Hunter Biden Wants To Keep His Finances Private During Paternity Suit
We bet he does! Why? Because--get this--he thinks the media and Quid Pro Quo Joes opponents would use it maliciously!
Report: Hunter Biden Wants To Keep His Finances Secret In Paternity Suit
OTTAWA BUREAU CHIEF
November 30, 20193:17 PM ET
Hunter Biden reportedly wants his personal financial records to be kept secret while he’s engaged in a child support suit in order to avoid further embarrassment.
Biden is arguing that the information could be used “maliciously” by the media and opponents of his father, former Vice President Joe Biden, the Daily Mail reported Friday.
Biden is in the midst of a child support claim by a woman who was reportedly a former Washington stripper. His lawyers filed the legal motion on Wednesday, the Daily Mail said Friday. They claim Biden’s personal information could result in “undue prejudice, annoyance, embarrassment, and/or oppression” due to their client’s high public profile.
Biden’s work on behalf of Burisma holdings continues to be the focus of both those seeking to impeach President Donald Trump and his allies who argue the younger Biden was appointed to the company’s board of directors so he could “protect” them from investigation.
Hunter Biden has proclaimed that he has no regrets for taking the position.
“The likelihood that [Biden’s] private records will be used in an inappropriate or malicious manner for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with these proceedings is exceedingly high and should not be tolerated by the court,” the filing reads. “Due to the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the parties involved in this matter, it is in the interest of justice and necessary for a Protective Order to be in place,” Biden’s attorney stated, according to the Mail.
Although Biden denied a relationship, a DNA test has affirmed with “scientific certainty” that he is the father of Lunden Alexis Roberts’ child. Roberts’ suit is seeking $11,000 in legal fees and ongoing child support, the Mail reported.
Despite making millions while sitting on the board of Burisma, Biden claims to be unemployed, financially strained and living with “significant debts” from his 2017 divorce from Kathleen Biden.
Joe Biden has refused to comment on his son’s current paternity issues. When questioned by Fox News on the matter, the Democratic presidential candidate said it was a “private matter” and declined to elaborate.
EXCLUSIVE: Hunter Biden blows off court hearing over child support as his lawyer abruptly quits while glam baby mama Lunden Roberts leaves court after judge demanded three years of tax returns from ex-VP's troubled son
- Hunter Biden's baby mama Lunden Roberts was seen for the first time since filing her paternity suit against Hunter Biden in an Arkansas court on Monday
- Biden's lawyer, who was representing him in his case against Roberts, abruptly quit during the hearing DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal
- Biden was not in the second-floor courtroom in Batesville, Ark. when his attorney Dustin McDaniel quit
- But Roberts, 28, was sitting in the front row wearing black heels, a black zip-up jacket and white stripe pants
- Biden is said to have met Roberts when she was a stripper working in a 'gentlemen's club' in Washington D.C
- Judge Don McSpadden said he would need at least three years of Biden's tax returns before he could reach a decision on support for the child
- The court hearing came days after DailyMail.com revealed Biden filed a motion for a Protective Order of his financial records last week
- Roberts is suing Biden for $11K in legal fees as well as child support payments
PUBLISHED: 12:06 EST, 2 December 2019 | UPDATED: 16:37 EST, 2 December 2019