SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deb_s49

Seeking FLW (Frank Lloyd Wright) design guidance- WWY do

deb s
4 years ago

I love unique architecture, and just purchased a home designed in the Frank Llyod Wright style (this one by a student of his- not his actual work) The home is is perfect condition - even the kitchen cabinets are like new. BUT-- i need to update the house and am looking for advise from those who are MCM or FLW advocates.

I will be closing on this property mid dec and would like to plan out the updates. I will post the floor plan once I can get it - PLEASE note the furniture is from the previous owner - the pics are from the real estate listing

The house has the famous red floors with radiant heat- so I will not change those. I also want to keep the wood intact as it flows throughout the house and provides a very zen feeling.

I have several areas I am seeking the help from this fantastic group- so hoping several posting in one posting is better than several separate postings

Questions-

The interior concrete wall are painted a yellowish beige- i would like to bring in a grey but worry that the grey will add to to "cool" - Any recommendations on paint color options? I will be putting in a room size area rug and pottery barn turner large leather couches and chairs.

The kitchen -while in fantastic condition, I feel needs updating and some better visual design by bringing in taller cabinets - I do not want craftsman style and do not want current day modern- i think the simplicity of mcm plain fronts in a lighter wood may be good. But can not find a good source (even inspiration pics) any suggestions?

I will be hiring an architect to design the addition of a master bath and a deck on the back- but if anyone has suggestions or pics of other FLW with additions it would be great! I am seeking interior inspiration for design finishes that retain FLW style (perhaps a tending towards Japanese?)

Comments (11)