SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanne_robinson

Garage Door Design Decision. Help!

Jeanne Robinson
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello : )

We are getting a new garage door and I have narrowed it down to three designs. Our budget is calling for a steel stamped carriage style door for our two car garage. Please help me decide. We have just had the house almost completely re-done with new siding, shutters, etc. and now it's time for the last decision. I think I know which garage door I want to go with but I want outside input before I make my final decision. Also, I want to go dark but everyone insists I'll regret it and I should go with my trim color or siding color. Is going dark really such a bad decision? I have already decided I don't want the garage door to be the same as my siding so we can leave that option off. We are also going to build a little wall to cover the trash bin but that's a whole other thing. However, if you have any input on that, I'd love to hear it, too.

Please help, I have decision fatigue! I really need to get this garage door order in so we can be finished and put this project to bed. I have three pics I mocked up in photoshop- choose your favorite style and which color you think I should go with and any input if you have it.

Please and many many thanks!

Details-

Siding: SW Repose Gray

Trim: Modern Gray

Shutters & Front Door: Urbane Bronze

PS Please ignore the dead and crappy landscaping and ratty mailbox. We're coming along slowly but surely around here. But, hey, I'll take input on that, too! I'm pretty much all ears.

Comments (5)