SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmr12017

Burled wood kitchen cabinets

kmr12017
4 years ago

Hi All,

We moved into our home 3 years ago and while I initially was CERTAIN a complete kitchen remodel would be in the future, now I am not so sure. After working in this kitchen I have come to appreciate the efficient size and wonderful craftsmanship of the custom cabinets. This kitchen is 20 years old and shows very little (if any) signs of wear and tear. The drawers are dovetailed and soft close and the lowers all have pull out shelves. The biggest dilemma I am having is the burled wood. This is definitely not my style (I have always dreamed of a white kitchen with sea pearl quartzite counter-tops) but I am hoping that with the right counter surface I can make it work. Painting the cabinets is not out of the question, however I am realistic enough to know paint will chip and wear and that I would be covering up something quite beautiful (but again, not my style). Please offer any advice or encouragement on what to do with this space.

For reference I tend to look to Serena & Lily and Urban Grace Interiors for design inspiration and my style is definitely more traditional than modern.

Comments (46)