. We can trust what he says?

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Quartz media bias rating is Center.

Quartz (qz.com) is a global digital-only business news publication. It is owned by Atlantic Media Co., the publisher of The Atlantic, National Journal, and Government Executive. Its team of 150 staff members was pulled together from prominent brands in business journalism: Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, and The New York Times." The four initial sponsors of Quartz were Boeing, Chevron, Cadillac, and Credit Suisse. Quartz's core market is global business people, with its focus on international markets. Its news articles cover global economy news, ranging from geo-political conflicts to policies and regulations.

Save    
Delilah66

His cosmic aura radiates throughout the land. He who must be trusted to tell the best lies, the biggest lies, the lies only fools believe. If you do not believe, you will be shot on Fifth Avenue.

Save    
mudhouse

The article at qz.com is just quoting sparktoro.com, and Sparktoro is a new start up that just introduced their new "Twitter audit" tool in October.

Sparktoro's new tool is in competition with Twitter's own preexisting Twitter Audit tool. No doubt Sparktoro's owner, Rand Fishkin, is hoping to make a splash. Fishkin's Twitter feed doesn't mention his thoughts about Trump (but he does post his preferred pronouns, thank goodness.)

The problem is, Twitter maintains public Twitter audits of politicians like the ones that Sparktoro audited, and Twitter comes up with very different numbers. For example:

Twitter only qualifies 21% of Trump's followers as fake (Sparktoro says 61% of Trump's followers are fake.) https://www.twitteraudit.com/realdonaldtrump

Twitter says that Hillary Clinton has even more fake followers than Trump; 31% of Hillary's followers are fake. (Sparktoro says 43.8% of Hillary's followers are fake.) https://www.twitteraudit.com/hillaryclinton

Numbers, numbers! Lots of times, numbers aren't very good tools to hit people over the head with, because other people almost always have numbers that disagree. Darn.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

ROFL, Mud. Sounds about right.

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

YAWN

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,maifleur,others(8a)

“Are we supposed to care about Twitter likes now?”

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

No surprise that many of Hillary's followers are fake. No one here bragged about how many "likes" or about how many followers Hillary has.

(If I'm wrong I am confident I will be so advised.)

Save    

In fairness Kathy, I think a website that is trying to sell a bot-blocking software is probably inclined to overstate the problem...

Save    
Kathy

Miss Lindsey, that is possible. The whole point is Likes On Twitter are not a barometer of anything when it comes to politics. We know people can buy followers, We know Russia and others are spreading disinformation. It is nothing more than a marketing ploy.

3 Likes Save    

Absolutely agree

Save    
catkinZ8a

داون آندر‏ @D0wn_Under 14h14 hours ago

The corrupted Dems trying their best to come to the Ayatollah's rescue.
#NancyPelosiFakeNews

🤖Nariman‏Verified account @NarimanGharib 14h14 hours ago

More

🤖Nariman Retweeted RNC Research

Iranian people are angry about what Nancy Pelosi said recently in the interview with @ABC so WE've launched a hashtag against what she said. #NancyPelosiFakeNews

BiggZie_‏ @BiggZie_VT 12h12 hours ago

More

People just now realizing how crazy and destructive Nancy is to America, better yet the world. I pity those that still support her. #NancyPelosiFakeNews

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Saied‏ @Saiedey 12h12 hours ago

More

Just for a second assume there is no Dem nor Rep party. Look at the reality. Iranians want mullas gone. They’ve been massacred on Nov when main media were covering Trump impeachment. Be a human and stand for human right. #NancyPelosiFakeNews

Farid Khalifi‏ @FaridMedia 12h12 hours ago

More

While the Iranian people are being killed by the mullahs in the protests, you are lying to the American people! The real people of Iran don't want the Democrats-backed terrorists. Shame on you for playing with the blood of Iranian people.
STOP #NancyPelosiFakeNews

Mohammad Mozafari‏ @mohmd_mozafari 14h14 hours ago

More

Mohammad Mozafari Retweeted RNC Research

The Iranian people are being killed in the streets by the Islamic Republic, but Nancy Pelosi in the USA supports those who kill the Iranian people. Why?
#NancyPelosiFakeNews

Save    
Delilah66

You've been hoovered.

Save    
Delilah66

True love?

Save    
catkinZ8a

https://twitter.com/ghoghnoo12560/status/1216747543649976322
یه لحظه پیش خودم فکر کردم ترامپ رییس جمهور ایرانه#NancyPelosiFakeNews pic.twitter.com/ED7yoinorX
— جیسون کمپسون (@jason_compsonIV) January 13, 2020

.@SpeakerPelosi your embarrassing interview in which you downplayed 40Y of Iranian protests & the nation’s struggle against the criminal Ayatollahs was a massive insult to Iranians. We await your official apology over such shameless & irresponsible comments. #NancyPelosiFakeNews https://t.co/9Vh1CZtdWq
— Ahmad Batebi (@radiojibi) January 13, 2020
An Iranian girl from within Iran sends a message to @SpeakerPelosi. #NancyPelosiFakeNews pic.twitter.com/vGUvbthFLR
— Imam of Peace (@Imamofpeace) January 13, 2020
.@SpeakerPelosi Here is #Tehran, Jan 13 2020.
Riot police on horses are ready for crackdown the people.#IranProtests2020 is bigger than the Iranian student movement. Today, the nation chanting together that "We Don't want Islamic Republic anymore" So, STOP #NancyPelosiFakeNews. pic.twitter.com/CoZci1QGo4
— Ahmad Batebi (@radiojibi) January 13, 2020

Shame on Nancy Pelosi.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

“...we would love to see the aspirations of the people of Iran realized..."

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Look at Iran. Obama didn't want regime change as Trump does.. Obama wanted a nuclear deal, and handed that theocratic regime billions, while giving cover and safe haven to terrorists like Suleimani."

Yep. Remember when the Shah of Iran, who wanted to modernize the country was the problem for Dems? They wanted him replaced in the worst way, and they got what they wanted. A male theocracy!

No wonder Dems don't want Trump Tweeting to Iranians. He supports the Iranian people.

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

No wonder Dems don't want Trump Tweeting to Iranians. He supports the Iranian people.

Go Trump!

Funny, how the left make fun of Trump tweeting in Farsi, and then laud Mayor Pete for speaking Farsi, LOL, so much funny on this forum.

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Funny, how the left make fun of Trump tweeting in Farsi, and then laud Mayor Pete for speaking Farsi, LOL, so much funny on this forum.

More fish shooting in the barrel, queenmargo, no fair! ROTF

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

And the left is very supportive of protests like the Women's Marches, peaceful protesters exercising their right to voice opinions critical of those currently in office in the USA.

But where is the support from the left for the protesters in Iran, calling for Khomeini to be ousted, protesting against the lies of that government? The government that's now using live ammunition and tear gas against the peaceful protesters. Funny...

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL- Stan- I am cocked and ready to blow;)

Save    

Who made fun of Trump for tweeting in Farsi? I must have missed that.

Of course speaking a language aloud correctly is magnitudes more difficult that cutting and pasting a google translated passage so there is that.

Save    

Mudhouse, how do you suggest I show support for the protesters in Iran?

Save    
mudhouse

Mudhouse, how do you suggest I show support for the protesters in Iran?

I can't tell others what to think, or how to show support. It's possible that I've just missed the threads or comments here expressing concern for the protesters, or what the recent protests might mean about how many people in Iran truly supported Soleimani.

As we've argued back and forth about the justification for killing Soleimani, and his role in the Middle East, I don't remember seeing many posts from those on the left bringing up the previous murder of 1500 protesters either, but to me, that's a valid point in any conversation about how much support the current Iranian government really has from their own people.

I don't think concern for the protesters is much of a focus for the left, because it undermines the preferred narrative that Soleimani was a beloved leader, wrongly taken from Iran by a trigger-happy US president trying to distract from impeachment.

Instead, I think most of the crowd on the day of Soleimani's funeral was encouraged or required by the state, and people complied out of fear, or out of a sense of self preservation, brought about by decades of hard experience under the current regime.

I think there's a growing portion of Iran's population that are tired of their government choosing to spend the nation's wealth to export terrorism, instead of using it to help their own citizens. They have a brilliant heritage that's been hijacked by the power lust of a bloodthirsty government, guided by people like Soleimani.

When I see the footage now, of people chanting about the lies from their government, and calling Soleimani a murderer, and his leaders as well, and calling for Khomeini to step down, I think that's real. When I see them tearing down the funeral posters of Soleimani in anger, I think that's real.

And when I see the new footage of people being tear gassed and shot, I realize the risk they're taking, to have a say in the future of their country. I realize how lucky I am to live in a country that allows me to march in the streets and criticize my own elected officials, without any fear of losing my life.

I have respect for people who are willing to risk their health and lives in order to protest, and in order to seek a better future for their country and for their kids. I think the protesters in Hong Kong, and in Iran, are all very brave. I may not be able to help them much in a real way, but I show support for them by saying so.

5 Likes Save    
Delilah66

"As we've argued back and forth about the justification for killing Soleimani, and his role in the Middle East, I don't remember seeing many posts from those on the left bringing up the previous murder of 1500 protesters either, but to me, that's a valid point in any conversation about how much support the current Iranian government really has from their own people."

I stand behind my comment after you had posted about the protesters earlier in this thread:

"There is one post from a trump supporter that appears to solicit sympathy for those who died in the Iranian protest massacre. Sympathy is not cause for, nor does it require, US intervention in another country's domestic political strife such as the protest."

The US did not kill Soleimani to protect Iranians. trump had Soleimani killed due to "an imminent attack."

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

"Mudhouse, how do you suggest I show support for the protesters in Iran?"

miss lindsey, if the left shows sympathy on any level to any cause, they are mocked. To wit:

"What are they marching about this time?'

"Identity politics mixed with inferiority complexes. It's all the left has."

"What is this years theme?"

"The Left love to create victims,"

"The left can not hold a straight face and march. They are the most un- inclusive bunch"

"I expect a lot of screaming at the moon."

and the most stupid comment ever:

"I find it ironic that women feel the need to march in a country where a woman can run for president *but they dont march/ protest in a country where a woman can be burned alive or stoned to death for merely being accused of adultry.*its easy to march in the best/ safest country in the world. Where is the bravery there?can you say “ selective compassion”.

So, mudhouse, do you have an answer for windowmaster? Why are YOU not going to Iran to protest? Feel free to do so on your own dime. You might want to contact trump to see when he plans to start the bombing though.

2 Likes Save    

Sure mudhouse, me too. I agree with everything in your latest comment except this:

“I don't think concern for the protesters is much of a focus for the left, because it undermines the preferred narrative that Soleimani was a beloved leader, wrongly taken from Iran by a trigger-happy US president trying to distract from impeachment.”

-I reject the notion that “the left” (by which I expect you mean, those critical of President Trump) prefers a narrative of Soleimani as a beloved leader

-I reject the notion that anyone believes Soleimani was “taken from Iran” as though we deny that there were multitudes in Iran who detested him

You say you don’t think you have the right to tell others how to think or show support, yet you take a lack of posting about murdered protesters as support for the murderers. That’s painting with an awfully broad brush, don’t you think?

Clearly if you are critical of American people who participate on demonstrations via the Women’s March because you somehow think that means they aren’t supporting Iranian protesters enough, you must have an idea of what would be enough.

I respect you and your opinion enough to believe you were not just trying to stir up trouble so I ask you again, sincerely, what would it take for you to finally believe that “the left” and Trump’s conservative detractors do NOT support the Iranian regime and DO support those Iranians who are striving for change shaped by themselves?

(incidentally I happen to believe that democracy can only succeed when it is chosen by the people and fought for by them, if necessary. It cannot succeed when enacted by an outside player.)

2 Likes Save    
Delilah66

miss lindsey, is there any example of a democracy succeeding when enacted by an outside player? The US fought in Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War, Iraq, and Afghanistan. The Gulf War is the only one that was classified a success IIRC, but it wasn't for democracy.

ETA: The US also fought in WW1 and WW2, but not for democracy.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

"There is one post from a trump supporter that appears to solicit sympathy for those who died in the Iranian protest massacre. Sympathy is not cause for, nor does it require, US intervention in another country's domestic political strife such as the protest...The US did not kill Soleimani to protect Iranians. trump had Soleimani killed due to "an imminent attack."

Delilah, nobody in this thread has said that sympathy for the Iranian protesters was behind the strike on Soleimani. And no one has said that Soleimani was killed by the US to protect Iranians, either.

Soleimani's killing was ordered by an American president to protect Americans. That's his job.

Soleimani was responsible for killing over 600 Americans in Iraq, and horribly injuring another 1600 Americans. I take those facts very personally as an American citizen.

In 2019, Iran attacked two international oil tankers in the Gulf, shot down a $176 million US drone, seized a British oil tanker, blew up a Saudi oil field, shot missiles at a US base in Iraq (killing another American) and organized the attack of a US embassy, putting the lives of more Americans at risk. For me, and many others, this is plenty of reason alone for the US to take advantage of the chance to take out a designated Iranian terrorist, when they had the chance. But additionally, the administration has made it clear there were other attacks being planned. The fact that future attacks were being planned shouldn't surprise anyone. The really shocking thing would have been if Iran had stopped attacking Americans, based on recent events.

Nonetheless, the left (yes, I mean to use that broad brush) tries to ignore the context of all of the above, with journalists preferring to pretend that the most critical crime in this entire conflict with Iran is a lack of clarity on the definition of the word “imminent.” I find that refusal to focus on the real reason for the strike (dead and wounded Americans, and the promise of more dead and wounded Americans) frankly infuriating.

Trump was right to take out Soleimani, for the reasons above, and more. He's also right when he says Soleimani should have been taken out a long time ago. The Iranian protests against their government are a separate issue. Most of us are entirely capable of having respect for the citizens of Iran, who are fighting an impossible battle against their current terrorist government, without confusing that respect with the reason for the strike on Soleimani.

In reply to your second post: beating people over the head with comments made by others is an interesting tactic. Has it worked well for you?

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

It worked well for me. Good job, delilah. That’s a just a small sampling of the comments made by those claiming the “leftist progs” are bitter haters. Your sincerity is questionable if you don’t see this.

Save    
mudhouse

Miss Lindsey: You say you don’t think you have the right to tell others how to think or show support, yet you take a lack of posting about murdered protesters as support for the murderers. That’s painting with an awfully broad brush, don’t you think?

No, I don't think it's painting with too broad a brush. I think it's being honest, and I used the phrase "the left" on purpose. I form my opinions about the left not only based on the people who post at Hot Topics, but on articles I read, and commentary I see in the news. What I posted is what I see. That's what I think.

Clearly if you are critical of American people who participate on demonstrations via the Women’s March because you somehow think that means they aren’t supporting Iranian protesters enough, you must have an idea of what would be enough.

I have never been critical of anyone participating in any of the Women's Marches. I have only been supportive. I've posted repeatedly that I respect people who take the time and money to travel and join protests, or people who canvas from door to door for their candidates. I respect that. I respect protests that are able to accomplish their goals without any violent incidents. That's not easy.

I used to go dig up my old posts to prove that I've been supportive of the Women's Marches, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. You could say, the left here sometimes applies a broad brush to me. Oh well.

It seems odd to me that the left (in Hot Topics, and on the web in general) does such a good job of defending their own reasons for protesting, without extending a similar level of support for protesters in Hong Kong, or Iran. I really have not seen threads started here by folks who lean left, or many comments made, pointing out the bravery of those who are fighting for their own freedom, and supporting their efforts by posting photos and videos of protests in Hong Kong or Iran. Have you?

I respect you and your opinion enough to believe you were not just trying to stir up trouble so I ask you again, sincerely, what would it take for you to finally believe that “the left” and Trump’s conservative detractors do NOT support the Iranian regime and DO support those Iranians who are striving for change shaped by themselves?

First, posting my own opinion about "the left" is no more "stirring up trouble" than the myriad of comments posted daily in Hot Topics about "the right" or "Trump supporters." When people describe Trump supporters as idiots, cult members, stupid, gullible, or immoral, I remind myself that the person writing that has the right to post their opinion about that group. It's not always easy, but that's what I do.

If they say to me, "mudhouse, you're an idiotic cult member," that's different, but that's not what I did.

Second, what would it take? Threads, or comments, here in Hot Topics expressing the support I mentioned above. Or, columns in the New York Times, or commenters on CNN, expressing support for what the Iranian or Hong Kong protesters are trying to achieve. And calling out the repressive and terrorist Iranian government. I would cheer if I read those things in WaPo, NYTimes, MSNBC, or CNN.

But in the absence of those kinds of comments, I have no reason to abandon my own opinion that the left, for whatever reason, is not comfortable doing so. It's not an insult; it's not stirring up trouble; it's my opinion, based on observations.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Your comments worked well for me. Good job mudhouse, your sincerity is not questionable, it is absolutely seen;)

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

(incidentally I happen to believe that democracy can only succeed when
it is chosen by the people and fought for by them, if necessary. It cannot succeed when enacted by an outside player.)

Expressing support for protesters fighting for freedom is not the same thing as forcing it upon them from the outside. They're already choosing and fighting and dying. Supporting them with typed words on the internet seems a very small gift.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

Thanks, queenmargo, for reading to the end of it. People like me were not made for Twitter. Obviously.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Thank goodness for people like you, Mud. I admire your thoughtful patience.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Thanks, queenmargo, for reading to the end of it.

LOL mudhouse.

you know me well, lol. I have the attention span of a gnat lol

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

No, I generally thank anyone who has the patience to read to the end of my long posts!

But look, both Delilah and Miss Lindsey both did long posts. Maybe they were trying to make me feel better, or maybe I'm rubbing off on them. That's my evil plan. Make everybody use more words.

1 Like Save    
Delilah66

"It seems odd to me that the left (in Hot Topics, and on the web in general) does such a good job of defending their own reasons for protesting, without extending a similar level of support for protesters in Hong Kong, or Iran. "

I am above all concerned for Americans who are speaking out and/or protesting for Americans' rights, welfare and needs. It comes under the heading of patriotism and loyalty.

The US supports the oppressed of other countries through our state department, and military and through multilateral treaties. I support or don't support those actions through voting.

Save    
Delilah66

"In reply to your second post: trying to beating people over the head with comments made by others is an interesting tactic. Has it worked well for you?"

What doesn't work well is to make a statement as I led with ("If the left shows sympathy on any level to any cause, they are mocked.") without examples. I used recent examples for convenience. Throwing out digs with no backup, then replying "look it up yourself" is an interesting tactic that is used often and mostly by the same people. So, how many examples does it take to defend a statement? How many are too many? Ask Emily when it becomes "beating people over the head" then those who exceed the limit can be banned and come back as RangerRick. Resort to LOL because someone's going to be offended if they see too many examples?

If someone from the left had posted about the Iranian protesters even you know what the responses would have been: stupid memes and LOLs. So get sympathy for lack of attention somewhere other than from me. It's disingenuous.

Save    

I think I misunderstood this statement, mudhouse:

“And the left is very supportive of protests like the Women's Marches, peaceful protesters exercising their right to voice opinions critical of those currently in office in the USA.

But where is the support from the left for the protesters in Iran...”

I seem to have extrapolated too much out of this statement. I admit that I don’t keep a file in my head on what each poster says about every topic every time. So I juxtaposed your (somewhat critical) tone with the fact that many posters are derisive about the Women’s March and wrongly thought you were one of them. I apologize.

Some posters do make broad statements about “the left” and “the right” just to stir up ill feelings (I think). I don’t think you are one of those, which is why I asked for clarification in the first place instead of just moving on to the next comment.

I see lots of articles in the media that I consume and hear lots of analysis on the radio that I listen to discussing the struggles of the people in Hong Kong and Iran (especially recently, obviously). It’s regularly mentioned. So it is at the forefront of the news I hear and a part of my awareness. Just because I don’t start a post here doesn’t mean I don’t think about it or support it. I would guess that’s true for others too.

If anyone posts a thread on it, I’ll probably comment on it and the comment will probably be along the lines of “I happen to believe that democracy can only succeed when it is chosen by the people and fought for by them, if necessary. It cannot succeed when enacted by an outside player.” I’m always excited to see people and peoples cast off the yoke of oppression. But I don’t think I can do much to help them on their way, personally, unless I am close to them and I don’t think my feeble words here will help much to be honest.

(mudhouse you are one of the few posters I write long posts to. I have a tendency toward wordiness that I imagine must be exasperating to some posters and ineffectual in this format but since you also use long posts I think you don’t mind them.)

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

No need to apologize, miss lindsey, I probably remember less about everything others have posted here than you do. I was just trying to let you know my stance on that issue, so you understood my post better.

I don't even read all of the threads. I haven't read the current thread about the upcoming Women's March (shame on me, but I thought I knew how it would probably go, and I'm more interested in trying to understand complicated current events better.) That's why I objected to being challenged to respond to something somebody else had posted there. No thanks.

I understand your thoughts about how our words here don't make real change. But this thread was originally about Trump's words of support for the Iranians, and I think words from world leaders can cause the government of Iran to realize that the violence against their own citizens isn't going unnoticed. That, in itself, could actually save lives, if orders to kill more people are reconsidered. And I support Trump's tweets being posted in Farsi, because I think that sends a signal to those people, most of whom probably won't see much real freedom in their lifetime. Maybe their kids will, though. That's up to them.

I think our words here do matter, because there's something important about standing up for what's right, and calling out injustice. When we do that, we affect other people (some that never post here.) People here post all the time about things they think are unjust about Trump's actions, for example, but those words won't change Trump's behavior. They still post them anyway. They should. I don't think you should feel like your words are ever feeble. Words make people think, and on the internet, words move around the world.

And thanks for taking the time to write a longer post. It makes mine look a little more acceptable, by comparison, and I can use the cover.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

Delilah: If someone from the left had posted about the Iranian protesters even
you know what the responses would have been: stupid memes and LOLs.

If someone from the left posted about support for the Iranian protesters who are fighting for their freedom from a terrorist regime, they would receive "likes" on that comment, not ridicule. I'd try to be the first in line to add mine.

Save    
Delilah66

So how many examples are too many? Are you getting help on that from Emily?

Save    
queenmargo

Delilah: If someone from the left had posted about the Iranian protesters even
you know what the responses would have been: stupid memes and LOLs.

If someone from the left posted about support for the Iranian protesters who are fighting for their freedom from a terrorist regime, they would receive "likes" on that comment, not ridicule. I'd try to be the first in line to add mine.

There you go Delilah- projecting!

Why do you feel the need to call other people's form of communicating stupid?

Save    
Del Phinium

Delilah said:

"If someone from the left had posted about the Iranian protesters even you know what the responses would have been: stupid memes and LOLs."

How many memes did you post on HT, just yesterday, Delilah? Asking for a friend

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Delilah66

So how many examples are too many? Are you getting help on that from Emily?

Again projecting?

Why would you even say such a thing? Who is contacting Emily for guidance on citing examples?

Did the debate go that bad lol lol?

Save    
queenmargo

How many memes did you post on HT, just yesterday, Delilah? Asking for a friend

I often see people complain about memes on one thread and then I see the same person posting memes on another thread. I guess those people don't see the hypocrisy. Some people loath memes in one breath and then when a left poster posts a meme that same person will say "Best meme ever" LOL.. I guess those people don't see the hypocrisy. I do;)

Save    
Delilah66

"Why would you even say such a thing? Who is contacting Emily for guidance on citing examples?"

Can you explain why citing a list of examples is considered beating people over the head?

"If someone from the left posted about support for the Iranian protesters who are fighting for their freedom from a terrorist regime, they would receive "likes" on that comment, not ridicule. I'd try to be the first in line to add mine.

There you go Delilah- projecting!

Why do you feel the need to call other people's form of communicating stupid?"

Memes are stupid when used constantly as the only means of discourse.

"How many memes did you post on HT, just yesterday, Delilah? Asking for a friend"

None if my activity log is correct.

Monday I posted the below statements followed by a photo of the symbol of solidarity to reflect my previous statement. Not a meme.

I do not discriminate against people because of their politics, their country of origin, their race, their sex, their age, or their sexual preferences.”

If you were running against trump and your life reflected ^^^^, you would get my vote. If your life also reflected true patriotism, loyalty, liberty, and sanctity I would campaign for you.

Yesterday I posted 2 photos with information :

"Try replacing that with a Star of David or a Palestinian flag."

People would die.

Your lit cross doesn't offend me. Neither did this one offend the SCOTUS:

and

For all the trump fans traveling from the northeast to get to the rally, stop in New Bern, North Carolina. There's a special sale on for

The photo above is of my copy of the book.

Save    
queenmargo

See, I don't feel the need to tell you that your pics are stupid. I am tolerant;)

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

Can you explain why citing a list of examples is considered beating people over the head?

Delilah, I'm having a hard time understanding the points you're trying to make in your posts, and it's not even clear if the above question is directed at me, but I'll answer in case it was.

As I posted above, I hadn't even read the other thread on the Women's March (I've seen/participated in those in the past, but not this one.) So you started that comment by addressing Miss Lindsey, then you listed comments from the other thread (I think) and then at the end you challenged me to answer a question that Windowmaster asked somebody else, in a thread I hadn't read, and called it a stupid comment.

Interjecting that into this conversation, without being more clear about where the comments came from, or doing a better job of explaining why they were were important to you, was confusing. I thought your angry tone was inappropriate. I wasn't even in that other thread, and the people posting there weren't addressing me.

Bringing other people's viewpoints from another thread is great. Using other people's comments to angrily make muddy points isn't helpful, and it did feel like you were trying to beat me over the head with comments I didn't understand.

Save    
queenmargo

Your photo above with the copy of your book is causing me emotional pain, could you remove it? That is how a left person sees how things should be.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

No, it's how a Trump supporter imagines how a "left person sees how things should be."

Save    
Delilah66

mudhouse, I gave you my answer to your question ("But where is the support from the left for the protesters in Iran...") which was: "Sympathy is not cause for, nor does it require, US intervention in another country's domestic political strife such as the protest.” My answer did not place a judgment value on anyone else's choice of issue to support. I provided the comments that support my answer. I'm sorry that you did not want or like my answer or the examples/number of examples to go with my answer, but they are what they are. They were not made up by me. Just because you didn't comment on the thread I chose to use as support for my answer does not make my post rude or invalid. I could continue this by going back through trump supporters' similar comments on other threads, but that would be beating a dead horse and would not assuage your hurt feelings, if I may be so "lefty" as to use "feelings" in this thread, on this forum.

Why does it matter whether you commented on the women's march? As shown in your last and next-to-last comment to me, you knew where I was drawing my examples from and where they came from wasn't pertinent. Why you believe my post was made "angrily" is not evident: "Sympathy is not cause for, nor does it require, US intervention in another country's domestic political strife such as the protest.” Where is the anger? Which word is a "trigger" word?

Save    
mudhouse

I'm moving on Delilah, and thank you for the exchange.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL- now you understand my choice of circumlocution;) I just learned a new word and was waiting to use it lol lol... fun stuff here on this forum.

Mudhouse, you are inspiring me;)

2 Likes Save