SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_dameron

Living room troubles! Keep it neutral or go with color?

Sarah Dameron
2 years ago

I am a renter but I do plan to paint my living room- probably a creamy white.

I made the mistake of purchasing a couple of chairs online two years ago and they were HUGE and WAY too blue (I expected dark navy).

I love my sofa and that's about it! I sold the blue chairs and the red rug, and will trade my framed art for something with creamier undertones instead of such a bright white OR one piece of oversized art. I'll also get a new (smaller, round) coffee table- either black or concrete.

I am also waiting on a Loloi Layla in charcoal & olive to arrive in a couple of days (pictured in the collage) but can always use it in a bedroom!

I need help choosing chairs and a color palette! I'm torn between neutral furniture or a pop of color in the chairs! My hesitation with neutral chairs is worry about them getting dirty (I foster dogs and have 3-5 dogs in my house at one time) but I LOVE the shearling chairs on trend right now. I also would like to have swivel chairs because renting means I need highly versatile furniture for when I inevitably move again. HELP!!!!

Chair #1, chair #2, or the shearling chair? The 4th and 5th pics are my living room recently and the last pic is of my dream living room.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
D. A. Dunlevy
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Washington DC's Distinguished Landscape Architecture & Design Firm