Blender that you are happy with...??

always1stepbehind

Something better than a $20. blender but isn't a couple hundred dollars++ like a Vitamix. For making smoothies.

SaveComment20Like
Comments (20)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333 (zone 7a)

My son loves smoothies, and I bought him a crappy blender until he proved he was going to stick with it. He wanted a Ninja forever. Finally got it. It comes with the regular carafe and two smoothie "glasses" that fit the base. We love it. He gets his vitamins and minerals, I get bellinis and margaritas :/ It never gets that frozen-stuck-and-won't-go-until-you-get-the-bubbles-to-go-so-it'll-move-again problem. We either got it at Walmart or Target. Here's a link to ours on Best Buy.

1 Like Save     Thanked by always1stepbehind
nicole___

Mines a KItchenaid. LOVE IT! Kitchenaid sells refurbished ones....cheap! $64 see KItchenaid in this link Free shipping. I've had mine about 10 years. I go on a smoothie kick every Summer. It has a "crush ice" setting.

Save     Thanked by always1stepbehind
sheilajoyce_gw

Over 50 years ago, we bought a Waring. Maybe it was called an Oster Waring. I have replaced the "pitcher," which was glass and broke, with a plastic one. It is still going strong.

Save    
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

We have been using NutriBullet blenders for years. My husband and I both make a green 'sludgie' nearly every day with lots of leafy greens, fresh and frozen fruit and these little machines deliver flawlessly. They are super easy to clean, too.

The unit is very small; designed for individual use. It pulverizes all manner of fruits and veggies, plus seeds, too.

However, that's about all they do. It operates on one speed.

Save    
Lars

I bought an Oster Pro 1200 for our vacation house, and it is great for making smoothies. It even has a "frozen smoothie" button that you push for making smoothies, and then it goes through a series of speeds that make a perfect smoothie using ice cubes. You have to leave it alone and let it finish the cycle by itself, however. I has other buttons as well, but I got just to make smoothies and Margaritas. It's $60 at Amazon. It does just as good a job of making smoothies as my Vitamix blender and is actually easier to use and clean.

Save    
joann_fl

Ninja for sure! it was cheap too at Walmart some years ago

Save    
always1stepbehind

I was leaning towards a Ninja since I don't want to spend on a Vitamix or Blendtec.

Save    
cherryfizz

I bought an Instant Pot Ace Blender. Love it.

Save    
lisa_fla

We have a ninja touchscreen. It works much better than the kitchenaid

we had Nothing ever jams. Bought it on a whim when I saw it marked down on amazon.

1 Like Save    
DawnInCal

Love my Ninja! When I make smoothies, it never leaves chunks of ice and they are so smooth it's almost like ice cream.

1 Like Save    
Bluebell66

We have both a Ninja and Nutribullet and they would both be great for making your smoothies. I prefer the Nutribullet slightly because it’s smaller to handle and clean.

Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

I have a Nutribullet (the original 600W version, they now have a more powerful version out there and a full sized blender version also). I use it for smoothies, and also to puree soup. It has another blade for making oat or nut flour also.

I am really happy with it - it can incorporate a raw carrot into the smoothie without leaving chunks. I've had mine for a couple of years without any issues - I suspect that it is very important to pay attention to the "max fill" line, and to let the blade assembly air dry thoroughly (I never put it into the dishwasher for fear of water being forced into the interior) after cleaning.

The nutribullet website has a 25% discount offer right now, which would bring the price of my model down to $35, and the full sized blender to $75.

1 Like Save    
Debby

Mine is an Oster that I've had over 20 years. I made sure the carafe was glass, not plastic. It makes good smoothies.

1 Like Save    
breenthumb

I love my Ninja. Its just the simple round one with the motor on top and 2 different size pitchers. The three levels of blades make so much sense. I see they sell for around $40, which is what I paid.

Wish we'd had it back when we were making frozen daiquiris.

Save    
wantoretire_did

I am also using a Waring we bought in 1961, still with the very heavy glass pitcher and separate ice crusher. Breen, I think we made every possible daiquiri back then!

Save    
phoggie

I am pleased with my KitchenAid.

Save    
OutsidePlaying

This is a timely thread. I almost started one a week or so ago because it’s been on my mind to replace our old and aging NutriBullet. It is our second one and DH and I use it almost daily for protein and veggie/fruit shakes.

I looked at VitaMix and Ninja, and was strongly leaning to Ninja. I had not really realized NB made a blender sized device until I read here and received an email with a 25% off code. I’m asking my personal Santa to drop on off for Christmas this year. I can now get rid of two appliances and use just this one for many purposes since it has the 64 oz pitcher. Thanks to everyone for their comments.

1 Like Save    
joanmn

Ninja here, too. But do not put the blade in the dishwater, then forget and reach in the soapy water and hit it with your finger. That thing is like an ice auger. Now I use the method of putting water and a drop of dish soap in the blender and turning it on (as directed in the book.

But it crushes ice cubes right up. Very powerful.

1 Like Save     Thanked by always1stepbehind
breenthumb

Wantoretire, that's exactly what we used, big old heavy glass pitcher w separate ice crusher. It was still going strong, so I gave it to my daughter whose husband seems to have bad luck with blender pitchers.

Save    
jane__ny

Ninja with the motor on top. It comes with three different size containers. I use the small container as a chopper and chop onions, garlic, carrots, etc. I keep the motor on the kitchen counter and use it for all three containers. Perfect frozen drinks and smoothies. I mostly use the medium size container for smoothies and the larger (blender size) for frozen cocktails or milkshakes.

This is the best machine I've ever owned. I've had it for years and was afraid they'd discontinue it so I bought a new set to leave in the closet in case my old one quits!

I throw it in the dishwasher and so far have not sliced my hand!

Look in Bed Bath & Beyond, use a coupon and you could get it in the 30 dollar range. I've seen it on QVC a while back but I think you can get it cheaper at Bed/Bath.

Save     Thanked by always1stepbehind
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Product Picks Guest Picks: Wedding Gifts They’ll Cherish
By Gloria
Let someone else buy the blender. These are wedding gifts the happy couple will really love to have and to hold
Full Story
Bedrooms Having a Design Moment: The Bedroom
See 11 ways to add something special to this all-important room
Full Story
Storage How to Organize Your Specialty Kitchen Storage Areas
After organizing your everyday items, plan specialized stations to make kitchen work easier
Full Story