My Fellow Republicans...please follow the facts

Annie Deighnaugh

To my fellow Republicans, I give this grave and genuine warning: It’s not enough merely to dismiss the Ukraine investigation as a partisan witch hunt or to hide behind attacks against the “deep state,” or to try to find some reason to denounce every witness who steps forward, from decorated veterans to Trump megadonors.

History demands that we all wrestle with the facts at hand. They are unavoidable....

From what I have read, it seems clear that President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine was subjected to a shakedown — pressured to become a foreign participant in President Trump’s re-election campaign, a violation of the law....

So, to my fellow Republicans who have been willing only to attack the process, I say: engage in the process. If the president is innocent, use the process to surface those exculpatory facts so that Congress and the country can agree whether or not Mr. Trump should be removed from office. The facts — not rhetoric — should answer this question: Is there an offense serious enough to undo the results of the 2016 election?...

Here’s what I know: Neither the country nor the Constitution is served by a partisan shouting match divorced from the facts, a process boycotted by one side refusing to engage on the merits. John Adams is still right 250 years later: Facts are stubborn things. Facts are what should determine whether a stubborn president stays in office. Republicans, don’t fight the process, follow the facts wherever they lead, and put country above party.

-- Slade Gorton was a Republican senator from Washington from 1981 to 1987, and again from 1989 to 2001.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/25/opinion/my-fellow-republicans-please-follow-the-facts.html?fbclid=IwAR1ht9sa3ye1kWhE86WinI7_W7F0HPY6ocsKWHhg9mNgfepnzma8_XJTqIA

SaveComment89Like7
Comments (89)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lurker111

Crats shouldn't use the word "facts". And yes, we will engage the process and the facts will take us straight to Biden, Pelosi, and the rest of the gang.

From what I have read, it seems clear

See^^^ this is what they call "facts"

1 Like Save    
Rina

Crats [sic] don't usually write pieces beginning with: My fellow Republicans ...

And that's a fact.

16 Likes Save    
lurker111

How dare he!!!

Save    
foodonastump

“Fact” is I’ve seen zero credible defense. “Fact” is those with the most direct knowledge are not showing up to testify. Got anything for us, lurker?

11 Likes Save    
lurker111

Your so called direct knowledge is hearsay. No defense is needed. Everyone testified that they never spoke to Trump except for one person, who testified that no one on this planet told him anything. He presumed. This is how dirty the crats are, and those who support them are just as crooked. The house crats have been exposed. Game over. Now, on to the investigations that the crats are so desperately trying to stop.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I'll repeat:

If the president is innocent, use the process to surface those exculpatory facts so that Congress and the country can agree whether or not Mr. Trump should be removed from office.

They can't. There are no facts or witnesses that exculpate the pres. None. If there were, they'd have shown up to provide that testimony already...the emails or texts would've been released. But there are none. trump is guilty and unfit for office.

16 Likes Save    
lurker111

Trump is innocent until proven guilty. Get over it. The scam didn't work.

No telling what Schiff would imagine. He's insane. the President of the USA should not have to deal with delusional politicians, and be forced to answer to their delusional fantasies.

Again, this is just an attempt to coverup crat corruption in an attempt to save their children.

Save    
foodonastump

In other words you’ve got nothing.

15 Likes Save    
lurker111

Nothing is all that is needed. The crats confessed under oath and left Schiff to come up with some delusional rhetoric that only works in his mind. The crats have nothing more than an unhealthy imagination.

In other words you’ve got nothing.

Innocent until proven guilty. The testimony proved Trump is innocent. The witnesses debunked Schiff's imagination.

Save    
foodonastump

We’ve got a phone call, we’ve got withheld funds, we’ve got Mulvaney’s admission (albeit retracted in hindsight, dummy), and you’ve got stifled witnesses and scrambling for explanation.

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

In other words, you have nothing. We have Trump and Zelensky, the real phone call and the transcript. The funds were released before the due date. Nothing was withheld. That's the crat imagination I was talking about. Must be contagious.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Let them testify.

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Adam Schiff had NOTHING when he promised us, "there is direct evidence in the emails from the Russians through their intermediary offering dirt on Hillary Clinton as part of what is described in writing as the Russian government effort to help elect Donald Trump ."

"But it was just my imagination Runnin' away with me-once again
Seems it was just my imagination
Runnin' away with me"--Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong, The Temptations

ROTF, Schiff is such a liar.

3 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Instead of accusing others of lying, the ones supporting the man of 13,000+ lies, should just admit they don't care what trump has done, they support him.

11 Likes Save    
how2girl

15 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

12 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

15 Likes Save    
chipotle

What indeed?

The nonsense that's posted here isn't a defense; just a bunch of hot air.

8 Likes Save    
JodiK

It also seems to have escaped notice that our LE and Justice system appear to now operate on the premise that the accused is guilty until they prove their innocence.

At least, this is pretty much how it works for the average citizen these days.

Save    
margaux

There goes lurker again saying that the funds were released by the due date. There was no due date. There was a date in September where the funds would be withdrawn and that's why Congress and the State Department were questioning the hold as September approached.

The Department of Defense announced on June 18 that they would be releasing the aid. Ukraine had met the requirements:

This security cooperation is made possible by Ukraine’s continued
progress on the adoption of key defense institutional reforms to align
Ukraine’s national security architecture with Euro-Atlantic principles.

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/1879340/dod-announces-250m-to-ukraine/

5 Likes Save    
lurker111

There was no due date.

Then the left has nothing to complain about.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

chipotle

What indeed?

The nonsense that's posted here isn't a defense; just a bunch of hot air.

Proof yet again it’s pointless to discuss with Trump supporters, who live in “alternative facts” universe, which seems to be expanding on a daily basis as the “facts” are becoming more and more outlandish.

5 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

My opinion: trump fans are twisting like pretzels.

5 Likes Save    
margaux

The length of the hold-up isn't the point, lurker. The reason for the hold-up is. Trump won't let the ones who know testify. Why not?

7 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

You can tell the OP was written by a goper as he talks about "undoing the election" which is another gop talking point.

No one is talking about undoing the election. You can't.

trump will always be a former president whenever he's out of office for whatever reason. No one can roll back the clock. No one can undo the choices he's made...the security breaches with the russians...the damage he's done to our relations with our allies and our enemies...the betrayal of the kurds now facing ethnic cleansing by the turks...the damage he's done to the environment...the effects of the massive deficits on taxpayers present and future...the children who will never know their families due to being separated from them. That's done and done.

No one is talking about removing trump to replace him with hillary. Hillary lost. That's done and done.

Rather it's about removing a man from the office who has proved himself to be dangerous and unfit, to be replaced with a different republican who will theoretically continue to appoint conservative judges and maintain other trump policies -- but do it legally and not as corruptly.

12 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Bad news for Dems. Under our system, the opposition doesn’t get to remove a president over a hoax they themselves created.

The audacious plan to frame President Trump may have seemed like a good idea at the time. Before we had an experienced AG interested in finding the “genesis” of the scheme to keep Trump out of the White House. Before the scheme to ensure his quick removal if he were elected. Before word got out that the FBI misled the FISA court. Before we knew it used Carter Page as the vehicle to electronically spy on all of Page’s associates, past and present, and all of their associates. In other words, within our own corrupt ICs, a plan was hatched to spy on the Trump campaign...with Hillary’s supporters leading the charge.

This is America, so Dems can opine that our duly elected president is “dangerous” and “unfit.” But that isn’t evidence. It’s just a talking point, an increasingly ineffective one at that.

2 Likes Save    
graywings123(7)

^^^^ I'm anxiously awaiting the report from the AG on his investigation into all this.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

abh, you really need to get updated with the facts:

• A draft copy of a report compiled by the Department of Justice inspector general concludes that the FBI didn’t spy on President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign... https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/doj-inspector-general-draft-report-says-fbi-didn-t-spy-n1093066
  • Critically,according to US officials who spoke to the Post, the Inspector General did not find that this possible alteration affected “the overall validity” or legal basis for the wiretap application. https://www.vox.com/2019/11/22/20977630/inspector-general-report-carter-page-russia-investigation
  • there was no "scheme" to keep trump out of the wh. Even if there were, it didn't work as he's in, despite losing the popular vote.
  • there *was* a scheme by the russians to interfere in the US election favoring trump to the detriment of hillary including computer system break ins and stolen documents as well as propaganda campaign in social media and illegal campaign contributions
  • there is an ongoing russian intelligence operation to blame ukraine for the russian hacking to the detriment of our nation and our election process, with which the president and the gop are participants as they support that false narrative over our own intelligence agencies
  • trump *did* try to shakedown Pres Z over dirt on biden which is illegal and an abuse of power

4 Likes Save    
queenmargo

Emma

Trump supporters have the same issue with facts that trump has. They are not bright enough to recognize facts from fiction, or they just choose to ignore the facts or they are just liars like their hero. Or maybe all three.

Emma- you are directly insulting forum members indirectly, LOL. I am not ignoring that fact.

Save    
queenmargo

Emma

I specifically did not mention forum members. If a forum member chooses to take offense by a comment that does not mention them by name that is their problem.

Thank you for validating my post. It happens every day on here. We all know whats what;) How many times have we been told by someone on the left that we break the rules when no forum members were named. LOL

1 Like Save    
bleusblue2

adoptedbyhounds

Bad news for Dems. Under our system, the opposition doesn’t get to remove a president over a hoax they themselves created.

The audacious plan to frame President Trump may have seemed like a good idea at the time. Before we had an experienced AG interested in finding the “genesis” of the scheme to keep Trump out of the White House. Before the scheme to ensure his quick removal if he were elected. Before word got out that the FBI misled the FISA court. Before we knew it used Carter Page as the vehicle to electronically spy on all of Page’s associates, past and present, and all of their associates. In other words, within our own corrupt ICs, a plan was hatched to spy on the Trump campaign...with Hillary’s supporters leading the charge.

This is America, so Dems can opine that our duly elected president is “dangerous” and “unfit.” But that isn’t evidence. It’s just a talking point, an increasingly ineffective one at that.

~~~~

alternative facts

2 Likes Save    
Chi

Emma is correct. It's not against the rules to speak generally about "Trump supporters." Now if she said "Trump supporters like you" or named names, that would be a personal attack.

Trump supporters here say plenty of nasty things about "Dems" or "liberals" and those also aren't personal attacks.

7 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Thanks, Annie, but we already know the FBI got the most intrusive FISA warrant by claiming Carter Page was a spy. With that warrant, the FBI could spy on all of his contacts and all of their contacts. The FBI was spying on the Trump campaign, but the information it gathered was “incidental.” It wasn’t really “spying.”

A leaked “draft report” generating a claim by the MSM that the FBI didn’t spy on the Trump Campaign is not evidence. It’s called getting out in front of the story. I appreciate and share your concern about keeping up with the facts. So I’ll leave it to you to give these leaks the importance you think they deserve, and I’ll do the same, as we await the actual reports.

Dems and the MSM appear to be working overtime to downplay a report to be given by the IG, an Obamacare appointee.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

abh, if -- and I'm not saying they were as there is no evidence of it -- but if the FBI was "spying" on the trump campaign*, do you not think that the over 140 contacts with russians including oligarchs and ex kgb guys would give them any reason to? Do you not think that having a campaign with undeclared paid foreign agents in it would give them reason to? Do you not think that hacked DNC servers and released emails that were timed to trump's favor, including a hack that happened within minutes of trump publicly asking the russians to do so would have something to do with it?

trump is not an innocent victim here, no matter how one might want to paint him so. He has surrounded himself with felons and dirty dealers because he's one of them.

------------------

*and no one has yet made this part of the conspiracy tale hang together...if the fbi were spying on trump to favor hillary, then why did comey tank her election in late october and why did they never leak the fact that trump was under investigation..while they were more than happy to talk about hillary's emails...and if it doesn't make sense, it's not true.

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"...if the FBI was "spying" on the trump campaign*, do you not think that the over 140 contacts with russians including oligarchs and ex kgb guys would give them any reason to?"

What do contacts without context tell you? What did you learn? Did the FBI investigate all of the individuals involved in all of the events you list as concerning?

Was anyone other than Carter Page targeted for a Title 1 warrant? Why do we know about Carter Page?

Why do you think the FBI lied about Carter Page being a RUSSIAN SPY?

Because with Title 1, it could get access to all of his contacts, and all of their contacts.

What do you think a FISA warrant grants the FBI permission to do?

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Did the FBI investigate all of the individuals involved in all of the events you list as concerning?

Well we know that mueller managed to issue indictments to 34 russians for illegal activities in his probe.

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Good point, Annie! What did he say about "No Americans...?"

1 Like Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

It is clear, from what we see here and in public, that the 'defense' of the president depends mainly on sowing doubt and confusion, obfuscation and outright falsehoods.

If the president were totally innocent, one would think he'd be eager to allow his minions to appear before Congress. Why won't he do so himself?

6 Likes Save    
Rina

Of course he would want his minions to testify. Of course he would testify himself. If he were innocent it would be the quickest and easiest way to put the whole matter to rest, save the country a lot of expense, and let his administration get on with its job and the whole country get on with preparing for next year's election in a calm and sane way.

6 Likes Save    
Nana H

Next week, Dec 9th I think, should be interesting if the
" leaks " about the Horowitz report are true. Although there is finding of some wrongdoing (which has been sent to the DOJ for a possible criminal investigation) at a lower level apparently this is going to be a huge disappointment for Trump supporters in terms of the spying, political corruption at high levels, attempts at a coup, and FISA allegations.

Will be interesting to hear what he has to say and how Barr and Trump , with the help of FOX, try and spin it.

3 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

So will it be yet another of the never materialized big bombs that are supposed to annihilate the "DemocRATs" & "libtards"?

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

Carolb, they’ve been disappointed so far after ominously warning us.

2 Likes Save    
JodiK

Sorry, Annie, but it would seem that your thread title is a bit of an impossibility...

Save    
lily316

And they found plenty of dirt. Google is your friend.

6 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

abh, we know that any counterintelligence stuff Mueller came up with was turned over to the fbi and not included in his report. And Mueller didn't pursue any of trump's finances. So at best Mueller's report was partial and incomplete. Even at that he found plenty of evidence of obstruction of justice, which, in and of itself demonstrates a consciousness of guilt.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Still no dirt on trump? How soon they forget Individual-1, an unindicted co-conspirator in a felony.

6 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

What did Mueller say about “No American” Annie?

There were many calls from the left to “read the report.” There ought to be no end of folks who read it and know exactly what he said. The refusal to admit it has been noted.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The insistence on focusing on the "no American" bit of the Mueller report ignores all the lies uncovered. Ignores the purview of Mueller's work. (Thought Roger Stone is an American, however.)

Should I duly note something?

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)
Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Thinking about it more - what has "the left" (who is "the left"? Does it include some GOP?) refused to admit? I admit I must be confused because I have come up with nothing re Mueller or Page (Lisa or Carter) or Trump's negotiations with Ukraine.

I think we'll know more about what the FBI thought about Carter Page in a few days.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"I think we'll know more about what the FBI thought about Carter Page in a few days."

Yes! We already know the FBI told the FISA Court Carter Page was a Russian Spy. No telling what else they lied about.

Save    
Nana H

We know ? Can you point me to some source that states that? I do know that they did say they had suspicions about him being a Russian spy/agent but not that he WAS a spy. In fact that was the point of the original warrant as I understood it, to determine if he was a spy.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

How do you know CPage isn't a spy?

I don't find FBI used the word "spy" in the FISAs. Would you provide a source as I can't find one.

These words do seem to have been used: collaborating and conspiring and co-ordinated.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Ahhh, I'm not the only one who can't verify the claim made (repeatedly) by ABH.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

And cpage has history:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/04/03/carter-page-met-with-russian-spy

Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page met with an undercover Russian spy in 2013 and gave him documents, Page confirmed to BuzzFeed News. The Russian intelligence operative Victor Podobnyy was charged in the United States in January 2015 with acting as an unregistered agent of a foreign government. In his charging documents, Podobnyy is quoted as discussing his efforts to recruit Page, who is referred to as “Male-1” throughout the document. Page confirmed to BuzzFeed that he was Male-1. “[Male-1] wrote that he is sorry, he went to Moscow and forgot to check his inbox, but he wants to meet when he gets back. I think he is an idiot and forgot who I am... He got hooked on Gazprom thinking that if they have a project, he could rise up,” Podobnyy is quoted as saying in the charging document. “I also promised him a lot... this is intelligence method to cheat, how else to work with foreigners? You promise a favor for a favor. You get the documents from him and tell him to go [expletive deleted] himself.”

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"I don't find FBI used the word "spy" in the FISAs. Would you provide a source as I can't find one."

LOL! I wouldn't expect the FBI to use a term like "SPY" in their sworn FISA application. Did you not see the redacted report released in 2018, where the FBI swore it believed Carter Page as "an agent of the Russian Federation," among other things? Do you not understand the purpose of the Title 1 FISA warrant is to permit electronic spying on a US citizen on US soil, any of that person's contacts, and any of their contacts? It's SPYING. If the FBI wasn't SPYING, it wouldn't have needed a warrant.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Well, Barr uses it.

I do not call what the FBI was doing under the FISA warrant "spying". I can see that others, fans of Carter Page, would call it spying.

The FBI wanted to find out if he is a spy. They had to have been suspicious otherwise they wouldn't have done that FISA thing.

"I think he he is a spy." ≠ "He is a spy."

2 Likes Save    
chipotle

4 Likes Save    
Wants to Grow

"If the president is innocent, use the process to surface those exculpatory facts so that Congress and the country can agree whether or not Mr. Trump should be removed from office."

Hi Annie Deighnaugh, What kind of government requires the accused to prove themselves innocent? Offhand, I'm thinking Cambodia or Venezuela. Do you really subscribe to such a Kafka-esque type of justice?

1 Like Save    
cattyles

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

I think the point is that Trump could put and end to this if he wanted to and if he had testimony that would do that..

He is the President, if he loved his country and was innocent of wrongdoing, he could put this mess to bed, while at the same time destroying the Dems hopes in 2020. If he could, but he won't, because he can't.

This is not a criminal trial and rules of criminal trials do not apply.

5 Likes Save    
Wants to Grow

Hi Nana, Why can't the partisan Democrats prove President's Trump's guilt? Is it because they can't decide on what to charge him?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Best way to show the foolishness of Dems' decisions - Trump makes everyone available to give testimony - goes with transparency. That way, we all see the good in what Trump is doing and see how unfairly he's been treated by the House.

4 Likes Save    
Wants to Grow

Hi Ziemia, Please allow me to introduce you to the 5th Amendment of our Constitution.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Save    
bleusblue2

^^^in what sense would t be a witness AGAINST himself? His story is that he had a perfect conversation -- wouldn't he like to say more about that?

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

WTG: What kind of government requires the accused to prove themselves innocent?

Well, the French government for one with the Napoleonic code...not sure if it's still used in Louisiana, but it used to be.

IAC, nowhere in the op ed did I even see a suggestion that the government is *requiring* trump to prove himself innocent. Rather, if he is or has exculpatory evidence, then he could appear himself, or let his people appear or provide the documents that would at least cast doubt on his guilt. Instead he's appearing before cameras, tweeting, and having his staff do the same *admitting* he's doing exactly as has been suggested: strong arming ukraine for personal gain -- dirt on his political opponent -- and illegally perverting US funding and US foreign policy to achieve those ends....and then obstructing justice to block the investigation into those activities. As mulvaney said, we do it all the time...get over it. Nice.

2 Likes Save    
Wants to Grow

Hi bleusblue2, Since partisan Democrats have no evidence against Trump, the best they can hope for at this point, would be to compel President Trump into self incrimination. The goal for partisan Democrats would be a process crime, similar to those charged against Michael Flynn.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

There also seems to be continuing confusion about impeachment. A president may be impeached for noncriminal activity as well as criminal. For example, it would not be a crime for a president to appoint a cabinet full of 16 year olds ...it is certainly within his powers to do so... but it could be impeachable. It is not a crime for a president to spend every day vacationing, but it could be impeachable.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Since partisan Democrats have no evidence against Trump, the best they can hope for at this point, would be to compel President Trump into self incrimination.

a) whether the democrats are partisan or not is irrelevant. What matters is if they have evidence of wrongdoing by the president.

b) they have plenty of evidence...and they'd have even more if trump allowed his people to comply with congressional subpoenas and turned over the records of the events surrounding the Ukraine phone calls and meetings. There's a reason why he is obstructing justice.

3 Likes Save    
Wants to Grow

Annie Deighnaugh

I'll repeat:

If the president is innocent, use the process to surface those exculpatory facts so that Congress and the country can agree whether or not Mr. Trump should be removed from office.

They can't. There are no facts or witnesses that exculpate the pres. None. If there were, they'd have shown up to provide that testimony already...the emails or texts would've been released. But there are none. trump is guilty and unfit for office.

Hi again Annie, There seems to be a lot of yearning from partisan Democrats to see President Trump prove his innocence. My observation is, that isn't how US justice is conducted.

1 Like Save    
Carro

Annie Deighnaugh

There also seems to be continuing confusion about impeachment. A president may be impeached for noncriminal activity as well as criminal

We know. We know. We know.

WtG's point stands.

Save    
Carro

Hi again Annie, There seems to be a lot of yearning from partisan Democrats to see President Trump prove his innocence. My observation is, that isn't how US justice is conducted.

Yeah, if you find yourself a lawyer who tell you to take the stand in your own defense, FIRE THEM!

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

US justice isn't normally conducted to allow people to defy congressional subpoenas, but there we are.

3 Likes Save    
cattyles

WTG made a point?!?

1 Like Save    
Carro

Let's list the names of Obama's crew who defied Congressional subpoenas. Then let's list the names of Obama's administration that lied under oath when testifying to Congress.

Save    
cattyles

Yes! Let’s divert the discussion to Obama! OMG that tan suit and “keep your doctor”. I can’t believe he wasn’t impeached.

3 Likes Save    
cattyles

I think the above was meant for the Horrifying Hairy Leg thread, carro? This is the Hilarious to Think Republicans Will Acknowledge Facts thread. (Now deleted, you’re welcome).

3 Likes Save    
margaux

Wants to Grow

Hi bleusblue2, Since partisan Democrats have no evidence against Trump, the best they can hope for at this point, would be to compel President Trump into self incrimination. The goal for partisan Democrats would be a process crime, similar to those charged against Michael Flynn.

I actually don't want to see Trump defend himself as he's a known pathological liar. I don't want him to self-incriminate and to be charged with a process crime. I want the TRUTH. I want to see Mulvaney, Pompeo, Giuliani--whomever Trump told the reason for withholding the aid from June to September--to testify under oath.

Do you want to hear their testimony under oath, WtG? Do you want to hear the truth?

2 Likes Save    
margaux

The diversion just proves to me that they are afraid of the truth.

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

Perry! Don’t forget Gubner Goodhair’s testimony and consequences.

Save    
cattyles

Of course they’re afraid of the truth.

1 Like Save    
margaux

House Republicans issued a report today. From CNN:

The Republicans argue that Trump's concerns about former Vice President
Joe Biden and his son Hunter were valid, that Trump withheld a meeting
and US security aid as he sought proof that Ukrainian President
Volodymyr Zelensky was a "true reformer," and there was no quid pro quo
as Trump did not pressure Zelensky on the July call between the two
Presidents, despite Trump asking for a favor.

Good. So when will Mulvaney et al testify before the committee that Trump told them that he was withholding aid because he wanted proof that Zelensky was a true reformer?

3 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

^^^So corruption investigation in Ukraine was confined to Biden's son -- even though Congress had approved the aid. Trump is much more thorough in rooting out corruption than anybody in history. He does it all by himself, no need of the usual institutions that are in place to do things like that.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yeah, all about ukrainian corruption even though he never mentioned it, but he did mention 2 Americans: biden and yovanovitch.

And if he was so concerned about ukraine corruption, why did he bring up biden and china?

And if he was so concerned about ukraine corruption, why was perry in there corruptly gaining contracts out of ukraine for his energy buds? Y'know the guy who has since resigned...

And we still don't know all that was said as the call notes contain ellipses...but what we saw was inculpating enough.

None of the rw story hangs together. Esp when you consider how many cover stories they've told. If you tell the truth, you don't need a good memory.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

I love the description used of “Partisan Democrats” as if words make it real. We know Republicans are not Partisan. They are all Russian sympathizers now.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

They can't. There are no facts or witnesses that exculpate the pres.

Exculpate the president for what?

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Exculpate the president for what?

Abuse of power

Lying to the American people

Contempt of Congress

Obstruction of Justice

Campaign finance violations

Impoundment

Corruption

Extortion

We'll know today when the report is released what the dems in the intelligence committee suggest the judiciary focus on.

2 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

That's quite a list, Annie! Given there is not a single witness, nor a single fact to exculpate the president, it seems odd that Dems are still doing the "inquiry" thing. I thought the inquiry phase was just to ensure there's "enough evidence" for impeachment. Why do you think the list you shared here isn't sufficient to move on with it? You know the president cannot be "exculpated" so Dems already have a slam dunk, right?

Abuse of power

Lying to the American people

Contempt of Congress

Obstruction of Justice

Campaign finance violations

Impoundment

Corruption

Extortion

Save    
lurker111

Those silly conspiracy theories have all been debunked.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Color Crowd-Pleasing Paint Colors for Staging Your Home
Ignore the instinct to go with white. These colors can show your house in the best possible light
Full Story
Farmhouses Houzz Tour: Retirees Follow Vineyard Dreams With a Hillside Farmhouse
Being closer to family and growing grapes for wine drove this 5-bedroom new build in the Virginia countryside
Full Story