SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turfmeetssurf

Help! Quartz that I ordered is different color than what was installed

turfmeetssurf
4 years ago

We recently bought a brand new home (nes construction) and decided we would do our own flooring and countertops after we close because we weren’t certain with our color choices and it felt too rushed during the build process. Besides, I knew I could contract for less than what builder was charging.

Fast forward you closing, and we got our flooring done and it looks beautiful! However when it cane time for the installation of the countertops being that I have two small children I basically just let them in and got out the door for the day to be out of their way with the little ones.

Well, that proved to be a bad idea as I came home and the countertops were different than I remembered. I shook it off as it had been a long day. When my husband got home, he immediately said these are not what we ordered. Panic mode sank in quickly and I started to pull out my samples and work order to confirm the right color was ordered. Indeed, I did order the right color. However, what was installed was a super white with grey undertones quartz whereas the one I asked for is more creamy with neutral undertones.

the problem is this, the distributor is saying a dye lot variance. I know when I took the sample from them at the time I placed my order I matched it to the slab and I even took multiple samples to ensure I had a good representation. I actually put two colors on hold but never saw them physically Pavle the bundles for me.

After a couple weeks of contemplating on color I went with the creamy one called white sand.

my fabricator was not in any way involved in the selection or payment of the slabs. I dealt directly with the distributor and feel that they should be responsible for not only the cost of my slabs but also the labor and fabrication.

I am unhappy with the slabs that were sent. I never in a million years would have dreamed that they wouldn’t match and be this far off. While they are beautiful, it does not go with the rest of my house! Everything in my house is very neutral and beige.

I’m so upset! just wondering if anybody has any sound advice to spread. I am meeting with manager in my home tomorrow, but I’m almost certain that they will continue telling me it’s a dye lot variance.

if that was the case, wouldn’t they at least be in the same color family? The one I asked for is in the beige/taupe family and the one they provide is in the blue/grey family (white with grey undertones). I actually had a colorist come look at it.

And by the way, when I go to the warehouse and get a color sample of the quartz I wanted it is the same as my sample not the same as what was installed. And the kicker is this slab is in one of the models for my development and looks completely different. it has the creamier tones.

Help!!!!

Comments (40)