Breaking- 10 rockets hit Al Asad Air Force Base in Iraq

dandyfopp

10 rockets hit Al Asad Air Force Base in Iraq

15mins ago

https://edition.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/us-iran-soleimani-tensions-intl-01-07-20/h_2d1976528568efadfaa18085af23db43

At least 10 rockets hit Al Asad Air Force Base in western Iraq where US forces are based, Qatri al-Obeidi, one of the Sunni commanders of the Paramilitary Forces in the nearby town of al-Baghdadi, told CNN.

The commander said the shelling has stopped for now.

Al Asad Air Force Base is about 124 miles west of Baghdad.

SaveComment114Like
Comments (114)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

ZERO chance it's not war now.

Trump's war.

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Save    
Delilah66

News at 10: Iran state TV says Tehran launches hundreds of surface-to-air missiles....

News at 11: Iran state TV says Tehran launches thousands of surface-to-air missiles....

News at 12: Iran state TV says Tehran launches millions of surface-to-air missiles....

Save    
maddie260

Yes, dt’s mess and war. And, one of the more frightening aspects is that dt has blown all relationships with our Allies; we are in this mess alone. All, because he hated Obama, knew more than the Generals, knew more than anybody else about absolutely any topic one can name- hahaha!

9 Likes Save    
Delilah66

mmmm, all because he loves himself.

2 Likes Save    
Cookie8

TYT is covering it (the news) live right now.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I'm feeling so much safer with our president at the helm!

Just think in 3 short years, we've gone from:

a treaty with iran to keep them from developing nuclear weapons and having a platform for conversations and diplomatic relations with them, near success on eliminating isis and depriving them of their caliphate, and an eye to drawing down troops in iraq

to:

an iranian attack on US bases and potential personnel killed, iraq kicking the US out of the country and iraq and iran now presenting a more united front against the US, and iran going back to processing uranium, the US abandoning any fight against isis, the US turned its back on the kurds and their success in fighting isis for us, and escalating war between the US and iran, while russia is occupying US bases in syria.

And in the background, puppet master putin is filled with glee. trump couldn't've served him better. (Surprise! Putin's in damascus today and meeting with erdogan tomorrow.)

The miracle continues!

But benghazi, benghazi, benghazi and how about that unemployment rate!

8 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

All I can say is I'm glad no one in my family is of draft age...

...and trump certainly was successful in his marketing campaign...no one is talking about his impeachment now or asking for his income taxes...all of that's been pushed off the front page.

7 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

This account is trying to monitor for disinformation in real time.

https://twitter.com/JaneLytv

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

Which was no doubt the point .

Save    
dandyfopp

How many people are dead for this distraction?

Save    
queenmargo

How many times does Iran have to strike here, there and everywhere for you to support standing up to this type of terrorism.

I think this is Iran flexing their muscle to try and save face with what ever propaganda they feed their people over this strike.

Save    
foodonastump

I don’t know that I’d qualify an announced military response to a military attack, targeting military bases, “terrorism.”

8 Likes Save    
blfenton

Saeed Jalilli, secretary of the Iranian Supreme National Security Council and close representative of Ali Khamenei tweeted a picture of the Iranian Flag shortly after the missiles were launched.

I won't post the tweet.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

How many steps in an military escalation must be taken before you realize your president has marched our nation into a "stupid war" ... exactly what he promised not to do, starting with his shredding the nuclear treaty with iran just because obama signed it....to killing this general to distract from impeachment and to "guaranty" his reëlection.

Welcome to a hot war with iran.

The miracle continues.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

I don’t know that I’d qualify an announced military response to a military attack, targeting military bases, “terrorism.”

If this was in response to my comment, I did not mean tonight's attack. I meant all the Iranian attacks that have taken place up to Soleimanis death.

Save    
Iris GW

I meant all the Iranian attacks that have taken place up to Soleimanis death.

And how many were there? Show me how much you know about the situation prior to his death.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

We are not in a hot war with Iran.

Iran has and always will be Iran. If you are sleeping they will strike. Wake up and stay awake.

Save    
Delilah66

To impose another draft, Congress and the president would have to pass legislation authorizing it. As of now, experts say that’s an unlikely prospect.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

We had a treaty with Iran - Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).

It was torn up by Trump.

5 Likes Save    
Save    
queenmargo

And how many were there? Show me how much you know about the situation prior to his death.

If you do not know of any Iranian attacks, then you have not been paying attention.

Save    
mudhouse

This account is trying to monitor for disinformation in real time.
https://twitter.com/JaneLytv

Thanks for posting this, dandyfopp.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Margo, you are being asked to show that YOU know.

Save    
queenmargo

Margo, you are being asked to show that YOU know.

LOL- you know I don't play those games. I dance to my own beat;))

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

IF the left on here think Soleimani is some great guy that needs to be tip toed around, how could one ever get them to believe the attacks took place, they would see them as some love tap, lol

Save    
dandyfopp

No one has said Soleimani was a great guy.

STOP.

This is not funny.

10 Likes Save    
Nana H

You miss the point. It Is not about taking him out

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

I did not miss your point Nana H. I know you are concerned about the motivation and the timing. We don't know that yet. Why can you not wait til it is explained.

Save    
Nana H

Oh I can wait until it is explained. You mean like Powell explained the WMD's ? Fool me once.....

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

The President's dementia has likely progressed to where he is unable to give an impromptu speech.

3 Likes Save    
Chi

I bet Trump is surprised that they retaliated. He's so used to bullying his way around.

I'm looking at it from Iran's perspective. They think of us as terrorists just as much as we think of them as terrorists (generally speaking). Imagine if Iran killed a high ranking US official and then threatened our national monuments if we dared retaliate. Everyone would be screaming to attack them. That's what we are facing.

Any blood spilled is on Trump's hands.

12 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

The attacks that iran has been pulling were begun and escalated *after* trump ripped up that treaty, so it's all still on him.

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

Not good that Trump cannot or will not address the American people and the world. Personally, I don't think he can get his emotional act together to convey a strong message to ALL Americans and the world. He only knows how to talk to his base.

5 Likes Save    
chipotle

queenmargo

Chipoltle- since I am basically the only right winger commenting on this thread, I sent your comment in. I found it inappropriate.

Margo, if you can defend Trump have at it. If not, I have no idea why you'd take issue with my comment. He is totally incompetent.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

We are not in a hot war with Iran.

----------------

Iranian forces have launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles against two military bases...

-------------

These two statements are not compatible on their face. I know the latter is true, ergo...

2 Likes Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

How many times does Iran have to strike here

IT NEVER FRIKKEN HAS!!!! STOP MAKING UP STUFF.

That's not to say it wont now.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

And just when you need it most, not only has the diplomatic corp been gutted by the trump administration, but so is the pentagon:

Eric Chewning, the Def Sec's chief of staff resigned yesterday. He is the 7th high-ranking pentagon official to quit or leave since Dec. 1, including 5 who left in a single week.

The miracle continues!

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Margo, if you can defend Trump have at it. If not, I have no idea why you'd take issue with my comment. He is totally incompetent.

LOL - good try! I know code;)

Save    
Ann

"Not good that Trump cannot or will not address the American people and the world. Personally, I don't think he can get his emotional act together to convey a strong message to ALL Americans and the world. He only knows how to talk to his base. "

Thanks for sharing:)

Save    
dandyfopp

Donnie is busy right now. I believe Hannity is on.

4 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

The little boy is tweeting.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Oh Hannity is over then?

Save    
Ann

"Welcome to a hot war with iran."

"hot war" is most definitely MSNBC's word of the night. By morning, I bet it will be the Dem word of the day and there will be some wonderful montages of it said hundreds of times on various media - all within hours.

3 Likes Save    
queenmargo

So no defense? That's what I thought.

How can I defend something that I don't have all the answers to YET.

Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,maifleur,others(8a)

Has there ever been a time in American history when a president lead us into war and the reasons weren’t crystal clear long beforehand?

That the prospect of war wasn’t discussed and debated and pondered and agonized over for weeks if not months?

I am not content that any person should begin a war and then say “I’ll tell you why later, I promise. There are Important Reasons but I just can’t be bothered tonight.”

8 Likes Save    
Delilah66

trump has the beginning of his surrender speech completed

Save    
HU-885118952

Ann, thanks for posting the Democrats' apparatchik's "hot take" on this. Seems like they all got the talking points memo.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"trump has the beginning of his surrender speech completed"

Wait, now you're expecting a "surrender" speech? I thought we were in a "hot war" that Trump started. Dems are spinning! What to predict, what to predict, what to predict - how to spin, how to spin, how to spin - OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! WE JUST MUST GET OUT IN FRONT OF THE NEWS. WE JUST MUST FIGURE OUT A WAY TO MAKE TRUMP LOOK REALLY, REALLY BAD. IF WE CAN'T BLAME HIM FOR A HOT WAR, WE SIMPLY MUST MAKE IT LOOK LIKE TRUMP IS SURRENDERING. TRUMP DID THIS FOR POLITICAL REASONS. OMG, OMG, WHAT DO WE SAY.

TDS ON STEROIDS!!!

4 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Whatever Nancy Pelsosi says, goes. She leads. They follow.

2 Likes Save    
maddie260

dt will talk with Hannity, Ingraham, Limbaugh, and wait for Fox and Friends to provide talking points for him. Only then, will he speak to his base and only his base.

Edited for clarity

1 Like Save    
chipotle

Save    
Ann

Or, we could just all say what a good thing it is Soleimani is dead, that Trump has demonstrated great restraint, and he acted just as he should have when a red line was crossed. Nah, that's too sensible.

5 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Wait, now you're expecting a "surrender" speech?

Ann, this is wishful thinking. We have about 67,000 servicemen in the Middle East. Their locations are known. When Iran wanted to actually do some damage they managed a very precise attack on Saudi oil installations. So if they wanted to kill Americans, they would have killed Americans. If what they did today is all that they are calling a "proportionate" response in "self-defense" and are saying they don't want war or escalation, they didn't call any bluff. They fired some missiles at sand to appease their citizens because they took Trump's threat seriously, that if they killed Americans our response would be disproportionate. Their foreign minister calling this innocuous attack "proportionate" is clearly backing down.

We killed their second man in command, a personal friend of their supreme leader, an idol in their country... and what they call "proportionate" is hitting some sand and not killing any Americans? LOL

They called our bluff? No, they just blinked and backed down.

Fortunately.

Now, keep it this way. This is the perfect opportunity to de-escalate.

They appeased and saved face, and didn't go over Trump's red line. Now, they'd better not be cute and attack us through proxies, because we'll know it's them.

3 Likes Save    
maddie260

What was the red line? Why isn’t the WH clear about the red line?

Save    
elvis

You missed the briefing? Me too. Go figure.

Save    
HU-885118952

Have you been paying attention to his tweets? His warning was clear.

Save    
maddie260

An imminent threat? He has always been an imminent threat! (As is dt- ha!)

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

There is something seriously wrong with this guy. No. Seriously.

So far so good? Ballistic missiles striking bases known to house US forces and so far so good??? All is well!!! ?????

SMH

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

Trump's tweet was measured and sensible. Yet, the "resistance" finds it a source of irritation.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

"What was the red line? "

American lives.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Written by Dan Scavino.

Save    
Kathy

All is Well, don’t worry. We have the biggest weapons in the world?

Save    
mudhouse

From the foreign minister of Iran, tonight. "Took and concluded proportionate measures..." "We do not seek escalation or war..."

That's a pretty fast transition, from yesterday's threats saying that even the least of their retaliation options would be a "historic nightmare" for the US, to tonight's statement.

Looks like Khameini needed to whip up the population into a frenzy of (apparent) grief over the loss of their terrorist general, and then they needed to save face by following up with the "official response" strikes tonight, that took no more American lives. Done and done.

If they are stupid enough to use proxy groups for further attacks on the US, they understand what the likely response would be.

1 Like Save    

“That's a pretty fast transition, from yesterday's threats saying that even the least of their retaliation options would be a "historic nightmare" for the US, to tonight's statement.”

Just like yesterday Donald Trump threatened to blow up world heritage sites, and tonight “all is well.” Lots of bloviating males thumping their chests yesterday.

I was just commenting to Husband how interesting it is that Iran is calmly quoting their justification under int’l law while we are still waiting for any speck of evidence that Soleimani posed such an immediate threat that he had to be taken out instantly with no warning to our allies or our hosts in Iraq. Meanwhile the President is missing in action for all practical purposes.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Oh, I've been busy mudhouse, and hadn't yet heard that news from Iran's foreign minister. Thanks for posting. Wouldn't that be something, if this so called "hot war" was already de-escalating? I guess we'll wait and see over upcoming weeks and we'll hear from the President in the morning, after the damage is thoroughly assessed tonight. Reading threads tomorrow should be most interesting.

1 Like Save    
Ann

HU, you bet that is a sensible tweet!

1 Like Save    
lily316

He'll speak tomorrow after Miller writes him a speech and his makeup artist and hair person is booked.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I wonder if sundowning kept him from speaking last night...

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Now he's claiming that his tweet *is* official notification to congress!

President Trump claimed Sunday that his tweets are sufficient notice to Congress of any possible U.S. military strike on Iran, in an apparent dismissal of his obligations under the War Powers Act of 1973.....

“These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner,” Trump tweeted from his Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla., late Sunday afternoon. “Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!” Source WaPo

And what about eric's tweet that something big was coming...should that too be sufficient notice to congress???

Save    
foodonastump

Annie - The Eric Trump thing was debunked, or at least legitimately called into question. He tweeted that as marines were on their way to respond to the embassy attacks.

Trump’s tweet last night, though in typical juvenile style, gave me hope. I think Iran showed significant restraint. Both sides have shown that they’re willing to strike, and we can leave it at that. Though I haven’t seen the damage, it doesn’t sound like it was severe enough to demand a military response. Both can tone it down and not lose face, IMO. I’ll give Trump credit if he relaxes.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I’ll give Trump credit if he relaxes.

And if he doesn't???

Save    
Nana H

I agree and will give him credit too if he relaxes and curbs the rhetoric. However, I still think his timing and motivation need to be questioned by Americans and the world.

This smells exactly like the Ukrainian issue to me. Done not for national and international security but for politically opportunistic reasons, impeachment and 2020.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

So trump throws a tantrum, kicks over the garbage can leaving a huge mess and gets credit for not kicking over any more garbage cans???

Yeah, Mom, be grateful your kid only broke one fragile heirloom and not the whole curio cabinet!

SMH

Save    
foodonastump

And if he doesn't???

Then I won’t.

Save    
foodonastump

Threw a tantrum? How about be killed a terrorist. If this doesn’t escalate into a war then he can claim success. We will still debate whether the reward was worth the risk. If it does escalate, of course the “not worth it” argument gets a lot stronger.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

If this doesn’t escalate into a war then he can claim success

Because the adults in other countries knew better than to escalate.

Save    
foodonastump

Actually the choice to de-escalate lies with him right now.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Just relax...It's just Iran attacking our military bases and embassies in sovereign nations and killing American civilians...Nothing to worry about.

Save    
foodonastump

Do you prefer a “stupid war”, lurker? To cap off all his golf days and everything else he accused Obama and others of doing and does himself?

Save    
queenmargo

I slept good last night.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

My bet there will be NO war.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Do you prefer a “stupid war”, lurker?

I'm 100% anti war. Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran - and get it over with.

Save    
foodonastump

So Margo you slept well being confident that there will be no war. I trust you’ll be critical if there is? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

1 Like Save    
lurker111

This could be a good chance for the Kurds to reclaim their homeland. I've always supported that idea.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

So Margo you slept well being confident that there will be no war. I trust you’ll be critical if there is? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I will assess that at the proper time.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

More LOLs.

Save    
Stan Areted

More comments on LOLs? ROTFLOL.

1 Like Save    
Ann

"So Margo you slept well being confident that there will be no war. I trust you’ll be critical if there is? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"

FOAS, sorry to see you decided to take your very reasonable conversation to this comment. This comment below was not directed at you (or anyone) and was a very reasonable comment in the context of the current conversation.

"My bet there will be NO war."

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

No Stan, no comments on LOL’s at all.

So, what’s the reaction to Trump’s announcement? To me the glaring omission was the detail on the imminent threat that started this whole thing. Eye roll for his attack on the Obama administration. But overall I thought he struck a tone about as good as I could have hoped for.

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

So, what’s the reaction to Trump’s announcement?

My assessment is that there will be NO war;)

Save    
Stan Areted

The truth is former presidents, particularly President Obama, rolled over and showed their bellies to Iranians, and Obama even threw money at them--LITERALLY--so they could continue with wholesale murder and terrorism.

The left should be grateful to President Trump, he doesn't kick a can down the road to save his political hide or self fabricated "legacy."

Save    
Kathy

Obama worked for years with Iran for a deal. Trump cancelled the deal and now we have chaos. Trump blames Obama? Now Trump wants a new deal? He’s crazy!

Save    
queenmargo

Obama worked for years with Iran for a deal.

and they thanked us with chanting "DEATH to AMERICA".

Save    
queenmargo

Trump cancelled the deal and now we have chaos.

Iran has been reeking chaos for ever.

Save    
queenmargo

. Trump blames Obama?

Good, he should. Obama passed when he had the opportunity.

Save    
queenmargo

Trump wants a new deal?

and he will probably get one in time.

Save    
queenmargo

He’s crazy!

If that is your version of crazy, bring on the crazy. Vote Trump 2020.

Save    
cecily 7A

Iran has been reeking chaos... Reeking?

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

See, there's this thing called diplomacy. You try it first. And if it doesn't work, then you do your best to do without working with the offensive country directly. You try to open lines of communication; you respect them. You don't kill them. But if it comes to that, then you have the diplomacy to let other world leaders and fellow USA leaders know what you are thinking rather than deciding things unilaterally. The Presidency is NOT a monarchy.

1 Like Save    
Jonnygun(zone 7)

Diplomacy, working with Iran since 1979...

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Johnnygun, See part III:

You don't kill them. But if it comes to that, then you have the diplomacy to let other world leaders and fellow USA leaders know what you are thinking rather than deciding things unilaterally.

1 Like Save    
Jonnygun(zone 7)

Many European countries continue to foster economic ties with Iran, despite US sanctions. Most of them being "allied" countries. If they can pursue their own interests, so can we.

What other US leaders are you referring to? Trumpet was well within the war powers act and I doubt dear Omar would refrain from speed dial...

Save    

Jonnygun the problem is that American allies are stationed in Iraq (edit) and they were all put in much higher danger, with no opportunity to prepare, because Donald couldn’t be bothered to give them a heads-up.

It doesn’t have to be US against the world. Trump can trust the US’s allies, and if he chooses not to it says something about him. What, I don’t know. Dementia can cause paranoia; so can drug abuse; so can past experience but I can’t think of any past experience that would make him mistrustful of Canada, UK, Germany, Australia. Can you?

Save    
Delilah66

“Most of them being "allied" countries.”

trump has no “allied” countries so those quotation marks are absolutely mandatory.

Save    
Delilah66

Oops! My mistake! Get rid of the quotation marks. He has Russia. Hmmm...that sounds wrong somehow. Russia has him?

Save    
Jonnygun(zone 7)

Lindsey, that is nonsensical. I will ass-u-me that you ment Iraq instead of Iran in your first paragraph when you wrote:

"...allies are stationed in Iran and they were all put in much higher danger, with no opportunity to prepare,..."

You are not presuming that Iraq was otherwise a "safe place" were you? Most likely any active operations were, by nature of the job, alert to attack. The remainder of the NATO troops were engage in training roles.

Trusting allies? Some perhaps, certainly not all. Mixed commands are notoriously leaky and the lead up to a "strategic recision" is very delicate, I would assume.

Save    

You’re right Jonnygun, it was a slip of the thumbs that lead to “Iran” instead of “Iraq.” I will go back and fix that.

Of course, it should be immediately clear by the qualifiers “much” and “-er” that I recognize the risk these allies faced already.

I also know (no need to assume) that certain actions create even higher risk situations. Actions like the assassination of a senior military officer on foreign soil, for example.

To repeat: I can’t think of any past experience that would make him mistrustful of Canada, UK, Germany, Australia. Can you?

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"It doesn’t have to be US against the world. Trump can trust the US’s allies, and if he chooses not to it says something about him."

Hmmm, okay, but let's keep it real.

US, 5000 troops in Iraq

Canada, 500 troops in Iraq

UK, 400 troops in Iraq

Germany, 120 troops in Iraq

Australia, 200 troops in Iraq

Save    
Ann

IMO, I'd like to see Trump pull all our troops out of Iraq.

1 Like Save    

Those 1300 lives are just as important as the 5000 Americans. So are all their civilian support teams.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

"Those 1300 lives are just as important as the 5000 Americans. So are all their civilian support teams."

No disagreement from me. Also, no disagreement from me that it doesn't "have to be US against the world". Again, I'd like to see Trump pull all our troops out of Iraq.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2019/11/10/5-italian-soldiers-wounded-by-roadside-explosion-in-iraq/

ROME — A roadside blast wounded five Italian military members Sunday in northern Iraq as they returned from a mission aimed at helping Iraqi troops combat the Islamic State group, Italian military officials said.

The Italian Defense Ministry said three of the wounded were in “grave condition” after the explosion.

Rear Adm. Fabio Agostini said the five — three members of the navy and two of the army — are part of a special forces team that was traveling back after a mission aimed at finding IS refuges.. . .

Italy currently has more than 800 regular soldiers and some 80 special forces in Iraq.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2020-01-07/france-not-planning-to-cut-troop-numbers-in-iraq-for-now-government-source

Armed Forces Minister Florence Parly said on Twitter that given the events in Baghdad, France had already reinforced security for its 160 soldiers stationed in Iraq.

https://www.novinite.com/articles/201076/Belgium+Returns+its+F-16+Fighter+Planes+to+the+Skies+over+Syria+and+Iraq

Belgium will resume the mission of its F-16 fighter planes over Syria and Iraq in the second half of next year, local media reported, citing a statement by Deputy Prime Minister Didier Reynders to parliamentary committees, BTA reported.

Since 2014, the Belgian contribution to the fight against ISIL terrorists has included the deployment of fighter jets over Syria and Iraq, as well as training of Iraqi security forces. The Belgian military is mainly involved in the execution of intelligence tasks. Belgium and the Netherlands alternate, sending and withdrawing pilots and machines engaged in the activities of the international coalition against ISIL in a few months. The two countries send one hundred troops and six fighters.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150206072946/http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/international/middle-east/60008-150204-king-abdullah-lands-in-jordan-following-murder-of-pilot

The Jordanian air force carried out air strikes against Islamic State targets in Mosul, killing 55 including a top IS commander known as the "Prince of Nineveh," Iraqi media reported Wednesday.

The strikes came just hours after Jordan's King Abdullah II vowed a "severe" response to IS after it burned alive a Jordanian fighter pilot captured in Syria.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/113365868/nz-troops-coming-home-from-iraq

Iraq currently has 95 New Zealand personnel stationed in Camp Taji where they are training Iraqi soldiers.

So add 880 + 160 + 100 + 95 to the 1300 troops. (Jordanian number unknown.)

it doesn't "have to be US against the world".

We can thank GWB-Cheney-Rumsfeld for the mess in Iraq.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Holidays The Anti-To-Do List: 10 Things You Don’t Need to Be Doing
Aren’t you busy enough? Give yourself a break and consider letting these tasks go
Full Story
Working With an Interior Designer 10 Things Decorators Want You to Know About What They Do
They do more than pick pretty colors. Here's what decorators can do for you — and how you can help them
Full Story
Contractor Tips Contractor Tips: Top 10 Home Remodeling Don'ts
Help your home renovation go smoothly and stay on budget with this wise advice from a pro
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Established in 1992, Armor Fence is a family-owned-and-operated business priding ourselves on providing the... Read More