SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ga99

finding the right light bulbs??

ga99
4 years ago

Sorry the image is sideways. Here is our dining room light with no bulbs. It says they are medium base and recommends 60watt. There are 10 of them. I just can't imagine using something that high. I have looked and most that come in multiple packs for dining lights are too low in wattage. I just don't know what to use or where to find lights.

We also are having an issue with the living room lights. We did a major renovation to our house and the electricians installed 6 can lights in the living room. They keep blowing. We had another electrician come in and he said they may be running too hot and we need to try LED lights before we pay him to troubleshot it. We cannot find LEDs that work either. He recommended using a flatter bulb and we can only find ones that work outside (they look like a 2" bulb, they are made for 4" cans).

I also don't want anything too yellow, especially for the dining light. I know the edison bulbs would look good in it, but I am looking for a white/cool white look.

Any suggestions on colors, where to look, and wattage for the dining lights??

Comments (15)