SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frank_vinominer

Please help with kitchen lighting dilemma. concrete beam.

Frank Schimel
4 years ago

I would greatly appreciate any lighting suggestions for my kitchen renovation. It is in an nyc building and I would like advice for the "work" area (island, entrance, ...) of the kitchen. I plan on LED under counter lights on sink facing wall, and lights in cabinet mounted vent above the range. I have a ceiling fixture near the entrance that can be used for a ceiling flush mount nearby (on same side of beam). Anything on the other side of the large beam in the middle of the island would require fir out the ceiling, which I want to minimize. All I can think of is a flush mount near the entrance fixture (not shown in drawings) and a white minimal track parallel to and on other side of beam (fir out where beam meets ceiling and get electric from wall), and a corner wall light by the pantry. (I already have a ceiling fixture that I am keeping on the dining side of the kitchen.) Please help. And, ignore, as best you can, the pendants that the architect drew in (the middle on is not even possible, unless I were to fir out the low hanging beam. Ceilings are max 9' tall.

lighting in kitchen · More Info

lighting in kitchen · More Info

Comments (10)