SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arkansas_girl

Baked on grease splatter, this cleaner REALLY works!

arkansas girl
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I have seen this mixture of products given as a cleaner for baked on grease on pans and such. It seemed kind of unlikely so I never tried it. I finally tried it today and low and behold, it DOES WORK! OK so what's this mysterious mixture...baking soda and peroxide. I have this favorite oven thermometer that's very accurate but it had gotten so splattered with grease from being in the oven over the years that I couldn't see the face of it anymore. I have tried it all and nothing would clean it, I even tried goo gone, a straight edge razor etc etc. So, this morning I made a paste of a small amount of baking soda and just enough peroxide to wet it. I spread it on the face of the thermometer and covered it with plastic wrap. Left it on for several hours and wiped it off and it is completely clean. It is like that grease just melted away. It worked better than putting stuff in ammonia fumes over night! I am going to try this next to clean my burner bibs on my stove. Then I will use it to clean my oven! I'm sounding quite ambitious! HA! I seriously couldn't believe my eyes! This stuff was not budging with anything else that I had tried..OH, I have even used acetone! HA!

Comments (25)