SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_909157119

Front Yard Curb appeal - Landscape / Hardscape advice needed!

Dennis Lin
4 years ago

Hello all! Ive posted this question a while back but never got to the project due to unexpected projects that came up (plumbing burst) But anyways, tis the season of tax returns and im ready to tackle this headache!

So basically, ive painted the house, ive gotten new windows. i now really need to up my curb appeal. Ive contacted a couple of paver and hardscape companies but unfortunately to hire a hardscape designer is quite expensive, so im hoping i can use the help of the people here to come up with a design to give to them!

Currently im leaning towards building a pavers planter box in front of the house where the two windows are. However, im also open to just trenching out a area to put mulch and plant some flowers. towards the front porch, im opting to delete the standing light post, maybe wideing up the steps, bringing them out a bit and adding pavers to the rest. However this just seems a bit boring and plain. The paver company suggested i maybe add a tree or some sort of plant where the red circle is

I have a decent sized budget and i just really want to get this done right, i want to upgrade my whole curb appeal expect the drive way because right now, thats out of the budget. Id like to incorporate the porch into it as well. More than likely ill remove all the railings, widen up the steps and maybe put pavers or trex (deck material) on the top.

Im open to any ideas or suggestions, im really bad with design so im getting pretty frusterated with this project. here is a couple of pictures of house the house looks now..

ive recently got shutters and added rain gutters as well...

this is some of the pictures i like. id like to get this type of feel for my front yard..

Just some other info - Im located in Los Angeles California.

Thanks in Advance for all the help, im open to any ideas, pictures, or drawings related to my questions!!

Comments (46)