SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

How was YOUR week?

Jasdip
4 years ago

I missed 2 exercise classes week before last because my knee hurt so much I literally couldn't go down the stairs without crying. I live on the top floor of a triplex. So squats and hovers etc weren't going to cut it for me.

I went last week and as soon as I walked in I was accosted by 4 members all at once who wanted to know where the heck I was! LOL It was hilarious! Vitamin B12, glucosamine, and other things were advised, but I'm holding off till I see the dr and see what she recommends. I'm already taking C D E calcium/mag and omega 3-6-9. I hate taking pills of any kind, and I'd like to hold off from taking more if possible.

A few weeks ago I was eating popcorn and bang! I bit a kernel and broke a tooth. It didn't hurt at all, but the bottom of it was rough. I knew I was getting a cleaning last week, so I just left it for them to look at. It was one the dr had filled a few months ago.

The dr and his wife (team) were stunned there was no pain whatsoever. It was split right in half right up to the root. So out it came. No charge, as he put it down as a repair to what was done previously.

She said if I had any pain, to take tylenol or advil, etc. but she figured I'd be okay if I was painless till now. LOL. I did take advil that night from pain and even the next morning I had a headache.

I've since purchased hull-free popcorn, so I'll see what that's like, or I can just stick with my chips! No danger there. :-)

I roasted a chicken last weekend, because of all the Thanksgiving posts! I used up the leftovers quickly, with one meal the same as the dinner, and the rest into quesadillas and chicken salad. I put curry and turmeric in the chicken salad and it was delicious! I made chicken salad twice, once in a pita and the other to have with crackers and cheese. I could easily have had more leftover chicken, I'd make more quesadillas. So I might have to buy a turkey now that they're on sale, just for leftovers.

Yesterday was a day of freezing rain, ice pellets and snow. Parts of Ontario was without electricity. As I knew it was coming, I made it a snow day by making bread, pie pastry (one for quiche and the rest in the freezer) then spent the afternoon bingeing Sons of Anarchy.

Comments (12)