ANOTHER Republican to plead guilty....

maddie260

Duncan Hunter, R Congressman, CA, to plead guilty to campaign finance violation. Who didn't see this coming down Main Street on a float- another failson!

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/02/rep-duncan-hunter-to-change-not-guilty-plea-on-campaign-finance-violations-074763

SaveComment22Like3
Comments (22)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maddie260

Among the many violations are $500 to transport the pet rabbit- talk about entitled! Failson anyone?

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

He's been a busy boy!

~

"Federal prosecutors described the Hunters as so mired in debt that they had less than $1,000 in their bank account from 2009 to 2017 and owed money to stores such as Macy's and Home Depot. The Hunters had begun falling behind on their children's school tuition and missed numerous mortgage payments.

"It explains why he himself used campaign funds to buy everything from cigarettes to gadgets to groceries to getaways — things he wanted but could not afford to buy with his own money,” prosecutors alleged in one filing.

Hunter — who has developed a reputation on Capitol Hill for drinking heavily and carousing — was also accused of routinely using campaign cash to finance numerous affairs."

~

I don't hear the GOP bragging about their party's "family values" any more. I wonder why.

Kate

3 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

accused of routinely using campaign cash to finance numerous affairs.

Do tell!

(He can claim that he is following Trump's example.)

So when is Hunter going to resign? Like yesterday would be wonderful.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

I don't hear the GOP bragging about their party's "family values" any more. I wonder why.

It was all garbage.

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

He just needs to pay back a small percentage...just like Omar.

Save    
sushipup1

His father, also a congressman, was a jerk, as well.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Guess he finally realized his wife wasn't going to help him.

Save    
Delilah66

“ So when is Hunter going to resign? Like yesterday would be wonderful.”

I hope it’s in time for the March special election. There would be 2 vacant seats. The 25th is iffy for a Dem replacement. What does the 50th look like? Anyone from CA care to comment?

Save    
Carro

There is family values in facing the music, as an example to his kids. Pleading guilting, not abusing the system, not evading consequences was the right thing to do. Not surprised the Trump-hating Left wouldn't recognize this.

Save    
Delilah66

Surprised the trump loving right values facing the music and the consequences. The disguise is transparent.

2 Likes Save    
Carro

Delilah66

Surprised the trump loving right values facing the music and the consequences.

You shouldn't be and you're lack of recognizing an act of contrition and acceptance of consequences is telling.

Save    
Delilah66

Carro, there is some truth in “an act”. He finally realized he was in a hole and threw down his shovel. Very uncharacteristic of RWers.

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

He is being charged with campaign violation--and he feels "contrite" now that he has been forced to face the consequences.

Kate

1 Like Save    
Carro

No, Kate, you seem to misunderstand his choices. He could have pleaded not guilty. He made a better choice.

Save    
Chi

There is family values in facing the music, as an example to his kids. Pleading guilting, not abusing the system, not evading consequences was the right thing to do. Not surprised the Trump-hating Left wouldn't recognize this.

Or....the left thinks the right thing to do was not to illegally misuse campaign funds in the first place. But I can understand - the Republicans are committing crimes so frequently that it must seem very normal to the right, and I guess they just don't have too many other options to teach their kids family values.

1 Like Save    
Carro

3/4 of the "squad" are under investigation for campaign violations.

2 Likes Save    
catspa_zone9sunset14

"Family values" -- snicker. What about the five mistresses? Considering how little honor and concern for his family Hunter displayed in the past, I sort of doubt that "being an example to his kids" is any part of his intent now...

The DOJ’s motion lists five women, “Individuals 14-18,” who were lobbysts, staffers, and aides; Hunter entertained these women with everything from dinners to ski vacations to golf outings – and all the Uber rides in between. Each time, the campaign paid, and as the court docs put it, “carrying out all these affairs did not come cheap.”source

2 Likes Save    
Carro

How much has Katie Hill paid TWO people she was sleeping with? How much money did AOC pay her BF and how much is Omar's lover getting from her campaign?

And what about Baltimore's Democrat ex- Mayor?? Did she enter a guilty plea? Yes. Were you all over her?

Save    
Carro

How much "bonus" campaign cash did Katie Hill pay her campaign worker who was servicing her?

And she's running around (clothed, thankfully) on her victim tour!

Save    
millworkman

"3/4 of the "squad" are under investigation for campaign violations."

Where is the LEFT on this?

2 Likes Save    
sushipup1

There is family values in facing the music, as an example to his kids.
Pleading guilting
(sic), not abusing the system, not evading consequences was
the right thing to do.

Something Trump would never recognize.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

There is family values in facing the music...

Oh you mean like the family values of blaming it all on your wife, including all the money you were spending on your chippies?

Hours after appearing in court, Hunter told Fox News his wife was in charge of finances. “She handled my finances throughout my entire military career, and that continued on when I got into Congress. She was also the campaign manager, so whatever she did, that’ll be looked at too, I’m sure,” he said. “But I didn’t do it. I didn’t spend any money illegally.”

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 10 Ways to Work Through Grief Triggers During the Holidays
A year after losing her sister, it’s time to face another holiday. Here’s how one woman is dealing with the loss and finding joy again
Full Story
Your First House So You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
Most Popular From Queasy Colors to Killer Tables: Your Worst Decorating Mistakes
Houzzers spill the beans about buying blunders, painting problems and DIY disasters
Full Story