SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
lauriemaiser

feeling sick about cabinet color

Laurie Maiser
2 years ago

So last year I toured a Parade of Homes house that I loved, and the cabinets and trim were all SW Creamy. So I went into our custom build positive I wanted this color (house was similar in style and has the same southern exposure for kitchen as our build).

The designer had the painter color match the cabinet sample for the trim, and it was too creamy, so we looked through the paint deck and found it was a good match for SW Pure White!!! The designer said that the lacquer finish they use on the cabinets changes the color a bit.

I am definitely more of an ivory/off-white person and I’m freaking out that our kitchen is going to be blindingly white, when all of my China, tableloths, etc. are ivory. Wishing I had understood this better so I could have made a more informed decision.

Love that I learn this when the cabinets are done. Thoughts or advice on Pure White? I’m clinging to the hope that perhaps this other new home also had lacquered cabinets and if I loved them there, I will still love them.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Best Homes
Average rating: 4 out of 5 stars1 Review
One stop for all your home remodeling needs!!