SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbara_cano

Half-wall in bathroom

Barbara C
4 years ago

We are in the process of building a house and I am not sure about putting a half-wall between the vanity and the toilet. To the right of the sketch is the bonus room over the garage, with views of a marsh, where we will put a large tv. I envision using this room fairly often, especially watching sports events with friends. Just outside the bathroom will be a “bar”, (liquor below, glass doors for wine and beer glasses above), and there will be a sink in the dormer at the bottom of the photo. The tub will rarely be used.

The toilet is in another dormer space, this one within the bathroom; the full wall between the toilet and vanity is 12” deep, so the toilet will stick out quite a bit. My builder wasn’t especially enthusiastic about the half-wall because he feels they can be awkward, especially the piece on top. I envision the top of the half-wall having the same material as the top of the vanity- some type of stone. The width of the vanity, tub, and windowed wall in the dormer are each five feet.

This may be far too much detail, but my question is: would a half wall be a good- or bad- idea? I would appreciate any advice.

Comments (37)