Besides having a wonderfully delicious pecan waffle

glenda_al

I wasn't charged for my order.

Went to Waffle House, as I often do, on a Sunday.

Got the attention of the cook, when I walked in and asked him if he would make me a crispy pecan waffle, with melted butter instead of syrup.

He did, even brought it to the table. He came back to see how I was enjoying the waffle, and I tipped him for doing such a great job. Normally the waiter/waitress does all that, but because I specifically got his attention when I walked in the door, he took care of EVERYTHING.

When I went to pay, the gal at the register told me my bill had been taken care of.

Life is good!

SaveComment12Like14
Comments (12)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
OutsidePlaying

What a nice surprise, Glenda. Your waffle sounds wonderful.

Save     Thanked by glenda_al
nicole___

That's fun! Good for you Glenda!

1 Like Save    
sephia_wa

A crispy pecan waffle, yum, that sounds good. I think I'd still have the syrup though. ;>)

1 Like Save    
Janie

How nice for you, Glenda, you must be living right!

Save     Thanked by glenda_al
matthias_lang

Oh, how delicious! I am so suggestible. My waffle iron will be coming out for breakfast tomorrow! Pecans are in the fridge, shelled, ready to go. But, yes, I'll have butter and maple syrup.

1 Like Save    
glenda_al

I have never been a syrup person. Just melted butter ONLY on pancakes as well.

1 Like Save    
nickel_kg

I love Waffle House :-)

1 Like Save    
Chi

I have never been to a Waffle House. Do they cook it right in front of you? I don't think I've ever seen the cook at a breakfast place.

That sounds like a nice surprise.

1 Like Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

I'm with you on the syrup veto, glenda :-) Only butter for me as well.

And it must help to know or speak to the right person!! Nice for you that you got a free breakfast! That would make my day

1 Like Save    
Rusty

What a wonderful way to start off a new month!

Now I'm wishing we had a Waffle House around here, it's been over 20 years since I've been in one. I wonder if IHOP has waffles. . . . . .

Rusty

Save    
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Chi, Waffle House restaurants are primarily found in the Southeast, with just a few exceptions. There are over 2000 virtually identical restaurants, each open around the clock every single day of the year.

Each restaurant runs faithfully according to a formula, guaranteeing customers of consistent, if plain and simple meals when ever they might find themselves in a Waffle House.

The kitchen is entirely open to the view of the patrons and the line cooks may be preparing waffles, eggs, steaks, or burgers....all at the same time.

Save    
glenda_al

I am a frequent diner at nearby Waffle House, so most know me. I had mentioned to the cook a while back about cooking bacon in my waffle if I ordered it. Mother did and I so loved bacon waffles.

chi, it's a small diner with cook and waitress working behind a counter with stools in front of the counter. Booths on the opposite side by windows.

They are always busy for breakfast and on weekends, so I tend to go on Sunday's when the crowd has diminished after 1:00.

The cook, I mentioned, is excellent. He's the only one I've seen on weekends.

Used to stop by Waffle House when son finished baseball practice when he was 7ish. He's now 54 :o)

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Remodeling Guides Have Your Open Kitchen and Close It Off Too
Get the best of both worlds with a kitchen that can hide or be in plain sight, thanks to doors, curtains and savvy design
Full Story
Most Popular 20 Kitchen Must-Haves From Houzz Readers
We asked you to tell us your top kitchen amenities. See what popular kitchen features made the list
Full Story
Kitchen Design Today’s Coffee Stations Have All Kinds of Perks
Some of these features are so over the top that they will give you a jolt
Full Story
The Mission of USA Cabinet Store and Design Center is to provide the best customer service, the highest quality... Read More
Our goal is to make the design process approachable and inclusive to everyone. We help you realize your dream by... Read More