SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thornworn

Why are USA firms stuck on idle creating hardy and fungus free HTs ?

I like hybrid teas mostly, or actually big bloomed roses that make a dramatic statement. I like rose blooms that have polish, and for lack of a better phrase, "take my breath away". AND (the big and!), I really like those that are black spot free and winter hardy without protection.

Why is it the roses I like are all mostly Meilland, Tantau, and some Kordes, all ADR winners?

There's not one American rose in this category I have come across other than Quietness, not one winter hardy to its tips, black spot free, and having a big, showy, fragrant flower, like Quietness.

There are plenty of American beauties I hold in great admiration for looks, but they're a disaster for freedom from disease, and tip winter hardiness without protection.

While answering my question if you can name just TWO (2), American bred, big, showy bloomed roses which are also totally winter hardy without protection, and disease free (like a Knock Out), I will eagerly put it onto my 'to get,' list, and thank you in advance right now, for your effort in helping me.

Moses

Comments (17)