SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_647860647

need to add color to dining room

V Smith
4 years ago

I'd like to add some blue/teal as an accent color to my dining room to match the blue/teal that's in the curtains. I was thinking of getting a pair of teal curtains to go inside the gray patterned ones for the sliding doors. Would that be overkill? I have another pair of the gray patterned curtains that need to be hemmed shorter for the window. If I do blue/teal curtains in the middle of the gray ones for the sliding doors, should I do that for the window also?

Also, I'm working on this mirrored shelf thing. The water globe on the top left is temporary while I look for something that goes with the rest of it. I was thinking about getting a set of tiny vases, maybe one with one or more of the set in teal. Would that look ok with everything else I've got there? Do the other things look like they go together? Also thinking about getting a teal planter for the pathos plant on the buffet. I haven't found the right picture to hang in the space to the left of the smaller window.

Also wondering if I did a decent job of balancing out the gray and cream for this room. There's a lot of dark with the wainscotting and trim and dark table set so I wanted the cream to balance it out a little. (This is our homeschool area as well as our dining room so some pieces like the desk and small rug by the buffet are there for function more than looks.)

Comments (98)