SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
macd27988

Galley Kitchen Advice

macd27988
4 years ago

I'm looking to spruce up my kitchen and was hoping to get some advice from you folks that are much better at this than my wife and me. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Originally my wife and I were thinking to do a full kitchen remodel removing walls, new cabinets, appliances etc.. However, unfortunately, we just don't know how long we'll be in this house and it'll never be our dream house no matter what we do in terms of renovations, so we are thinking to do something lower scale. That said, we might very well be here 5-7 more years (or could be 1 year for that matter), and we'd like to give the kitchen a touch nicer. Nothing specific, since we are terrible with design stuff - we just want a nicer spot to cook. We're giving ourselves a budget of $10k, but don't need to spend all of it if it isn't worth it.

We're debating whether or not to remove the pantry to open it a little to the living room, but then we don't have a great spot for our TV (which would probably have to be hung on the load bearing wall, not sure if that's weird or not). We haven't gotten this costed out yet either so maybe it's not within our budget anyway. We're OK with the floors (newer), cabinets (repainted good color), and appliances (newer). Countertops need to go and some kind of backsplash.

If this was your kitchen and you had $10k budget, what would you do?

I'm attaching some pictures. I appreciate any tips or advice!

Galley kitchen with entrances both sides. Other side of load bearing wall is pantry (that isn't used much)

Pantry view and adjoining non-load bearing wall

Other side of non-load bearing wall is pantry. Living room is small, so only spot for TV is either non-load bearing or load bearing wall pictured below.

Comments (11)