SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_dameron

Living room troubles! Keep it neutral or go with color?

Sarah Dameron
4 years ago

I am a renter but I do plan to paint my living room- probably a creamy white.

I made the mistake of purchasing a couple of chairs online two years ago and they were HUGE and WAY too blue (I expected dark navy).

I love my sofa and that's about it! I sold the blue chairs and the red rug, and will trade my framed art for something with creamier undertones instead of such a bright white OR one piece of oversized art. I'll also get a new (smaller, round) coffee table- either black or concrete.

I am also waiting on a Loloi Layla in charcoal & olive to arrive in a couple of days (pictured in the collage) but can always use it in a bedroom!

I need help choosing chairs and a color palette! I'm torn between neutral furniture or a pop of color in the chairs! My hesitation with neutral chairs is worry about them getting dirty (I foster dogs and have 3-5 dogs in my house at one time) but I LOVE the shearling chairs on trend right now. I also would like to have swivel chairs because renting means I need highly versatile furniture for when I inevitably move again. HELP!!!!

Chair #1, chair #2, or the shearling chair? The 4th and 5th pics are my living room recently and the last pic is of my dream living room.

Comments (7)