SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ocluke

Blind Corner Showdown: Rev-a-Shelf vs Hafele Magic Corner 1 and 2

Luke Hagenbach Real Estate
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Blind corners are the great unknown of kitchen cabinetry. We have half-moons, peanut and cloud shaped articulating pull-outs, and "magic" go-go-gadget options like what I'm inquiring about here. The goal of all of these contraptions is to make the highest and best use of what would otherwise be dead space, or at least very difficult to access without cussing and screaming space.

It seems like Hafele and Rev-a-Shelf each have options that they claim are the ultimate use of the space. Rev-a-Shelf has several optimizers. Hafele has the Magic Corner I and Magic Corner II, of which there are similar options for the Rev-a-Shelf.

Do you have experience with either or both of these designs?

Do they actually utilize the entire space? Some images or videos seem to show they leave a decent amount of dead space, or that the extra hardware to move all of this trickery around eats up a bit of room.

I'm particularly interested in being able to store a full size Kitchen-Aid down there, but it seems the shelves do not hold much weight or might not be very tall.

So what say you? Please, chime in with a comment and share your vast knowledge and insight. Let's settle this once and for all.

Comments (6)