What book would you give ?

yoyobon_gw

Choose one person in history and tell us what book would you give them ?

The person can be dead or alive....the book can be old or a new release .

SaveComment11Like
Comments (11)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roxanna7

I'd give Galileo any book with superb photos of what the Hubble telescope has seen. Wouldn't he be fascinated?!! (To say nothing of feeling vindicated.)

3 Likes Save    
vee_new

yoyo, off the top of my head I'd give Hitler, Stalin et al books about the outcome of WW11 so they would realise there was no point starting it. Of course being the sort of people they were they would probably consider the information to be fake-news (where have I heard that expression before?) and not bother to read them.

Possibly do the same for those Medieval Popes who encouraged people to go on the Crusades.

4 Likes Save    
yoyobon_gw

I'd give Attila The Hun a copy of Ill Gotten Gain by Ralph Jarrells

Save    
msgt800

I would give "Changing Places" to who I know

Save    
sheri_z6

I would give Emily Dickinson a copy of her complete poems so she would know that her writing ultimately reached the world.

4 Likes Save    
yoyobon_gw

To one of my messiest friends......The Big Tidy Up by Norah Smaridge

Save    
kathy_t

This is a great topic, yoyobon! I just haven't come up with an answer yet. Fun reading others' answers though.

Save    
Rosefolly

I'm with Kathy. I find this intriguing, and I am pondering it. I do love Sheri's response.

2 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Sheri, your thoughtful response is wonderful. I am thinking....

Perhaps I would give Wm. Shakespeare some of the modern day works that have analysed his poetry and plays to kingdom come and back (e.g. who was the "Dark Lady"? etc.) He might be amused at we mortals....

1 Like Save    
donnamira

Sheri, I immediately thought of giving Emily Dickinson a copy of her published poetry as well! In the same vein, I would give Vincent Van Gogh a copy of Irving Stone's Lust for Life, and perhaps a catalog of the Musee d'Orsay holdings. And I wonder what Newton would make of Einstein's papers.

1 Like Save    
carolyn_ky

In this vein, I would give Leonardo da Vinci a copy of How Airplanes Fly by Mary Roach.

4 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides It’s National Book Month — Give Your Reading Spot Some Love
Let these cozy nooks and light-washed corners inspire you to make your reading space special
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: 20 Coffee Table Books for Design Lovers
Set out these beautiful books or give them as gifts to spread the joy of entertaining, art and style
Full Story
12 Ways Art and Books Can Tell Your Story
Your home may be the ultimate blank canvas. Give every room meaning with books and artwork that speak to you
Full Story