SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizychat

Bianco Superior Quartzite

Liz
4 years ago

Hi- does anyone have Bianco Superior Quartzite in their bath or kitchen that they could share a picture of? Speak of durability? My husband and I are considering using this in our kitchen and it is hard to find pictures! Thanks!

Comments (193)

• Renee C
    7 months ago

I didn’t do a stone backsplash
    I wish I did.

• Ashley Billot
    7 months ago

Do you have any pics of what you did for backsplash? I love your kitchen. Planning to purchase Bianca superiore as wel

• Related Discussions

Bianco Macabus Quartzite Help

Q

Comments (10)
    That looks beautiful. I have the same stone I think, although it goes by a different name. I don't see many rust spots on that slab, but it may be the photo. I had a few rust spots too. You can see a couple of them on my counters, but it isn't very noticeable. I quite like them actually. I think it comes down to if you really like the slab as is, and if it will work in your space. My slabs did have less vertical lining than the pictured slab, but the parts of my counter that I like best are the sections with strong vertical or angled lines cutting across the horizontal lines.
    ...See More

Caesarstone BIANCO DRIFT paired with WHITE CABINETS

Q

Comments (5)
    Here is a pic of it with white cabinets there seems to be a nice contrast to me I do not see the beige/ brown bits but that is probably just the picture
    ...See More

Equator Quartzite or Taj Mahal Quartzite Photos

Q

Comments (65)
    @typeandrun, thank you for the response and feedback. Just out of curiosity, was honing an option when you were making your decision. This gives it the matte look but without the texture. We are going with a dark greenisland and warm white perimeter cabinets and I really like the Taj Mahal. I just want to make sure I get slabs that are more cream than beige. That's the toughest part b/c they look so different in the warehouses than they will in real life.
    ...See More

decor column/chimney attached to island.

Q

Comments (9)
    I'd embrace it and either expose the existing brick, or else (ideally) wrap it in thin brick/stone veneer so you'd get to pick the color. Can even overdo the mortar to make it look original if that fits the theme IMO if you rock and paint it it'll still stick out but be more of a "wtf is that why is that there" but if it's masonry it's obviously a chimney and could add charm if done right
    ...See More
  • Adina P
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Love it

• Renee C
    4 months ago

Stunning!!

• Garrett Shipp
    4 months ago

How has water staining gone for those of you that double sealed your bianco superior? Just got ours installed yesterday and the island definitely has wet spots all over. Now that we are realizing how soft quartzites can be we are curious about staining (paint, spaghetti, etc., etc.,), heat resistance, chipping, scratching, etc.

• msdancnusa
    4 months ago

@garrett. No issues whatsoever. Even around the sink. Very happy with the slabs 4 months in. No chipping, or etching: occasionally I have seen a small scratch but easy to buff out the surface

• Garrett Shipp
    4 months ago

Thanks msdancnusa. can you share what you did for sealing it and what product?

Also curious about Renee C and Susanna F’s experience. i keep reading that results vary across slabs, especially for lighter quartzites.

• Susanna F
    4 months ago

@Garrett Shipp My experience has been great! We have a honed finish. The areas i was most worried about, behind the sink and behind the range are perfect. Unfortuntately to the right of my sink I have some white spots. This area gets wiped down a ton. I think it is user error on my part. Our dishwasher was out of commission for almost a month. I let dishes that were wet sit on the counter top on a dish towel. I am not sur how to remove them. I have a photo attached. We need to reseal so I have to tackle this area before doing so. I have read a poultice of some sort does the job. I'd love to see your photos and hear what you are considering.

• Adina P
    4 months ago

@SUSANNA F

I bought these thick plastic rolls from amazon and cut them in 1/2 to use on both sides of sink to prevent from water damage, the bottom part its like sucktion atribute where no water gets under

Ewen 35.6in Translucent Silicone Mats for Kitchen Counter, 35.6"x23.5"x0.08" Extra Large Silicone Mat Heat Resistant Mat Cooking Mat, 2 Pack 2MM...

• Renee C
    4 months ago

Garrett
    The only place we have a small issue is around the sink bc it’s not level there. So the water sits literally by the sink area. We didn’t check to make sure the cabinet was level when the stone was installed.
    No other issues anywhere but make no mistake I would not let any red sauces or anything sit on the countertop.
    When I was searching for a countertop I was told the ones that are darker and more sandy are less porous. Knowing what I know now I probably would have picked a darker slab maybe…it is very pretty though and I always get compliments.

• Renee C
    4 months ago

I wipe them constantly. I won’t let anything sit on the counters.

• PRO
    Kristin Petro Interiors, Inc.
    3 months ago

For anyone interested, I ran a test of White Pearl and Bianco Superiore quartzites using hot sauce, mustard, ketchup, berry jam and salad dressing. After 24 hours, the Bianco Superiore wiped completely clean. The White Pearl has a significant stain from the hot sauce and minor discoloration from the mustard. Neither etched.

I'm actually really impressed with the durability of the Bianco Superiore.

• Susanna F
    3 months ago

How did you remove?

• PRO
    Kristin Petro Interiors, Inc.
    3 months ago

Dish soap and water only. I tried scrubbing the hot sauce stain with a scouring pad on the White Pearl and it did not even lighten. Neither of these samples are sealed.

• msdancnusa
    3 months ago

Thank you! Very reassuring and I have been happy with my Bianco Superiore stone the past 6 months. No etching or stain yet

• Garrett Shipp
    3 months ago

Awesome. Thank you! we want to do a test with ours as our stone seems a little lighter than yours. Have had some water staining (dries within a few hours) on the cut edge where maybe the sealer didnt work. Are worried that if it was ketchup it would stain forever!

• Mary J.
    2 months ago

I am so thankful for this thread!! It has been so helpful as we are considering Bianco Superiore for our kitchen. Here’s a picture of the slab. We have two young children - ages 4 and 6 so I am very nervous about staining etc. We are between the Bianco Superiore or Vadara Aurora Frost Quartz (also pictured). The beauty of quartzite is just unmatched!! Any advice would be helpful!

• Renee C
    2 months ago

Get the quartz

• Renee C
    2 months ago

I mean quartzite
    The bottom photo

• Garrett Shipp
    2 months ago

We ended up going quartz in our bathroom and it’s really pretty but i’m not sure I could have done it for the kitchen. We love our bianco superiore look (very similar to your photo). We have 4 little kids with a 5th coming next week so maybe we will regret it but so far so good. We did have some peeling of the seal so we had them come back and remove the seal and re-seal it. We haven’t had any spills though and are too scared to test it. It seems like the water staining is fixed after they resealed it.

If it’s possible, what I would do if I was you is see if you can get a test piece (scrap bianco superiore from your vendor) to do a water and stain test on and potentially even seal it and then try. I would have pushed harder to figure that out before we bought and installed it because now we are super cautious because we don’t want to find out if it stains!

• Mary J.
    2 months ago

Thank you!! Super helpful. Yes, I asked for a sample - so we'll see what they say.

Do you have an area on your counters were you let the kids' stuff dry ie their cups, lunch boxes etc.? Or, are you constantly hand drying that so it's not sitting on a drying rack/area the countertops?

Is yours polished or honed?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    2 months ago

"We have 4 little kids with a 5th coming next week..."

Pictures please.

• Mary J.
    2 months ago

I also just read that Bianco Superiore is the "same" as Le Blanc or Mont Blanc? Does anyone have any info on this? I feel like I've read some bad reviews on Mont Blanc.

• PRO
    festivefoxdecor
    2 months ago

I have monte blanc in my bathroom. It’s been 2 years, no staining, water spots or etching. I also have a shelf in the shower for soap and shampoo, also no problems. I did reseal a few months ago. It’s very easy to do.

• msdancnusa
    2 months ago

@maryj. I do have an area where I leave things to dry. I use the new Amazon Dorai Home Dish Pad – Collapsible... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZNRZ6F2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share pad and it dries itself instantly. No marks on the counter

• jillhorn70
    2 months ago

What color white did you use with the blanco superiors?

• Garrett Shipp
    2 months ago

Here’s a few shots that show coloring with cabinets. our white cabinets are Egret white by Sherwin Williams.

Pardon the mess but we are still unpacking everything. we are drying on a rack and towel (as you can see) and dont seem to have any water stains after we got it re-sealed. The counter guys used Akemi sealer, which is a german product. We are still researching the right product to use for cleaning.

Haven’t fully tested it with spilled tomato soup or anything yet…

• Ashley Billot
    2 months ago

@garrett i love your floors! Can you share details? Also is that alno hardware?

• coray
    2 months ago

Garrett, someone wrote an article here on Houzz a few years ago about natural, easily homemade cleaning products. It recommended the following for stone countertops: take a household spray bottle (I reuse old Windes bottles or similar), fill it mostly with water, add about 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol, perhaps a few tiny drops of Castile soap (optional), and voilà! I’ve been using this mixture for years, and it works great. (For a cloth I use the quilted “Swedish” dish clothes, the diamond-patterned side, rinsed with hot water, then squeezed well….works like a charm and leaves no streaks! But your cloth cannot be too wet, so squeeze well. I run the cloths through my DW on the top rack.)

• coray
    2 months ago

PS: I should add that I have TM tops, not yours, but both are light quartzite.

• msdancnusa
    2 months ago

I have BM white dove around the perimeter and rifted white oak medium stain on island.

• Garrett Shipp
    2 months ago

@msdancnusa I really like your island stain. It all looks great.

@Ashley Billot: floors are 6 inch white oak stained with "weathered oak". We really like them so far. Didn't want to go wider on hardwood because buckling can become an issue. We wanted hardwood, not engineered or vinyl where you can go wider plank.

Hardware is alno.

@coray thank you for the information!

• Tricia Drew
    last month

@renee

Where did you find your pulls? Seems we have similar tastes. I’ve been looking at Bianco superior and just painted my main areas crushed ice, have white and brown cabinetry, and today came across your post. Love the brushed gold on the cabinets! Also can you share your faucet?

• Mary J.
    24 days ago

Does anyone have Zellige tile backsplash with their Bianco Superior??

• msdancnusa
    24 days ago

@mary I have something very similar.

• Mary J.
    24 days ago

ohh thats pretty! do you mind sharing details?

• Susanna F
    24 days ago

Pretty! I have the full height backsplash. I decided after order the countertop. Fortunately they had 2 slabs.

• Renee C
    23 days ago

@tricia my pulls are from Rejuvenation (I don’t like brass that patinas and I don’t like the smell of it either). These are arched mission pulls on antique brass I think it is I can double check. I love the pulls they’re so pretty. I looked all over. The faucet is Satin Bronze Newport Brass. But I think there are other brand faucets that look similar (kohler).

• Renee C
    23 days ago

Mary J. I didn’t go with Zelige. The Zelige I thought about getting seemed like a big commitment without being able to return if I changed my mind.

• Renee C
    23 days ago

Msdanceusa it all looks beautiful

• Mary J.
    17 days ago
    last modified: 17 days ago

Install Day!! See pics (excuse the mess!). I'm really happy; however, there are several water mark stains that my fabricator said would come out over time? Has this happened to anyone?! He said we can still get the professional sealer done tomorrow. Doesn't that seem weird if stains are still there? Any advice would be helpful!!

• msdancnusa
    17 days ago

Curious why they didn’t do the professional sealer when they fabricated? Can’t wait to see pics

• Mary J.
    17 days ago

I think I posted the pics now! Our fabricator recommended a ”lifetime” warranty sealer that is supposed to be more durable which happens after install?

• Garrett Shipp
    17 days ago

We had water stains even after it was sealed and they still dried up nicely (the underside isnt sealed so i think thats how it dries).

We had a near disaster (or so we thought) when we had flowers on the island and pollen dropped and left big yellow stains. it did come out with soap and water and scrubbing. Our original seal got scratched and we got it resealed. the resealed portion has a new scratch in the last week so im curious what others are seeing. We have 5 kids though so i think thats the main issue ;)

• Renee C
    16 days ago

Garret you have a scratch in the quartzite? From cutting on it or just usage? I’m so paranoid about this as well.

• Garrett Shipp
    16 days ago

We are nearly certain it’s a scratch in the sealer, not the stone. We have no idea how it got there. previously we had issues with the seal (some scratches and some areas that were getting water stained on the edge) and then got it resealed. those scratches are gone and the waterstaining stopped but we got this new scratch. its annoyibg but i think we are resigned to having to reseal it annually.

we are extremely careful about cutting or placing hot plates or pans on the stone and found a good seethrough cutting board that ill send a photo of. we leave it there full time and do all prep on that.

• Garrett Shipp
    16 days ago

• Debbie Klausing
    16 days ago

msdancnusa I love your countertops! I’m wondering if you have any seams? I’ve been driving myself crazy thinking about whether my fabricator is going to say I need a seam. My cabinets haven’t been installed yet and I know about the template, etc.

• msdancnusa
    16 days ago

@debbie thank you! I have one seam by behind my faucet and another in the corner of my hidden pantry. Otherwise no others