SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenhaefeli63

ISO mudroom paint color with variegated brown tile

J H
4 years ago

Hello helpful Houzzers,

Trying to finalize paint colors for our whole house for new construction. Most of the house will be in blues and greens and is south facing, but I have been thinking warmer colors for the mudroom, foyer and hallways which are on the north side of the house. Is that a mistake? I'm also struggling to identify those colors and I don't love neutrals (grays, beige).

I wanted to start with the mudroom so I could build the foyer/hallways colors from what I select there. The mudroom will have a variegated brown tile, as seen in the photo. (It looks a little darker in real life.) Mudroom has one east facing window. Built in cubbies can really be painted any color, but I had been thinking SW Dover White to match kitchen cabinets and really to keep from selecting another color. (Kitchen is not viewable from mudroom, so other cabinet color suggestions welcome here too.) The space is currently just plastered walls, so I don't have finished photos to share.

We will be using Benjamin Moore paint. I have been leaning toward creams, or orangey/yellow undertones but am having a hard time identifying the right color. The trim in the house is Chantilly Lace.

Any suggestions or tips?

Many thanks.

Comments (6)