Your Vehicle of the Future

dublinbay z6 (KS)

Here it is--the new electric Cybertrucks manufactured by Tesla Inc. (Elon Musk). Will only cost you between $49,900 and $69,900, and you will quickly get your costs back because the Cybertruck requires little maintenance and no gasoline to operate.

What do you think? In terms of appearance, I think it looks really cool--and I don't like pick-ups at all. But a Cybertruck is a bird of a different color all-together!

Kate : )

SaveComment21Like1
Comments (21)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

Well you might be the first person I’ve heard liking the looks! Most comments involve 5 year olds and crayons.

Save    
elvis

Looks like origami. Or a paper airplane without wings. I prefer the looks of my 1984 "futuristic" car.

And, the best part is that I finished paying for it in 1988.

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

I think it might look out of place in a thrift store parking lot, so I've decided to pass. Not giving up my thrift stores, I don't care how cool it is.

1 Like Save    
elvis

I park mine there all summer long, Mud. They love that it's well-used and long-paid-for.

1 Like Save    
Coral reef

8 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Good one, coral reef! Ha!

Kate

Save    
JodiK

Where is the flux capacitor on that thing?

Save    
foodonastump

Elvis is that yours? I thought yours was light blue or am I misremembering?

1 Like Save    
blfenton

Well, if you lock your keys in your car apparently the unbreakable "armour" windows, aren't.

1 Like Save    
Solsthumper

Reminds me of a F-117 Nighthawk. Sleek, but not quite my style (nor my budget). I’ll stick with my Avalanche.

And I can just imagine the eyebrows raised by pulling a fast & furious in a Cybertruck, in my tiny Mayberry town.

Sol

Save    
gsciencechick(8a NC/SC border)

You can laugh all you want, but they have 250,000 pre-orders on the Cybertruck.

I am, however, seriously interested in the Mustang Mach E. I really would like to see a prototype in person. I almost put down a $500 deposit on it. Also, the first edition that will be released is also full of pre-orders.

Save    
elvis

Food, mine's blue. Just didn't want to dig for a pic.

Save    
foodonastump

gsciencechick - I thought about putting down $500 for the Mach E, too, but by the time I got around to it, too late sold out. I do hate the use of the name Mustang for this enough to have signed a petition to change it. I’m also waiting to hear more about the upcoming hybrid F150, to see if it’s environmentally friendly enough to make me feel less guilty about my truck habit.

Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,maifleur,others(8a)

This doesn’t look like it would haul enough food to feed my family, never mind the food for the hundreds of families that we supply food for each week, so I’ll pass.

1 Like Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

when I saw the article, I immediately went to the movie, The Princess Bride. Unbreakable? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

My son, on the other hand, was struck by how affordable it was.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

elvis, I'm a gearhead, but apparently, a blind one. What car is it you have?

Save    
elvis
  1. The only new car I've ever bought! I'm...thrifty.
Save    
JodiK

I find the vehicle on display to be as hideous as it's possible to be. No, thank you... even if it were free.

Save    
Elizabeth

Teslas have both a trunk in the rear and a frunk in the front as their is no engine. Much more storage than you would think. Also your key fob remains in your pocket and the car recognizes you, lights up, extends lighted door handles and unlocks. You won't be locking your keys in any ignition.

The truck certainly is not attractive to my eye. No sale.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

My apologies, what make and model is the car elvis?

Save    
batyabeth

just awful, imo. ugly clunky and pretentious. And while I haven't had a car in way too long, I'd like anything with wheels and a decent few years ahead of it. Can't afford one yet, but I'm old and tired and would love a car, any car. But that one? Nooooooo thankee.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular The Inevitable Future of Drones Around Your Home
As Google joins the push for airborne deliveries, it seems only a matter of time before neighborhoods are buzzing with drones. Is that OK?
Full Story
Home Tech The Future of Home Automation: Cheap, Wearable and Mobile!
Look for smart watches and glasses that can control your smart-phone apps, which in turn automate your home equipment
Full Story
Bathroom Design Straight Flush: The Future of Toilets in the Home
Night lights, seat warmers and temperature-controlled bidets are here — and that’s just the beginning
Full Story