SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

RSVP's -- frustration!

User
4 years ago

I am hosting a shower on Saturday -- a champagne brunch plus shower. It's a small shower and I sent out 14 invitations plus me plus bride and mother of. Some of the 14 are future in-laws.

It's a week until the shower and I had 5 people confirmed to come plus bride and mother of.

Now my dilemma -- do I contact these people to see if they're coming or assume that they are not coming or assume that they ARE coming?

There is food involved and food for 7 and food for 17 is quite a difference in food and in seating arrangements.

Half of me wanted to be mean and say, if they didn't say that they're coming and they come, then they can have cake and punch while the rest of us have champagne and brunch. A'nd, Oh, I'm sorry but I didn't know you were coming so . . . I don't have a plate of food for you!

But the other half of me feels that this is WRONG! So I reached out -- to the one guest I had email for and yes, she is coming, and yes, she forgot to tell me and to the bride because it is her groom's family and yes, they re coming. She'll find out about the rest.

But it is frustrating as a hostess to have to "baby" the invitees so that I know whether or not to make them a piece of quiche and a cupcake!

Or does silence mean that they're coming and somehow I'm behind the times? The invitation specifically states RSVP and my phone number -- other guests "got it".

My rant is over! I'll make more quiche and put another leaf in the table!

Comments (53)