SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlsch

Please, help me design my living room

jlsch
4 years ago

I have just finished painting and carpeting my living room and just starting to put it back together. This room was rarely used and I'd like to use it more for reading and conversations. No tv. Unfortunately I can't afford to change out the dated railing, so it was simply cleaned up and repainted. I'd like to add in some color - dark blue, perhaps in chairs. I do have a pair of King Hickory club chairs that are dated, and have thought about whether they might be worth re-upholstering. They are smaller and fit me well, and are comfortable which is important to me - but unsure if the quality warrants it. I would also consider buying new. One of the problems with this room is that it is 14X17' and has many entrances to the room as you can see in the photos. So I think coming in the front door means walking through the middle of furniture placement. I'm not a big entertainer, so in general this isn't an issue, but does affect the flow/plan. I'm also a plant lover, and this room has great light, so that will be a part of the plan. I'll add photos next. It' a gloomy day so not great light in photos, but give you an idea. I also forgot to add... I'm not a huge fan of recessed lights, and wondering if I could get away with a central, flush light and lamps given the purpose of the room....or if recessed lights are best. Thanks much for any assistance!

Comments (7)