SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
tenisha_y_evans

NEED HELP decorating our new home!!

New Home
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

My family and I just closed on our new home mid-dec. We love the house but having a hard time getting it to flow. The first issue is that the paint color of the walls is SW Alpaca which a light grey but has a somewhat profound purplish undertone. It looks great with the white trim, but our kitchen cabinets are antique white with a creamy undertone. The second issue is that the fireplace is busy with mainly tan colors running through it. It does have hints of grey as well. The second issue is that the honey brown kitchen island doesnt really match the brown grayish floors. I ordered grey furniture from Restoration Hardware (that cant be return since it is being made custom) but now I'm not sure it'll match the house. It's like I'm trying to mix cool colors with the warm earth tones in the fireplace and granite. I was thinking about painting the cabinets a true soft white instead of antique white and refacing the fireplace to a solid light or dark grey marble. But then I'll prob have to change the kitchen cabinets and brass lighting which all seems costly. It I could simply paint the house a warm color that matches the fireplace and cabinets but then it may not match the modern gray furniture we ordered. I need help!!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Grow | Life Outdoors
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Loudoun County Landscape & Design Swimming Pool & Patio Construction