SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
irrelephantk

Need help selecting kitchen cabinets

irrelephantk
4 years ago

We have to come to a decision soon on our cabinets and island for our build. While I have always liked the look of all white cabinets, I fear that my family will be too hard on them, and I like the idea of a little warmth that wood would add. I thought a good compromise would be a two-tone kitchen with a wood-stained lower and white uppers.

At the top of the picture are two countertop options that are just ideas (Hanstone Montauk and Hanstone Bianco Canvas). The cabinet sample on the left is the wood stain I like the best next to the white sample. That's option 1, but I'm worried it will be too dark of a contrast from uppers to lowers? Option 2: We saw a model house yesterday with a kitchen that had the wood sample on the lowers and the grey sample (it's a warm grey but looks a little green-ish in the picture) on the uppers and I kind of like it, but at the same time, it seems "risky." Option 3: Go full wood stain. I worry that it will be too dark, but I could lighten up with light counters and backsplash.

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (61)