SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendycarolceleste

Two small hallway closet storage ideas

Corinne Lashley
4 years ago

Two hallway closets in our small 60 year old house. Approximately 28" wide by 21" deep, and 20" wide by 25" deep inches. Our ceiling is 8 feet high. With doors that open to the right. Our house is small and not a lot of storage.

I like the idea of adjustable shelving but outside of that don't know how much I want to spend? Would be for storing linen, blankets, and just other odds and ends. Not needed for coats or shoes. I can afford to spend a lot, but the reason I can is because I am a tightwad, ha ha.

I started looking for shelving systems...got online quotes just for one of the closets, $1,322. to $720. depending on the design I choose. These are for wire rack shelving from ClosetMaid

Just seems like a lot of money???? I have an appointment with ELFA closet systems next week.

I guess I need ideas from least expensive way to go, maybe not adjustable shelving, or is $2,000. for adjustable shelves for two small closets reasonable and worth it?

I do have a handy DIY'er friend that could help me install whatever I decide on.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!