SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blazedog37

QMotion Motorized Blinds - Great Customer Service

Helen
4 years ago

Most frequently people post to express dissatisfaction with something and fail to give credit when a company comes through with excellent customer service.

My recent experience with QMotion was great and I highly recommend their product line for anyone purchasing motorized shades.

I purchased QMotion on the advice of my designer who said their products were high quality but at a much better price point than the more widely known brands like Hunter Douglas. She does quite a bit of commercial work.

I originally ordered their QSynch which operates on an RF mode - like baby monitors and cordless phones. The shades were behaving in a completely erratic mode as they would work and then stop working. My designer came out quite a few times and her husband (the electronic maven) would reprogram and they would work briefly only to start acting erratically again. The company sent a new QSynch on the premise that it was a hardware issue but that also failed to work consistently. Very frustrating.

QMotion thought the issue then was that there was some source that was interfering with the RF signals. Even though I don't have a cordless phone or a baby monitor, the source of interference could be coming from a neighbor. At any rate, they sent me their more expensive control which operates on Zigbee which uses my Wifi system instead of transmitting RF. It works beautifully and the iPhone App is great - I can control individual shades or groupings etc.

So great service in terms of solving the problem and providing me with the upgraded model.

Comments (3)